Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boycott Scotch (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20268)

macpappy 08-20-2009 04:23 PM

Boycott Scotch

I'm putting this here because it isn't a question about which Scotch I like the best or comparing the different distilleries or regions of Scotland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/...tain_lockerbie

The link is to the story about Scotland releasing the only man convicted - and sentenced to life in prison - for the bombing of the Flight 103 which crashed in Lockerbie, Scotland on Dec. 18, 1988.

This CONVICTED terrorist had no compassion, no mercy for the people aboard Flt. 103. He was part of the terrorist group which decided that they should die. For this he stood trial and was convicted. Yes, I understand that his conviction was being appealed. Yes I know that there are some people in Britain who believe that he is innocent. But I also know that he was convicted and sentenced to die in prison.

Now the Scottish courts has decided to release him because he has prostate cancer and only has four or five months left to live. BUT ISN'T THAT ONE OF THE REASONS BEHIND THE SENTENCE!!!!

Or is this another government bending over and kissing the butt of a terrorist nation under the guise of being humanitarian. "Oh! He's dying. It's so sad! Let's send him home where he can spend the rest of his pitiful life with his family and BEING WORSHIPPED AS A HERO BY THE REST OF HIS TERRORIST NATION!!!

I AM PISSED.

So, I am boycotting all Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES and I urge all other Americans to do the same. Since I know this is going to have an insignificant affect on Scotland, this is purely a symbolic gesture on my part. But, if enough people will boycott Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES, then maybe someone will notice.

csbrewfisher 08-20-2009 04:27 PM

Re: Boycott Scotch

I'm boycotting scotch tape.

alley00p 08-20-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macpappy (Post 516473)
I'm putting this here because it isn't a question about which Scotch I like the best or comparing the different distilleries or regions of Scotland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/...tain_lockerbie

The link is to the story about Scotland releasing the only man convicted - and sentenced to life in prison - for the bombing of the Flight 103 which crashed in Lockerbie, Scotland on Dec. 18, 1988.

This CONVICTED terrorist had no compassion, no mercy for the people aboard Flt. 103. He was part of the terrorist group which decided that they should die. For this he stood trial and was convicted. Yes, I understand that his conviction was being appealed. Yes I know that there are some people in Britain who believe that he is innocent. But I also know that he was convicted and sentenced to die in prison.

Now the Scottish courts has decided to release him because he has prostate cancer and only has four or five months left to live. BUT ISN'T THAT ONE OF THE REASONS BEHIND THE SENTENCE!!!!

Or is this another government bending over and kissing the butt of a terrorist nation under the guise of being humanitarian. "Oh! He's dying. It's so sad! Let's send him home where he can spend the rest of his pitiful life with his family and BEING WORSHIPPED AS A HERO BY THE REST OF HIS TERRORIST NATION!!!

I AM PISSED.

So, I am boycotting all Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES and I urge all other Americans to do the same. Since I know this is going to have an insignificant affect on Scotland, this is purely a symbolic gesture on my part. But, if enough people will boycott Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES, then maybe someone will notice.

Well, I'll join your symbolic boycott for a while... :salute:

Besides, I can always sip Bourbon... Pappy VanWinkle, here I come!!! :D

:dance:

Kreth 08-20-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

I don't get it. The distilleries didn't release him. :confused:
But, as a show of support, I just scratched the shite out of my Braveheart DVD. :r

tobii3 08-20-2009 04:43 PM

Add Texas to that Boycott List

Squeaky Fromme released from Prison

:td

Doctorossi 08-20-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

TERRORIST NATION

I hear your frustration, but let's not go overboard. The common citizen of that nation has about as much to do with this situation as does the average Scottish distillery worker.

markem 08-20-2009 04:55 PM

Who would you rather paid for his end-of-life care? With any luck, the medical care where he winds up isn't near as good as where he was.

bigloo 08-20-2009 04:57 PM

I agree with Doc. Unless the people in the streets are protesting, I would not take out your anger on them for a bonehead government move. Previous boycotts of French (and like wise French boycotts of American) products were mainly driven by popular differences in the nations. This I doubt is a popular decision. I promise not to drink any Scotch tonight though, meet you half-way. :tu

Commander Quan 08-20-2009 05:02 PM

I won't wear a kilt until this is resolved!

BC-Axeman 08-20-2009 05:54 PM

I am part Scottish but I am 100% USA. I like JD just fine and have no problem with not drinking scotch for a while. I was disgusted by this news also. I am sick of people bending over for the lunatics while the sane are savaged wantonly. You know what I am talking about. I better stop before I cross the lines here.
Good time for a shot of JD.

TonySmith 08-20-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobii3 (Post 516498)

I can't believe we didn't execute her :D

blugill 08-20-2009 06:03 PM

Cuba treats its citizens horribly, do we need to boycott CCs?
Alas though I shall refrain from drinking scotch until this terrorist dies a natural death.

Sauer Grapes 08-20-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobii3 (Post 516498)

Wait... you mean releasing someone who pointed a gun at someone, and didn't murder anyone is the same as releasing someone who killed hundreds of innocent people on a plane? Or is it that you just hate Texas?

tobii3 08-20-2009 06:15 PM

Two words....Charles Manson

She should have been executed. He should have been YEARS ago.

M1903A1 08-20-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobii3 (Post 516623)

Amen!

kydsid 08-20-2009 06:50 PM

Let's see pay for their healthcare right up till they die or let them go home and die on their own dime. hmmm

macpappy 08-20-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugill (Post 516612)
Cuba treats its citizens horribly, do we need to boycott CCs?
Alas though I shall refrain from drinking scotch until this terrorist dies a natural death.

As much as I would like to smoke a Cuban Cigar, I won't as long as it is against the law. It doesn't matter that I personally think the embargo is stupid and ineffective and is only still in place because St. John Kennedy ordered it.

macpappy 08-20-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid (Post 516670)
Let's see pay for their healthcare right up till they die or let them go home and die on their own dime. hmmm

I guess that's why I favor the death penalty.

Sauer Grapes 08-20-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobii3 (Post 516623)

Let me get this straight... this woman, brainwashed and part of a cult, deserves to die due to guilt by association? IIRC, she never actually killed anyone and wasn't involved in the helter skelter killings. She is/was a bad person for sure, but I hardly see the correlation between her and the lockerbie bomber.

Scottw 08-20-2009 07:52 PM

Not to stir the pot but I agree with the above post. She wasn't present at the time of the Manson Murders.
But I'll shelve the Macallan 18 for a month and hopefully the dickhead dies.