Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   5 Healthy Reasons To Have a Beer Today (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34931)

Skywalker 08-06-2010 11:17 AM

5 Healthy Reasons To Have a Beer Today

Wow! I'm healthy and didn't know it!

The studies say two a day... Keep the Doctor away???
:tu

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/...1759&GT1=31007

Has anyone else heard about these studies???

Cheers!!!:chr

Montano 08-06-2010 11:27 AM

Re: 5 Healthy Reasons To Have a Beer Today

I need exactly ZERO reasons to have a beer :D

My doctor told me a few years ago, that 2 alcoholic beverages a day was good for blood pressure and such. If my doc told me it was good, then I will make every effort to do it ;)

Montano 08-06-2010 11:30 AM

LMAO @ this:

A study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association found that moderate drinking may be associated with better brain function. Women who consumed up to two drinks a day scored 20 percent higher on a cognitive functioning test than those who had less than one drink.

Subvet642 08-06-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montano (Post 943882)

:tpd::tu

Skywalker 08-06-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montano (Post 943886)
LMAO @ this:

A study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association found that moderate drinking may be associated with better brain function. Women who consumed up to two drinks a day scored 20 percent higher on a cognitive functioning test than those who had less than one drink.

:r:r:r

No comment!!!

awsmith4 08-06-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montano (Post 943886)
LMAO @ this:

Reminds me of this Cheers quote

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm.

:chr

Montano 08-06-2010 03:50 PM

That's classic !!

GHC_Hambone 08-06-2010 07:28 PM

I only need one reason...I'm thirsty.

kelmac07 08-06-2010 08:31 PM

Another good reason...

"Any day of the week that ends with "DAY"!!! :tu

JaKaacH 08-06-2010 10:07 PM

But there's more old drunks
Than there are old doctors

ODLS1 08-06-2010 10:36 PM

Remember, GOOD beer is good for you. Bud/Miller/Coors and such are not nearly as good for you. Craft beer doesn't have all the yeast filtered out (whether you can see it or not), and brewers yeast has a lot of B Vitamins. As soon as I switched from Bud to good beer, no more hangovers. Support your micro-breweries.

Bill86 08-07-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montano (Post 943882)

My doctor told me a few years ago, that 2 alcoholic beverages a day was good for blood pressure and such. If my doc told me it was good, then I will make every effort to do it ;)

So if 2 alcoholic beverages a day is GOOD for the blood pressure than 4 must be...GREAT!