Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   It gets better (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76896)

bruceolee 01-13-2022 07:17 PM

It gets better

I just spent the last 2 days really struggling with a lot. I was having a hard time dealing with simple things like forcing myself to eat meals as a diabetic or taking the 26 plus pills a day i take. Cigars were a nice escape from it all but it doesn't fix those things. I'm back to feeling better and enjoying life again and i think we all have our valleys and peaks in life. I do understand that others don't turn around so quickly like i have but i want you to know you're not alone when you feel down. Without my Faith I'd be lost and i think some of you feel that way. My Faith and belief that God has a plan and to put my trust in Him helps me tremendously. We all come to it when God calls us so everyone is different. I just don't want any of you to feel alone with the struggle. Call it depression or whatever you want but if any of you ever needs help or to speak to someone them please PM me. I can't fix anything i can promise you that but i'm happy to listen. God bless you brothers! Sorry for the rambling post.

icehog3 01-14-2022 08:55 AM

Re: It gets better

In the words of Robert Plant, "Ramble On". You always have an ear (or 50) here Jason.

Brian D. 01-14-2022 09:01 AM

Up here in the north more people get feeling down during the winter. It sure isn't my favorite time of year. But you know what bugs me? The fact that psychiatrists/psychologists just HAD to come up with a corny term like "seasonal affective disorder" or "SAD" for short as the name.

Guess I don't like the cutesy aspect, it's almost like they were trivializing the problem.

icehog3 01-14-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2228374)
Up here in the north more people get feeling down during the winter. It sure isn't my favorite time of year. But you know what bugs me? The fact that psychiatrists/psychologists just HAD to come up with a corny term like "seasonal affective disorder" or "SAD" for short as the name.

Guess I don't like the cutesy aspect, it's almost like they were trivializing the problem.

It's enough to give me "manly affective disorder".

markem 01-14-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

It's a form of depression, so it kinda makes sense. Back in the 80s, several insurance companies were sued by Oregon and Washington when they tried to stop covering SAD treatments, claiming that there were too many cases here. Once the news outlets got into the game, the policy was reversed pretty quickly.

I have a light box and, on days that it is sunny, have a cigar in the garage with the door open as it faces south.

But I'm still a grumpy ashhat

Dave128 01-14-2022 09:47 AM

You're an inspiration, Jason.

bruceolee 01-14-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave128 (Post 2228388)
You're an inspiration, Jason.

Dave, with what you've been dealing with i could say the same for you. Let's just say we inspire each other. God bless you brother!

gravel 01-14-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

When I lived in Illinois, a Chicago radio personality called it “gun in the mouth gray”. I prefer seasonal affective disorder. ;-)

gravel 01-14-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 2228380)
It's a form of depression, so it kinda makes sense. Back in the 80s, several insurance companies were sued by Oregon and Washington when they tried to stop covering SAD treatments, claiming that there were too many cases here. Once the news outlets got into the game, the policy was reversed pretty quickly.

I have a light box and, on days that it is sunny, have a cigar in the garage with the door open as it faces south.

But I'm still a grumpy ashhat

Alternately we celebrate “go nuts it’s summer” where we pretty much play most of the summer.

Brian D. 01-14-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravel (Post 2228410)
When I lived in Illinois, a Chicago radio personality called it “gun in the mouth gray”. I prefer seasonal affective disorder. ;-)

Yikes!

icehog3 01-14-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravel (Post 2228410)

Do you remember who it was, Geoff?