Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Liga Privada #9 vs Genesis The Project (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65559)

Outlaw God 02-18-2014 12:10 PM

Liga Privada #9 vs Genesis The Project

After going thru and box of each I have to say the Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso wins hands down for flavor and cost.
Yea yea I'll catch hell from the Liga fans but dam the Genesis The Project just dose it for me in so many ways and wins every time.

If you haven't had the Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso or even the Liga Privada #9, give them a spin and see if you agree and enjoy :tu

It's even interesting how the bands have some similarity also ;)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8424

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8425
-------------------
Liga Privada #9
Price $9.45.- $19.
Strength: Full
6 x 52
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Wrapper Leaf Type: Broadleaf
Resting time: 5 months
Storage 67 degrees 67 humidity

Prelight: Subtle sweet smell with a hint of grass and apple

1st 1/3
Dark chocolate, black coffee, molasses, leather, cacao powder, spices and a nice creamy texture
Great draw and straight burn line and smoking medium in strength.

2nd 1/3
It now finishes with a bit of pepper and earth on the finish, continuing with the dark chocolate and coffee and staying very smooth.

Final 1/3
The leather and earth increase and the burn is staying very straight, never really was a full strength cigar to me
There's a lot of hype about this cigar and consumers have high anticipation and willingness to get one to try.

The cigar is constructed very well but there are so many better cigars out there for so much less out of you pocket.

Not to say that the cigar isn’t good, it’s just way over price along with the value, flavor ratio.

Smoke time: 1hr 35min
Score: 7.9 out of 10
------------------------------
Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso
$3. - $5.20
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro

Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly built cigar with some weight to it.

1st 1/3
Creamy coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice, medium body.
Draw a little tight, nice start though.

2nd 1/3
Perfect straight burn line, creamy sweet now, followed by the coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice and sweet, the flavors work together completely for this cigar very well.

Draw has opened up now.....
This is turning out to be a surprising stick and even right off the UPS truck, time in the humidor is going to be a treat.

Final 1/3
Love the light black licorice and sweetness here, all of the above notes still with the symphony in 7 part harmony, getting a Vitamin N buzz now.

The addition of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper is key here I think, my favorite wrapper for sure.

Smoke time: 1hr 20 min
Score: 9.5 out of 10 (not a 10 because I wanted it to go on)

equetefue 02-18-2014 12:27 PM

Re: Liga Privada #9 vs Genesis The Project

B l a s p h e m y !!!

:r

CoffeeWaterBeer 02-18-2014 12:53 PM

Nice written review Daniel. I enjoy Ligas but I'm with you as far as cost/enjoyment goes. Mr Bueso makes a wonderful stick.

big_jaygee 02-18-2014 12:57 PM

As somebody who has never had a No. 9 I can't compare the two, but I will say the Genesis is a great stick. Nice review Daniel :tu

Outlaw God 02-18-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer (Post 1935903)
Nice written review Daniel. I enjoy Ligas but I'm with you as far as cost/enjoyment goes. Mr Bueso makes a wonderful stick.

Thanks brother for the support and not feeling alone, if you stick a #9 in my face I wouldn't turn it down but love the Genesis as a everyday :dr

jsnake 02-18-2014 02:16 PM

Great review and info. A buddy sent me two of those and two of his other cigars. Not sure which one because I have never heard of Bueso until recently. Now I can't wait to fire one up. He told me he really likes those cigars but your review filled in the blanks for me. Thanks!

Porch Dweller 02-18-2014 03:21 PM

I'm with you, O.G. I can get three GTPs for the price of one #9 and I enjoy them more. That's just hard to beat.

alfredo_buscatti 02-18-2014 04:16 PM

I've not smoked either. Thank you for writing about the Bueso.

bighairlogo 02-18-2014 04:47 PM

I personally don't think they taste very similar to each other, but I like them both.
But on the note of similar bands
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...psf781f916.jpg
Thanks for the review

kelmac07 02-18-2014 05:37 PM

Respectfully have to disagree with you on this one Dan. IMHO the No. 9 is, by far, a superior stick to the Genesis The Project. :2

Outlaw God 02-18-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1935994)
Respectfully have to disagree with you on this one Dan. IMHO the No. 9 is, by far, a superior stick to the Genesis The Project. :2

Thanks Mac you know your stuff but when short on cash the Genesis dose make me smile :D

kelmac07 02-18-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw God (Post 1935997)
Thanks Mac you know your stuff but when short on cash the Genesis dose make me smile :D

Oh I gotcha...by no means is the Genesis The Project a bad stick. An AWESOME value for the money. But if you put one of each in front of me, I'm smoking the No. 9 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. :D

thecatch83 02-18-2014 06:07 PM

The balance and complexity of the 9 is on a different level, but it is hard to deny the QPR factor of the Genesis!

maninblack 02-18-2014 06:18 PM

I'm a Liga whore but love me some Buesos. Great smoke for my money.

Oshay 09-24-2014 06:14 PM

:tu
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1935999)
Oh I gotcha...by no means is the Genesis The Project a bad stick. An AWESOME value for the money. But if you put one of each in front of me, I'm smoking the No. 9 every day of the week and twice on Sundays. :D

Outlaw God 09-24-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oshay (Post 1988575)
:tu

But pay for it yourself everyday and you'll pick the Genesis The Project every time and have a fatter wallet :tu

TJtorpedo 09-24-2014 07:00 PM

I do enjoy the #9 as an occasional indulgence, but can't be a GTP as a $3 cigar. And if you can manage to rest them for at least a few months, they get oh so much better.

Outlaw God 09-24-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJtorpedo (Post 1988586)
I do enjoy the #9 as an occasional indulgence, but can't be a GTP as a $3 cigar. And if you can manage to rest them for at least a few months, they get oh so much better.

$3 for the Muy Bueso, I'll take a box

MarkinAZ 09-25-2014 10:23 PM

Nice review from earlier in the year Daniel:tu

Outlaw God 09-26-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 1988851)
Nice review from earlier in the year Daniel:tu

That's kind of you brother, have a great weekend