Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Injured at work (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3313)

DPD6030 11-04-2008 02:28 AM

Injured at work

I broke my wrist again tonight at work. Two idiots had broke into a car and ran on us. They went behind a building and I jumped an industrial air conditioner to follow them. While doing this I put my right hand down to steady myself. Not a good idea. Arrested the two suspects and after all the adreline came down my wrist was screaming in pain. Went to the ER and got a split and some meds. I am calling the orthopedic doc. tomorrow and see when they can get me in. This sucks majorly. On the bright side it will free up more time to smoke some sticks since I can't work at all. :ss

Sauer Grapes 11-04-2008 02:37 AM

Re: Injured at work

that sucks. hope you can at least enjoy a little of your time off now.

robofan 11-04-2008 03:41 AM

I hope there is no permanent damage and that you get paid sick leave. Enjoy the time off.

racer3 11-04-2008 04:08 AM

Well it could have been much worse and at least you got the two dopes. Have a speedy recovery and enjoy the time for some good smokes!! :cb

Hardcz 11-04-2008 04:58 AM

Maybe now you can justify going to see your brother and me....

Stay strong buddy.

elderboy02 11-04-2008 05:03 AM

Thank your for making your community safer. Hang in there man.

TripleF 11-04-2008 05:06 AM

Guess you're not an expert on the pummel horse huh?

Sorry about your wrist bro. Hope it heals quickly.

More smokes :ss

tsolomon 11-04-2008 05:14 AM

Sorry about the wrist, but you got the guys so that's a plus. Hope your wrist heals quickly and it doesn't hinder your cigar smoking.

massphatness 11-04-2008 05:16 AM

You broke your wrist again? Bro, you gotta' be more careful. As a couple other guys mentioned, at least it wasn't worse.

My Rx for you: Time to sampling the dark side! :dance:

G G 11-04-2008 05:31 AM

Hate to hear that Andrew. Prayers for recovery.:ss

Ragin Cajun 11-04-2008 06:29 AM

Sorry to hear that, but on the bright side you still got the bastages and now have time to smoke:ss

icehog3 11-04-2008 07:34 AM

Sorry to hear about the injury, Andrew...hopefully the doc can make it stronger than ever, and hopefully the Goddess of Worker's Compensation will smile on you. :)

md4958 11-04-2008 07:55 AM

sorry about the wrist Andrew...hopfully it wasnt your smoking arm??

Mark 11-04-2008 08:32 AM

Thanks for your service brother and recover quickly! Smoke a paid leave celebratory cigar :tu

Beer Doctor 11-04-2008 08:33 AM

That sucks buddy! Get better soon:ss

Old Sailor 11-04-2008 10:13 AM

Andrew, I have just the fix to make you feel better.....start smokin your brothers cigars!! Heal fast my friend.:tu:tu

Don Fernando 11-04-2008 12:18 PM

sorry to hear bro, if it makes you feel any better, my left foot got jammed between a door and a heavy display today and I'm wearing an icepack on my anckle right now, so you're not the only one in pain.

RevSmoke 11-04-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 50045)
I broke my wrist again tonight at work. Two idiots had broke into a car and ran on us. They went behind a building and I jumped an industrial air conditioner to follow them. While doing this I put my right hand down to steady myself. Not a good idea. Arrested the two suspects and after all the adreline came down my wrist was screaming in pain. Went to the ER and got a split and some meds. I am calling the orthopedic doc. tomorrow and see when they can get me in. This sucks majorly. On the bright side it will free up more time to smoke some sticks since I can't work at all. :ss

Can you say, "Light duty." (translated, "riding a desk")

Do you have a chaplain for your department? I am for the Shawano Sheriff. If you were here, that's what you'd get. Meaning, you get to do transports and/or listen to complainants who come to the office. Loads of fun...

God's blessings on your recovery time.

Prozac_Puros 11-04-2008 01:32 PM

Get well soon! :ss

DPD6030 11-04-2008 04:03 PM

Nope, my department doesn't have a "light duty" classification. So I'm at home until the wrist heals and I get the green light to get back to work. I'm going to be so bored. I have TV but only local over the air programming which is so darn stupid which all stations are switching to. It's like the it freezes and comes back. I've pretty much watched all my DVDs and I can't use the xbox360 since my whole hand is wrapped up. So I guess it's reading magazines and smoking sticks. Oh, maybe having a cold one or two or three! :dance: Thanks for all the warm wishes.