Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Anyone have the Palm Pre/Sprint? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21098)

bigloo 09-07-2009 09:18 PM

Anyone have the Palm Pre/Sprint?

I currently have AT&T and cannot stand the dropped calls anymore. Additionally, I am generally anti-apple. So the idea of going to Sprint for the palm-pre is nice. Anyone use this his phone and or Sprint? Good, bad?

Ranger_B 09-07-2009 10:43 PM

Re: Anyone have the Palm Pre/Sprint?

I use sprint and have been looking into the Pre. I have had sprint for 10 or so years now and am still happy with them. I say that now that I have the everything plan. Before that my rates would go all over the place as my min change quite a bit from month to month. If you do a lot of international travel sprint may not be for you. Hope this helps if you have any specific questions shoot me a pm.

DBall 09-07-2009 10:47 PM

I do... it's one of the coolest things I own, and the sprint plans are cheaper than anyone. For about $125 after taxes and insurance on both phones my wife and I get 1500 minutes to split, free nights/weekends, unlimited data and unlimited texts.

Also, I made some sweet cigar-related Pre wallpapers. :D

This phone is the shizz...

Pilon 09-07-2009 10:51 PM

I have a co-worker that had a Pre. She always complained of the phone getting extremely hot and the battery life being extremely poor. I told her it was a defective battery and shortly after there was a big recall on her particular model I guess. She traded it in for a Crackberry.

mi2az 09-07-2009 11:08 PM

I have several co-workers that gave up their iphone for the pre, and so far they love it. I am waiting for verizon to get the pre, should be in January and I will trade up for it.

bigloo 09-07-2009 11:39 PM

Verizon is great in my area, I need to find a local person who can vouvh for sprint because Verizon is so much more expensive then AT&T and Sprint.

Darrell 09-07-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBall (Post 539519)
I do... it's one of the coolest things I own, and the sprint plans are cheaper than anyone. For about $125 after taxes and insurance on both phones my wife and I get 1500 minutes to split, free nights/weekends, unlimited data and unlimited texts.

Also, I made some sweet cigar-related Pre wallpapers. :D

This phone is the shizz...

Ohhhh, unlimited texts eh, Mr. Balls? You were *****ing at me a few months ago about texting you because it cost you money. I'm going to text you right now. :r

icehog3 09-07-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 539612)
Ohhhh, unlimited texts eh, Mr. Balls? You were *****ing at me a few months ago about texting you because it cost you money. I'm going to text you right now. :r

He probably just didn't wanna talk to you, Darrell. ;) :r

bigloo 09-07-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 539625)
He probably just didn't wanna talk to you, Darrell. ;) :r

Can't really blame him now can you?

tuxpuff 09-08-2009 07:03 AM

I got one last week...also sick of at&t...and I love it! The battery life can be greatly extended if you are able to stay connected to a wireless network...maintaining connection to the 3G network is a drain...but it will still last over a day with heavy usage. The phone has a very intuitive interface.

zitro_joe 09-10-2009 11:26 PM

On of the guys I supervise has it and loves it, however...
Yesterday, the battery started dying after being on for twenty minutes. He stopped by the Sprint store today to get a new battery.

Kreth 09-10-2009 11:46 PM

I've had Palm devices since the original Palm Pilot, and Treos since the 650. I'm on a Treo 755 now (wife has a Centro), and I love what I've seen of the Pre. My problem is all of my hobbies seem to be expensive, so what little spending money I have has to be prioritized between cigars, golf, geek toys, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device