Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   COFFEE: What are you drinking? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26974)

MrJerry 01-30-2015 10:17 AM

Re: COFFEE: What are you drinking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by emopunker2004 (Post 2010638)
My hand burr grinder came in so I brought it, my aero press and Tanzanian Peaberry from Killer Beans to work with me tonight. So far I'm really loving this stuff.

I'm really glad to hear that the Killer Beans are working for you!

MarkinAZ 01-30-2015 10:32 AM

Trader Joe's House Blend this morning...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJerry (Post 2015172)
I'm really glad to hear that the Killer Beans are working for you!

Nice selection of roasted coffee's on your web page Jerry:tu

http://killerbeans.com/site/home.html

afranco 01-30-2015 11:00 AM

San antonio blend. Bought it at HEB really good

longknocker 01-30-2015 12:50 PM

My Favorite Starbuck's Blend, "Guatemalan Casi Cielo"!:dr:tu

http://store.starbucks.com/guatemala...efault,pd.html

tsolomon 01-30-2015 12:58 PM

Some Guatemala I roasted last weekend, very nice flavor.

jrw 01-30-2015 05:54 PM

Moka Sanani from Peet's.

Chainsaw13 01-30-2015 06:01 PM

DD decaf. Needed a hot drink for the smoke in the garage. Plus no more caffeine today.

RWhisenand 01-31-2015 09:06 AM

Palo Alto we brought back from Panama last week. Really good, light and nutty, no bitterness.

Flynnster 02-19-2015 06:46 PM

So after a few years of no coffee at all due to not wanting caffeine I had a wicked craving today. Stopped by my local roaster across the street and got a half pound of Swiss Water Process Decaf Viennese Roast.

Sweet lord have I missed this. Made a french press worth and am enjoying it as I speak. Sooooo good.

Bluetick 02-20-2015 10:24 AM

PoBoy Crack Coffee, 2 scoops Folgers black silk with 1 scoop Gevalia french roast. Something about this combo keeps people stopping in for another cup.

RJrocker 09-02-2015 07:03 AM

Eight O'clock Central Highlands, very very good.

dijit 09-02-2015 07:16 AM

Good ole ultra strong truckers coffee. Generic name brand but strongest I have ever had.

RJrocker 09-03-2015 01:06 PM

Costco Medium Roast, meh

RJrocker 09-10-2015 02:42 PM

Today was some medium roast Community Coffee. Wasn't made proper. It was watered down IMO.

RJrocker 09-18-2015 12:22 PM

Had some Guatemalan coffee this morning at the office. Very tasty stuff. I think I'm hooked.

RJrocker 09-23-2015 07:55 AM

Having some Sumatra coffee today. Not as strong as I hoped. Next up is some Costa Rice coffee. Anyone have thoughts on that coffee?

MarkinAZ 09-23-2015 01:29 PM

This morning, I was hanging out with a couple of cups of Cafe Bustelo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJrocker (Post 2054714)
Having some Sumatra coffee today. Not as strong as I hoped. Next up is some Costa Rice coffee. Anyone have thoughts on that coffee?

Hello Rich,

Costa Rican coffee is spot-on! A good majority of beans I've had from that Country was good stuff. I still have some Costa Rica Peaberry green beans awaiting to be roasted.

In the early 90's, my wife and I visited the Country for 3 weeks (my in-laws were retired at the time on the West coast in a town named Samra). Prior to leaving Costa Rica, I had the opportunity to visit and tour Cafe Brit. CB sits on the slopes of 5 volcano's and some pretty fertile soil. Enjoyed seeing the fields, processing process, roasting of the green beans, how they taste, and of course, drinking of the final product.

There are other growers (co-ops, etc) in Costa Rica that produce coffee beans, and there is some good stuff that originates from that Country.

Enjoy!

RJrocker 09-23-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 2054796)
This morning, I was hanging out with a couple of cups of Cafe Bustelo...

Hello Rich,

Costa Rican coffee is spot-on! A good majority of beans I've had from that Country was good stuff. I still have some Costa Rica Peaberry green beans awaiting to be roasted.

In the early 90's, my wife and I visited the Country for 3 weeks (my in-laws were retired at the time on the West coast in a town named Samra). Prior to leaving Costa Rica, I had the opportunity to visit and tour Cafe Brit. CB sits on the slopes of 5 volcano's and some pretty fertile soil. Enjoyed seeing the fields, processing process, roasting of the green beans, how they taste, and of course, drinking of the final product.

There are other growers (co-ops, etc) in Costa Rica that produce coffee beans, and there is some good stuff that originates from that Country.

Enjoy!

That is what these are. Thank for you for the information. I look forward to my next cup of joe for sure!

RJrocker 09-24-2015 08:47 AM

Ground up the Costa Rican this morning. WOWZERS, that was a great cup of coffee. Wish this stuff wasn't so pricey though. I guess you get what you pay for, right?

MarkinAZ 09-24-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJrocker (Post 2054856)
Ground up the Costa Rican this morning. WOWZERS, that was a great cup of coffee. Wish this stuff wasn't so pricey though. I guess you get what you pay for, right?

Where did you purchase your roasted CR peaberry's from Rich?