Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   San Diego Chargers Thread (shortest thread on CA) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34885)

Virginia_Ghost 08-05-2010 10:22 AM

San Diego Chargers Thread (shortest thread on CA)

I am thinking I am about it as far as Chargers fans go, but...here goes:

GO BOLTS!

pnoon 08-05-2010 10:36 AM

Re: San Diego Chargers Thread (shortest thread on CA)

You couldn't be more wrong.
Not only are most of the S.H.I.T. herfers Charger fans but another member of the TOE (zemekone) is one as well.

Always glad to find another Chargers fan. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Virginia_Ghost 08-05-2010 10:45 AM

Woot! have a good thursday herf then, I'll be doing the same with the VCM.

kelmac07 08-05-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia_Ghost (Post 942270)
I am thinking I am about it as far as Chargers fans go, but...here goes:

GO BOLTS!

Gathering my intel!! :D

Virginia_Ghost 08-05-2010 11:59 AM

it was interesting to see an entire thread devoted to you today, it's up to three pages already. :D

Virginia_Ghost 08-16-2010 05:52 AM

Well, this thread is staying pretty short, as predicted. :)

bigliver 08-16-2010 06:02 AM

Count me in! I lived for four years in Monterey. F the Niners and the knife fighting Raider Nation. I'm with you 200%!

Virginia_Ghost 08-16-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigliver (Post 954674)
Count me in! I lived for four years in Monterey. F the Niners and the knife fighting Raider Nation. I'm with you 200%!

Yeah... The Niners have never been a factor for me...wait...there was that one superbowl... :(

As far as the Raiders...pfft. Had some Raiders fans attack me in 1980, at Jack Murphy Stadium, as the Chargers were beating them on the field...Tried to throw me down some stairs. I dragged one of the dudes with me...he left the stadium in an ambulance...two more via cop car- and we won that day. Ah....memories. Season ticket holders from 1970-18985, when I joined the Army.

bigliver 08-16-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia_Ghost (Post 954693)
Yeah... The Niners have never been a factor for me...wait...there was that one superbowl... :(

As far as the Raiders...pfft. Had some Raiders fans attack me in 1980, at Jack Murphy Stadium, as the Chargers were beating them on the field...Tried to throw me down some stairs. I dragged one of the dudes with me...he left the stadium in an ambulance...two more via cop car- and we won that day. Ah....memories. Season ticket holders from 1970-18985, when I joined the Army.

Word!

The Poet 08-16-2010 01:39 PM

Seems to me, from a continent away, that San Diego sports fans are trying their best (or worst) to become the new LA, by which I mean that THEY don't even care enough about their teams to support them. :D

Virginia_Ghost 08-16-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 955252)
Seems to me, from a continent away, that San Diego sports fans are trying their best (or worst) to become the new LA, by which I mean that THEY don't even care enough about their teams to support them. :D

At least all the Football teams based in CA actually admit to playing in CA. Not so with the New Jersey Jets and The East Rutherford Giants. :D

galaga 08-16-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia_Ghost (Post 955368)
At least all the Football teams based in CA actually admit to playing in CA. Not so with the New Jersey Jets and The East Rutherford Giants. :D

:r :tu

The Poet 08-16-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia_Ghost (Post 955368)

Well, both teams started out playing their games in New York. Plus, when they DID move, they didn't go quite as far away as did the Rams. :r

BeerAdvocate 08-16-2010 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im a huge Darren Sproles fan, and I drafted Phillip Rivers & Malcolm Floyd in my Fantasy Draft!

bigliver 08-23-2010 05:43 AM

That's it?

bigdix 08-23-2010 06:56 AM

Are you guys talking about football? :D

Virginia_Ghost 09-06-2010 08:23 PM

OK...the Pre season is over. Now, let's get real. :)

pnoon 09-06-2010 10:56 PM

I think the Chargers did well with the acquisition of Crayton.

Virginia_Ghost 09-07-2010 12:54 PM

I think Smith is looking at the FAs that have been released, I think they'll do well to go deeper at Left Tackle, and hey, I wish they had signed Houshmandzadeh, maybe even at the cost of trimming some of the fat at CB.. (I mean who needs 6 Cornerbacks?), it would have shown that they are all in. Picking up a 3rd quarterback who actually has some years on him, while sending the rookie down to the practice squad was a good move. Crayton will come over from Dallas with some good experience behind him, but I'd still like to see them pick up some good running back or tight end talent that can fight off tackles better than speedy little Sproles, and fade some of the heat Gates gets in the pattern. Guards are looking pretty thin, too. If Dielman and Vasquez go down, who picks up their slack?

Virginia_Ghost 09-13-2010 11:00 AM

Just a few more hours!!! Woot!