Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Unemployment hinders me (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68308)

smokinbabe 11-20-2014 10:21 AM

Unemployment hinders me

I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited. I would like to buy some of the samplers online but can't afford to buy anything. I browse and drool over the cigars wondering what some may taste like. I feel like a kid in a candy store but am too poor to buy.

I even made a humidor out of a cigar box and made a humidifier from an old pill bottle that i drilled holes in and put damp cotton balls in it. I don't have a hydrometer so I have no idea what the humidity is like in my ghetto humidor. there are two cigars in it right now.

Just venting but what's an unemployed girl to do?

massphatness 11-20-2014 10:24 AM

Re: Unemployment hinders me

I'd start by posting on job boards instead of cigar boards, but that's just me.

dave 11-20-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinbabe (Post 2000349)
I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited.

If you have even limited funds for cigars while unemployed, it sounds like you're doing ok.

I'm fully employed, but I only have limited funds for cigars, too. I like the handle...but...was 'mooch' already taken?

sigsauer 11-20-2014 10:40 AM

PM sent

pektel 11-20-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 2000353)
I'd start by posting on job boards instead of cigar boards, but that's just me.

^What this guy said. I'd be much more concerned with finding employment than looking for cigars.

ApexAZ 11-20-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinbabe (Post 2000349)
I am unemployed newbie to cigars and once I pay my bills, funds for cigars are limited. I would like to buy some of the samplers online but can't afford to buy anything. I browse and drool over the cigars wondering what some may taste like. I feel like a kid in a candy store but am too poor to buy.

I even made a humidor out of a cigar box and made a humidifier from an old pill bottle that i drilled holes in and put damp cotton balls in it. I don't have a hydrometer so I have no idea what the humidity is like in my ghetto humidor. there are two cigars in it right now.

Just venting but what's an unemployed girl to do?

:po

icehog3 11-20-2014 11:25 AM

Are you located in the Midwest? Pop by my place for a cigar and an adult beverage, I'm gainfully employed and have plenty.

Remo 11-20-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2000384)
Are you located in the Midwest? Pop by my place for a cigar and an adult beverage, I'm gainfully employed and have plenty.

:r

OLS 11-20-2014 11:32 AM

Wow, I have been here since the week after the beginning of it ALL, and I have NEVER seen something
like that. There is a lot of human interest in it, the story of the homemade humidor just like most of us
made in the beginning, the pre-holiday poignancy of an allusion to a child looking into a candy store with
envy, wonder and sadness. The perfect crime. I also think you should drop by The Admiral's place. After
that one time, he almost NEVER accidentally brings home a woman that turns out to be a man. He'll check
you out.

All that said, the reason I joined the original board that ended up being tossed for this wonderful concoction,
was some poo-flinging buttwipes at Cigar Afishing-knotto that would not LET UP about me being this person
that they had run out on a rail some time before. No matter what I said, they just started howling louder
about me trying to fool them again. SO be who you are lady, come out and live free in the light.

AdamJoshua 11-20-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...9115-Doin_.gif

dijit 11-20-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

I was expecting a message like this from REMO. Whats up with that? :r:r

jjirons69 11-20-2014 11:57 AM

Nice review.

sigsauer 11-20-2014 12:12 PM

tried to help out...
I was un-employed for 7 months...really sucks..
sent pm
no answer...oh well...I tried.

OLS 11-20-2014 12:51 PM

Most one-post folks don't know they HAVE messaging here, lol.

hotreds 11-20-2014 01:41 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vbNH_58qXI...pray.jpg#troll

WhiteMamba 11-20-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigsauer (Post 2000402)
tried to help out...
I was un-employed for 7 months...really sucks..
sent pm
no answer...oh well...I tried.

Well she's certainly not busy at work. :r

pektel 11-20-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteMamba (Post 2000428)
Well she's certainly not busy at work. :r

I feel terrible for laughing so hard at this.

Tio Gato 11-20-2014 02:33 PM

Her two cigars must be Moncadas. She's heard how wonderful they are.:bs

The Poet 11-20-2014 02:39 PM

I just "celebrated" my one-year anniversary of unemployment, so feel her pain. Still, that said, I would never consider venting this way, especially as an introduction.

Not criticizing, just baffled.

shilala 11-20-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2000439)
I just "celebrated" my one-year anniversary of unemployment, so feel her pain. Still, that said, I would never consider venting this way, especially as an introduction.

Not criticizing, just baffled.

Sounds like you need some smokes. :D