Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Davidoff Royal Salomones (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71780)

IlmProcess 07-07-2016 01:23 PM

Davidoff Royal Salomones

Hey fellas,

Anyone have experience with this cigar? I did a bit of searching online and didnt find many reviews.

Ive had this in my humidor for about a year. A friend gifted it to me and I didnt know what it was until I did a bit of digging... Last night.. I had no idea this is such an expensive cigar.

I dont drink alcohol, but Im a coffee and tea drinker. Can anyone who has smoked one of these suggest a drink pairing - a dark roast french press, something lighter? I want o have a good pairing with it and get it right to enjoy the experience.

Also, anyone know if these get better with age or am I risking it going flat if I sit on it longer?

T

Doctorossi 07-07-2016 01:46 PM

Re: Davidoff Royal Salomones

I haven't tried that particular stick but with Davidoff in general, I would advise against pairing with a strongly flavored beverage. A lot of the flavors in the Davidoff range are on the subtler side and can be easily overwhelmed by other flavors.

sigsauer 07-07-2016 02:28 PM

just burn it!

IlmProcess 07-07-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctorossi (Post 2094012)
I haven't tried that particular stick but with Davidoff in general, I would advise against pairing with a strongly flavored beverage. A lot of the flavors in the Davidoff range are on the subtler side and can be easily overwhelmed by other flavors.

Thank you, this is very useful :) I don't have any experience with Davidoff, thank you for the tip

And Sigsauer, don't worry, it'll get the flame at the appropriate time -(P

mosesbotbol 07-08-2016 06:57 AM

I wouldn't worry about pairing this or any cigar to a particular beverage. Just smoke it and drink carbonated water...

4WheelVFR 07-08-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 2094085)
I wouldn't worry about pairing this or any cigar to a particular beverage. Just smoke it and drink carbonated water...

I'll second this statement. I've gone to drinking almost exclusively water or carbonated water with my cigars. There's nothing wrong with a good pairing of course, and to each his own, but I find it helps me get the most out of whatever I'm smoking.

Doctorossi 07-08-2016 07:50 AM

I really like drinking coconut water with most cigars. It's refreshing and tropically "on-theme", but mild enough to not color the cigar's flavors.

IlmProcess 07-09-2016 09:31 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions

The Poet 07-09-2016 09:52 PM

Trent, if you Search Titles Only for "drink" and "beverage" you will find a number of threads that address this question . . . in general, anyway, if not for that specific cigar.

IlmProcess 07-10-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2094269)
Trent, if you Search Titles Only for "drink" and "beverage" you will find a number of threads that address this question . . . in general, anyway, if not for that specific cigar.

Thank you sir. I was looking specifically for this cigar because it will be the most expensive cigar Ive ever smoked and I dont want to ruin it with a drink thst doesnt match its flavour profile.