Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Xikar Triple Jet Table Top Lighter - Havana Collection Review (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70777)

Sooner 12-13-2015 09:12 PM

Xikar Triple Jet Table Top Lighter - Havana Collection Review

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psdcnykxwz.jpg

The construction on this lighter is very solid, there are no sharp edges. It feels sturdy and extremely comfortable in the hand. The metal has such a polish to it you could call it a mirror! This lighter is very well made and with the minimal amount of maintenance, should last a good long while.

I set the flame adjustment to medium height and started lighting it. A full tank of fuel lasted just over 16.5 minutes. That is a very nice sized tank. You could light a lot of cigars before having to refuel. To test the construction a bit further I let the lighter burn for 3-4 minutes at a time. The top of the lighter was hot to the touch, as would be expected, however, the triggers and rest of the lighter body stayed cool. After I let the flame go out, I tried relighting it, and it lit without any problems!

The triple jet torch holds up very well against the wind. Even with some good gusts the lighter never went out. A nice thing about the triple jets is that even with a strong wind the flames still support each other enough to continue lighting a cigar.

The Havana Collection artwork that is on the lighter is beautiful and is solidly attached. It is soft to the touch and well placed. There is artwork on both sides of the lighter, so you get to enjoy it no matter how you set it down.

The size of the lighter is comfortable for both small and large hands. The double side triggers are awesome! They make this a breeze to light. They are interlocking, so you cannot press one in without the other. Both triggers must be pressed in order for butane to begin flowing and the striker activate. This is a nice safety feature.

The flame adjustment knob on the body is a fantastic size. It is large, easy to adjust and no extra tools are needed to adjust the flame height. The knob is just slightly smaller than the edge of the lighter so the chance of the flame adjustment getting changed inside your pocket is pretty slim. This is probably my favorite feature of the lighter.

The weight of the Xikar Triple Jet feels very nice in the hand, but it is a table top lighter for a reason. You probably don't want to carry it around all day in your pocket, though if you had to, the design would allow it. Whether you have large hands or small, this can be easily and comfortably used.

These can be purchased from Xikar for about $100 to $150 depending on which art design you go with.

Overall you get:
Very Strong, Beautiful Construction
Reliably Lights Every Time
Extreme Ease to Adjust the Flame
Fits into a Pocket easily
Xikar's Amazing Lifetime Warranty

https://youtu.be/1pS38d-UqgE

shilala 12-14-2015 10:07 AM

Re: Xikar Triple Jet Table Top Lighter - Havana Collection Review

Sweet Jesus, that's ugly. But that's just me. :D
Thanks for the review, I love Xikar's lighters!!! :tu

Ogre 12-14-2015 02:56 PM

I have the soft flame personal lighter. I love the quality and warranty of the Xikar.

mahtofire14 12-14-2015 04:43 PM

The local B&M I used to frequent had a couple of these on their tables. I liked them a lot for charring. However with almost every one of them, Had ignition issues after some time. I don't know if it was the electric ignition or something with the dual sided buttons, but the butane would come out but it wouldn't light. Cool product though. Hope they just got a bad batch.

Sooner 12-14-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtofire14 (Post 2066093)
The local B&M I used to frequent had a couple of these on their tables. I liked them a lot for charring. However with almost every one of them, Had ignition issues after some time. I don't know if it was the electric ignition or something with the dual sided buttons, but the butane would come out but it wouldn't light. Cool product though. Hope they just got a bad batch.

It is also possible that the didn't clean the burners regularly, or purge the lighter between refills. Ihave had several a lighter start acting up just for me to clean the burners and it be good as new. Also with Xikar's warranty they should be able to send them in and get thme fixed or replaced if it was a bad batch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2066039)

You bet man! Out of all their designs I probably like the HC the least as well. But it is what I had for review! Now their Liga Privada series...those are just plain sexy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 2066068)
I have the soft flame personal lighter. I love the quality and warranty of the Xikar.

They make some darn good lighters and cutters!

badbriar 12-14-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2066039)

I have no sense of style or taste... Was thinking how neat this lighter looked!
:lv

AdamJoshua 12-14-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2066111)
I have no sense of style or taste... Was thinking how neat this lighter looked!
:lv

I was going to say don't worry about it, that's just Scott's pills talking, then the image loaded and... yah I have to go with it's hideous ;s

:lr