Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Aeropress (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30772)

slickster81 04-08-2010 04:33 AM

Aeropress

The wife bought me one for my birthday and it arrived yesterday.

I just made my first espresso with it and all I can say is WOW! :dr:dr:dr

Smoooooooooooooooth and rich brew, no crema of course, but I can live with that at work.

Definitely a good investment, easy to use, easy to clean up. I can't wait to try some different roasts with this baby!

JaKaacH 04-08-2010 07:57 AM

Re: Aeropress

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago. Love it, great coffee, very smooth.
The best $$$ spent for coffee making...:tu

KenyanSandBoa 04-08-2010 10:18 AM

I haven't tried the AeroPress yet, but is seems like most the people who tried it, love it.

So, does it just sit on top of your mug?

JaKaacH 04-08-2010 12:05 PM

It is very simple to use.

How to video!!

KenyanSandBoa 04-08-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaKaacH (Post 821779)
It is very simple to use.

How to video!!

Thanks!! :tu

That's pretty cool...I think I'm sold. :D

slickster81 04-14-2010 04:58 AM

So far, no complaints about the Aeropress....have tried it with a couple different roasts, French, Espresso, and one medium roast Columbian, all turned out very acceptable, the most noteworthy thing is the smoothness of the brew.

On a humorous note, I work in a small company, about 420 employees, and 350 of them are women....yeah, fun....:rolleyes:

So yesterday, I am making a double espresso with the Aero, and this woman asks what I am doing, so I explained it was an espresso press, she said "Looks like a breast pump", and I replied "How do you think I get the frothed milk for a Cappuccino"? :=:

kenstogie 04-14-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa (Post 821828)
Thanks!! :tu

That's pretty cool...I think I'm sold. :D

Yea me too. How much are these contraptions? Has anyone compared them to the French Press?

kenstogie 04-14-2010 08:20 AM

The cost of them is $20-25. Not to much and filters are 3-4 for 350 of them as I recall.

KenyanSandBoa 04-14-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickster81 (Post 827738)
So far, no complaints about the Aeropress....have tried it with a couple different roasts, French, Espresso, and one medium roast Columbian, all turned out very acceptable, the most noteworthy thing is the smoothness of the brew.

On a humorous note, I work in a small company, about 420 employees, and 350 of them are women....yeah, fun....:rolleyes:

So yesterday, I am making a double espresso with the Aero, and this woman asks what I am doing, so I explained it was an espresso press, she said "Looks like a breast pump", and I replied "How do you think I get the frothed milk for a Cappuccino"? :=:

:r:r

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenstogie (Post 827869)
The cost of them is $20-25. Not to much and filters are 3-4 for 350 of them as I recall.

Not bad at all. Have you noticed if any B&M retailers sell them? I figure it's a great way to get an espresso (granted no crema) for short money. :tu