Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone heard of Herrera Estili? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61873)

Blocky Patel 05-15-2013 09:44 PM

Anyone heard of Herrera Estili?

Disclaimer: mods, I will gladly submit to protocol if you prefer I don't start threads like this and instead post in the 'cigar I smoked today' thread. However, I don't see that thread as a discussion of cigars thread, merely a "check this out" thread.

Anyway, I stop by my B&M shop today and they have a "New Arrival" sign up in the humidor along with a laminated print out of Cigar Aficionado ratings of Herrera Estili (Nicaragua) and it got a 93. Now, I had never heard of it, not sure who grows it, etc (I'm about to do some research) but I bought a handful, and man, it is really, really good so far. Nice and taught, good draw, slow burning, a bit of burn on my tongue, medium body. Highly recommended.

Blocky Patel 05-15-2013 09:47 PM

Re: Anyone heard of Herrera Estili?

Ah, here we go: Drew Estate. That explains it.

http://cigarnubs.com/2013/03/28/herrera-esteli-review/

BHalbrooks 05-15-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blocky Patel (Post 1835279)
Disclaimer: mods, I will gladly submit to protocol if you prefer I don't start threads like this and instead post in the 'cigar I smoked today' thread. However, I don't see that thread as a discussion of cigars thread, merely a "check this out" thread.

Anyway, I stop by my B&M shop today and they have a "New Arrival" sign up in the humidor along with a laminated print out of Cigar Aficionado ratings of Herrera Estili (Nicaragua) and it got a 93. Now, I had never heard of it, not sure who grows it, etc (I'm about to do some research) but I bought a handful, and man, it is really, really good so far. Nice and taught, good draw, slow burning, a bit of burn on my tongue, medium body. Highly recommended.

I've seen them on here a little bit, on Facebook, instagram, etc. Heard they're tasty. Nobody I speak to consistently has reviewed on if I recall correctly.

Blocky Patel 05-15-2013 10:05 PM

Check the link I posted. The review there is remarkably similar to my experience with the smoke.

BHalbrooks 05-15-2013 10:08 PM

Already had :tu

Blocky Patel 05-15-2013 10:47 PM

Halfway through this stick and the foot is just as square as when I lit it. A great experience so far. Even with my inexperienced palate I can say the 93 rating is consistent.

czerbe 05-16-2013 06:42 AM

Willie is the Man!!! that is all

ksknnr 05-16-2013 06:59 AM

I can't seem to find these at my local places or online. Any one know where to get these online?

dave 05-16-2013 07:37 AM

First three places I just looked all appear to have on hand: Emersons, SmokeInn, SmallBatch

equetefue 05-16-2013 07:40 AM

Had a couple of them from a pre-release event at local Coronas, and they are pretty good for sure.

ksknnr 05-16-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 1835367)
First three places I just looked all appear to have on hand: Emersons, SmokeInn, SmallBatch

thanks Dave,
I should have looked harder, I usually just check CI and famous.

thanks for the info, I will have to give these a try,

dave 05-16-2013 07:47 AM

No sweat. I've poured a lot of cash into those two big guys. But I've been a lot happier since I've gotten away from them more.

MarkinAZ 05-16-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksknnr (Post 1835349)
I can't seem to find these at my local places or online. Any one know where to get these online?

...and here:

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Herrera-Esteli_Cigars_list

lilninjabuddy 05-16-2013 07:49 AM

Stellar cigar that nicely fills a gap in the DE lineup.

irratebass 05-16-2013 09:25 AM

I was given and smoked one by The Jigger (Craig) awesome smoke would like more

Frank-D-Tank 05-16-2013 11:54 AM

I pretty much agree with the link, I was expecting something similar to a LP, and it wasn't. But I was not disappointed, still enjoyed the smoke. Definitely worth a try.

Blueface 05-16-2013 11:59 AM

Willie Herrera of El Titan de Bronze.
Great guy.

Jefft72 05-16-2013 02:26 PM

Side note:
As I recall he (Willie Herrara) was also the blender responsible for the original Cremo line (out of the Titan de Bronze factory). I really enjoyed the couple of Cremo originals that I tried.

Beagleone 05-16-2013 08:24 PM

I've been waiting for these for quite a while. I secured a few at a pre-release party back in November and they were pretty good then. They definitely have gotten better over time, however short that has been. DE and Willie only opened 50 accounts this year through out the country, which is why they are hard to find. I've liked the toro size best, and continue to buy them at T&C, although the early stick had a slight wrapper problem that has been mostly fixed. As for Willie, I truly like everything he has blended.

cmitch 05-16-2013 08:35 PM

Willie Herrera will be with Jonathan Drew at Hwy 280 Cigars and More in Birmingham on the 20th. Can't wait to meet both of them and try this cigar.