Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=944)

mikeyj23 04-29-2009 10:31 AM

Re: What are you reading?

"Swine Flu and Lewisville ISD: How We Prepare and Protect!"

high quality reading.
Posted via Mobile Device

Starscream 04-29-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigargal (Post 361129)
I acquired a volume with the whole trilogy in it-just the way Faulkner wanted it. You gotta love them Snopes:tu

Hilarious people!

Beagleone 04-29-2009 03:12 PM

For whatever reason, I decided to reread "The Stand" by Stephen King. I just finished reading "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown.

Fumes 04-29-2009 09:04 PM

The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. One of the characters smokes "Interactos." Marlowe calls them "toy cigars."

4WheelVFR 04-30-2009 12:25 AM

Reading Violence of the Mountain Man by William W Johnstone.

Starscream 05-01-2009 02:40 PM

All Quiet on the Western Front

SteveA 05-01-2009 08:45 PM

The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam. Fascinating book. Some interesting political parallels with current politics.

qwerty1500 05-02-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 365868)
The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam. Fascinating book. Some interesting political parallels with current politics.

I've always enjoyed Halberstam's books. I saw this one when it came out but forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder ... guess this one goes on my list too.

Currently reading Before the Storm by Rick Perlstein. It looks at Barry Goldwater's rise to take the 1964 GOP nomination. However, it is really an account of how the modern conservative movement was born. I'm a political junkie and Goldwater has always been a hero of mine ... so, it is an interesting read.

Cigargal 05-10-2009 11:39 AM

Finished a little cozy piece by Debbie Crombie called Shared in Death-a bit ho-hum, but someone donated the entire series to the the library so I thought I would give it a try. Same patron donated a bunch of books by Tim Dorsey-Florida like you have never seen it. I am reading Florida Roadkill right now. Reminds me of Leonard Elmore sort of.

Bruins Fan 05-10-2009 01:29 PM

I read playboy for the articles :r

yourchoice 05-10-2009 01:42 PM

Jeffery Deaver, "The Bodies Left Behind". First non-Lincoln Rhyme novel of his I have read. So far, very enjoyable.

kaisersozei 05-10-2009 06:31 PM

Just finished Greg Bear's Darwin's Radio, and am about 100 pages into Darwin's Children. Hardcore, biological sci-fi.... as a geneticist wannabe, I found the concepts fascinating and the pace of the writing excellent.

BMTA 05-10-2009 07:10 PM

Had to read "Your house, Your garden". Dang I wish I had a green thumb. Not my favorite book!

lightning9191 05-10-2009 07:44 PM

I've been reading "The Pirate Hunter" Good, but the author seems overly focused on pirates' sex lives

MithShrike 05-10-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaisersozei (Post 376906)
Just finished Greg Bear's Darwin's Radio, and am about 100 pages into Darwin's Children. Hardcore, biological sci-fi.... as a geneticist wannabe, I found the concepts fascinating and the pace of the writing excellent.

Yeah I really enjoyed those. I've had migraines like that character's before, I completely related to that one.

MithShrike 05-10-2009 07:55 PM

I am currently reading The Sorcerer's Plague by David B. Coe. It's a continuation of the story of Grinsa from the Winds of the Forelands series.

Savvy 05-16-2009 04:46 AM

Still working my way through the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. Just started Consent to Kill. So far so good.

Also started reading Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. It is a story about the battle of Thermopylae. Think of '300' but with a little different storyline about it. Very good so far, can't wait to get into the actual battle scenes.

Cigargal 05-19-2009 10:05 AM

Read The Murder Room, by P.D. James and now I have started another Tim Dorsey-Hammerhead Hotel...this guy is a hoot!

hotreds 05-19-2009 10:09 AM

12 Who Changed the World by Morris Inch

yourchoice 05-19-2009 10:15 AM

Well, I'm caught up on the Alex Cross novels (James Patterson), and am currently reading the couple Jeffrey Archer novels I haven't read. I just finished A Matter of Honour and am now reading False Impression. I remember a couple of other novels he had written as being some of the best reads in some time...not these two as much (still good, but not his best).

I'm trying to decide where to turn next...maybe Jonathon Kellerman, or more Jeffrey Deaver. We shall see.