Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   COFFEE: What are you drinking? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26974)

MarkinAZ 03-18-2012 10:47 AM

Re: COFFEE: What are you drinking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSB (Post 1593665)
Pressed a pot of Monkey mix before church. Join me online, if you like, awesome services at 9 & 11am mountain time: http://www.newlifechurch.org/nlclive.jsp

Caught about the last 12 minutes of the 9AM service Bob. Between Monkey mix and the Pastor, you should've had no problem staying awake:D Good service and thanks for the invite...

And, drinking some Kona Peaberry from the Honolulu Coffee Co received in the CC/MAW from Jay (jdakine). Nice cup of coffee:tu It definitely has a different personality between the Melita single cup and the Bodum French Press...

BSB 03-18-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 1593721)
Caught about the last 12 minutes of the 9AM service Bob. Between Monkey mix and the Pastor, you should've had no problem staying awake:D Good service and thanks for the invite...

And, drinking some Kona Peaberry from the Honolulu Coffee Co received in the CC/MAW from Jay (jdakine). Nice cup of coffee:tu It definitely has a different personality between the Melita single cup and the Bodum French Press...

Hey Mark, glad you could check it out, not our regular Pastor. Try next week for the worship, first 40 mins. We have an incredible worship team, with Jon Eagan (Desperation Band) and Jared Anderson as 2 of our leaders.
What? Coffee? Oh yeah, right :D
Colombia Gutierrez microlot :cf1 Roasted 2 days ago to city+, FC+ (1/2 & 1/2), drip, Silk. Pretty good, plenty bright, think it will be better tomorrow. No maple to speak of.

BSB 03-19-2012 07:00 PM

Colombia was WAY better today, with hints of Maple

BSB 03-20-2012 03:20 PM

Last of the Colombia, pretty good. I think I'll go for an all darker roast next time. Something different tomorrow.

Chainsaw13 03-21-2012 06:08 AM

Last night I made a cappucino from the Monkey Blend I roasted on Saturday. Wow! That was excellent. Going to have to roast some more tonight so I can have some for the weekend.

Drinking the Brazilian No-Name-O right now. As it cools it gets better and better. Less of the roasty flavor, now some bittersweet chocolate coming through.

BSB 03-21-2012 05:01 PM

Panama Elida Natural - Elida Reserve :cf1 Roasted 2 days ago to half city+, half FC+, drip, Silk. RUM! The beautiful flavor of light rum. I love this coffee, wish I woulda bought more. Only enough left for 1 more batch.

mariogolbee 03-21-2012 05:16 PM

Last night I went to town on some of CoreyD's Maui Moka, but today I'm just drinking Kirkland Signature (Costco) Columbian Supremo. For a mainstream retail coffee this stuff is surprisingly good.

BSB 03-25-2012 07:34 AM

French pressed some monkey mix before heading out to 9AM service. Please join me online, it is an awesome service at 9 and 11AM mountain time. http://www.newlifechurch.org/nlclive.jsp

Boerne One 03-25-2012 07:23 PM

Starbuck's blond veranda,french press................

Chainsaw13 03-27-2012 07:36 AM

Guatemalia Acatanengo - FC, 36 hours rest. Very decent cup of coffee. Again the flavors become more to my liking as the cup cools. I'll have to see with a little bit more rest on it.

One question and I think I know the answer. What makes a cup of coffee have a "chalky" mouthfeel? Is it just the newness of the roast? I got that from this cup and happened to be on SM's site last night and saw that referred to for a different bean. Figured it would appy here.

thebayratt 04-01-2012 07:16 PM

Just finished up a Thermos full of Community Lousiana Blend French Press.

Mr B 04-02-2012 10:30 AM

El Salvador Tablon La Montana. at Full City
Great cup, even with a week on it. The 3-4 people I have given it to loved it also.

Blak Smyth 04-02-2012 11:03 AM

Guatamala Antigua

BSB 04-03-2012 07:40 AM

Ethiopia Illubabor Hana Bosoke I sh*t you NOT! :cf1 Roasted 60 hours ago to FC+, drip, splash. Very nice, not complex, plenty of cocoa and some mild fruit (which SM decribes as baked peaches). I think a shade lighter next time. Supposed to be a good SO espresso, I'll send a pound to my Brother, too.

Mr B 04-03-2012 10:23 AM

Guatamala Bourbon Finca San Diego Buena Vista at FC+.
Nice notes of Caramel and Vanilla w/ a very mild baking spice.

BSB 04-04-2012 08:21 AM

New coffee! Brazil Fazenda Santa Mariana :cf1 Roasted 2 days ago to just FC, drip, Silk. Sweet and complex with surprising brightness, nice cup! From SM.

Blak Smyth 04-04-2012 08:27 AM

Costa Rica Finca San Fransisco with 3 used the FP like always.

(Slightly blended with Guatamala Antigua)

Can't wait to try the CRFSF tomorrow by itself.

shilala 04-04-2012 09:10 AM

I'm drinking the stuff that Weeze makes that gives me heartburn. The same stuff I drink every day. I really have to fix this. We need two coffee pots, or a his and hers.

Chainsaw13 04-05-2012 06:07 AM

Enjoying some Sumatra Lintong Tano Batak I roasted two days ago. Very unique coffee, nothing like anything I've tried before. SM's was right on their tasting notes, spicy, malty, syrupy.

Blak Smyth 04-05-2012 06:12 AM

Costa Rica Finca San Fransisco with 4

Mild florals, pretty damn tasty!