Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   wine chiller advice (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5816)

beamish 12-07-2008 07:06 PM

wine chiller advice

anyone own a single bottle wine chiller? or have any input on these looking for xmas gift...thanx

aldukes 12-07-2008 08:21 PM

Re: wine chiller advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish (Post 106840)
anyone own a single bottle wine chiller? or have any input on these looking for xmas gift...thanx

A nice champagne bucket with ice and water will do the trick too. It will have a bottle of white at proper temp in about 15 min.

MikeyC 12-07-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish (Post 106840)

I have a double bottle chiller made by Waring. I like that it recommends a particular temperature based on the type of wine you're drinking, but it's pretty loud and the fact that it's not cordless is kind of a PITA.

mosesbotbol 12-08-2008 05:20 AM

I use a flexible hot/cold pack and just drape it over the bottle on its side. Cools the bottle down in like 10 minutes or so.

Mark C 12-08-2008 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldukes (Post 106964)
A nice champagne bucket with ice and water will do the trick too. It will have a bottle of white at proper temp in about 15 min.

Tough to beat ice water. Mine's not a champagne bucket, just a simple tall, narrow cylinder with a grape cluster painted on the side, just a little larger than a magnum size bottle. Works like a charm.

mrreindeer 12-08-2008 07:35 AM

We received as a gift a 'Vin-Chilla', picture a bucket with a cord...you place the wine bottle in, fill with cold water & ice cubes & the motor in the base circulates the water around the bottle and in 15 minutes (maybe less), you've got yourself a chilled bottle. Likewise, if you want to warm up a bottle of red that's chilly, you can put warm water in there. I like it and use it quite a bit and the noise is not bad. It's relatively quiet.

What about this thing I saw in a catalog; it's real perty:

http://www.winesceptre.com/en/index.php

"The Winesceptre™ is not only aesthetically beautiful and efficient. It is the new innovative way to enjoy your pre-chilled bottle of wine like a sommelier master. Daily used in the leading restaurants worldwide, the Winesceptre™ has been made available for your private wine events. The Winesceptre™ stands out due to his high quality, excellent workmanship, and easy usage. The Winesceptre™ offers you especially at home when your friends or business partners visit you a lot of advantages. You will not need an ice making machine or the old fashioned ice bucket in order to surprise you guests with a perfect chilled wine. No condensation from ice buckets, no more peeling off wine labels. Especially in the warm summer months the Winesceptre™ is excellently be useful.
Are you looking for a perfect gift? Surprise you partner, friends, or even your business partner for special occasions such as birthday, anniversaries with this remarkable gift: The Winesceptre™ is your favourite choice."

romwarrior 12-09-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreindeer (Post 107357)
We received as a gift a 'Vin-Chilla', picture a bucket with a cord...you place the wine bottle in, fill with cold water & ice cubes & the motor in the base circulates the water around the bottle and in 15 minutes (maybe less), you've got yourself a chilled bottle. Likewise, if you want to warm up a bottle of red that's chilly, you can put warm water in there. I like it and use it quite a bit and the noise is not bad. It's relatively quiet.

What does the circulation do?? I can put wine in regular bucket filled with water and ice and get the same results. :confused::confused: