Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What beers are you enjoying? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=309)

Genetic Defect 12-28-2008 01:42 PM

Re: What beers are you enjoying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcigarz (Post 138620)
I guess you keep the rolling rock for guests? :rolleyes:

:r

MikeyC 12-28-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemate (Post 138355)
I'm snobby when it comes to beer. I mostly make my own.

Quote:

:tpd:

For a self-proclamed "beer snob" you sure do have a lot of Rolling Rock. :pu

VirtualSmitty 12-28-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

:r:r:r

Jakemate 12-29-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

I'm not going to boil brats in homebrew, that would be silly. :hm

:rolleyes:

VirtualSmitty 12-30-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemate (Post 139548)
I'm not going to boil brats in homebrew, that would be silly. :hm

:rolleyes:

Nice save :r

Had a glass of orval last night. Good stuff :)

taltos 01-05-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleF (Post 116479)
Genny Cream Ale? How do you know about this gem? Been years since I've had one.......

We used to drink this in the early '70's when we were broke graduate students ( are there any other kind of grad students?). Might have to pick up some next time that I am at Kappys.

taltos 01-05-2009 07:53 AM

In general I am not a beer snob, I normally drink Bud and Milwaulkee's Best Ice when I am just drinking beer and not thinking about it, kind of like smoking a Rocky Patel when my mind is elsewhere. However, I do keep Newcastle and either Harpoon or Sam IPA for when I want to enjoy a beer as much as I enjoy a nice wine or bourbon. Generally being of Irish heritage there is some Guiness in the basement refrigerator also. This morning one of my neighbors that I cleared his driveway and walks in the past two snow storms and will take care of for the rest of the winter dropped 2 cases of Stella Artois on me this morning. I love this stuff and buy it when I want something different with class. Having a mug now with my steel cut oatmeal. Quite a bit more kick than American lagers.

alfbacca 01-05-2009 08:22 AM

Tried some Full Moon beer the other night at a buddy's house. It's the seasonal version of Blue Moon and it's pretty good. Going to have to track some down before it's all gone.

VirtualSmitty 01-05-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 150228)
We used to drink this in the early '70's when we were broke graduate students ( are there any other kind of grad students?). Might have to pick up some next time that I am at Kappys.

Genny Cream Ale is Adams favorite beer! :r

Picked up some Brooklyn lager night. Not bad.

taltos 01-06-2009 05:53 AM

Adam would freak if a friend from one town over were to leave a supply on his steps.:)

Drat 01-06-2009 07:24 AM

A co-worker/employee just got back from Amsterdam (with a 1-day stop in Belgium) with a six-pack for me:

1 Westvleteren 12
2 Rochefort 10
1 Pannepot Old Fisherman's Ale
2 Gouden Carolus

Time to plan out the 6 special occasions to drink these!

MikeyC 01-06-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 150245)
In general I am not a beer snob, I normally drink Bud and Milwaulkee's Best Ice when I am just drinking beer and not thinking about it, kind of like smoking a Rocky Patel when my mind is elsewhere. However, I do keep Newcastle and either Harpoon or Sam IPA for when I want to enjoy a beer as much as I enjoy a nice wine or bourbon. Generally being of Irish heritage there is some Guiness in the basement refrigerator also. This morning one of my neighbors that I cleared his driveway and walks in the past two snow storms and will take care of for the rest of the winter dropped 2 cases of Stella Artois on me this morning. I love this stuff and buy it when I want something different with class. Having a mug now with my steel cut oatmeal. Quite a bit more kick than American lagers.

Sam IPA? They haven't made that in a while. Do you mean the Sam Imperial Pilsner? It's kind of like an IPA.

taltos 01-06-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyC (Post 152525)
Sam IPA? They haven't made that in a while. Do you mean the Sam Imperial Pilsner? It's kind of like an IPA.

I have about 3 bottles that I snagged from an old case that my BIL had. Wish that it was still made, did not like having to switch to Harpoon.

Heatmiser 01-06-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drat (Post 152523)
A co-worker/employee just got back from Amsterdam (with a 1-day stop in Belgium) with a six-pack for me:

1 Westvleteren 12
2 Rochefort 10
1 Pannepot Old Fisherman's Ale
2 Gouden Carolus

Time to plan out the 6 special occasions to drink these!

Whoa! Nice score on the Westvleteren! I have never had it but the reputation and mystique are out of this world. I just had the Gouden Carolus on tap last night. It was very good. Let us know what you think of the Westvleteren...

Drat 01-06-2009 12:33 PM

I was out sick from work yesterday when my employee returned with the goodie bag. He sent an email saying he left some beer on my desk. I'm so happy you cannot believe.

I'll probably cellar it until this summer and crack it open the night we finally move into our own house. I'm a very patient person...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatmiser (Post 152981)
Whoa! Nice score on the Westvleteren! I have never had it but the reputation and mystique are out of this world. I just had the Gouden Carolus on tap last night. It was very good. Let us know what you think of the Westvleteren...

Heatmiser 01-06-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drat (Post 153091)
I was out sick from work yesterday when my employee returned with the goodie bag. He sent an email saying he left some beer on my desk. I'm so happy you cannot believe.

I'll probably cellar it until this summer and crack it open the night we finally move into our own house. I'm a very patient person...

Enjoy my friend!!! :al

Skywalker 01-06-2009 09:40 PM

I stopped by Sierra Nevada yesterday and found this years release of their Early Spring Beer (ESB)!!! I'm in heaven!!!:dr

groogs 01-07-2009 12:40 AM

Tonight I am enjoying some Alaskan Amber Ale.

kaisersozei 01-07-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 154242)
I stopped by Sierra Nevada yesterday and found this years release of their Early Spring Beer (ESB)!!! I'm in heaven!!!:dr

:c

Oh, I mean:

:chr

Maybe this means they'll be shipping it out east, soon!

gvarsity 01-07-2009 12:15 PM

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Bell's Special Double Cream Stout