Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Don't be a [male sexual organ]... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46213)

Kreth 06-04-2011 06:09 AM

Don't be a [male sexual organ]...

...if you have one of those "How's my driving?" stickers on your vehicle. I was coming home from work yesterday morning, and had some moron in a DirecTV van come flying up behind me and ride my tailgate for about a mile. He was so close I couldn't see his headlights in my rearview. Then he blows by me at about 70 (in a 55) and I watch him repeat the process with a car up ahead of me. When we get into the city, I pull up behind him at a light and notice the sticker. When I got home, I made a phone call and had a nice chat with one of the reps. I understand DirecTV is very strict about driving complaints. Moron. :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

kelmac07 06-04-2011 06:12 AM

Re: Don't be a [male sexual organ]...

Good on you Jeff!! I do the same thing with a$$holes who want to play NASCAR on the roads.

shark 06-04-2011 06:21 AM

Sorry! I had to get an install done. :sh;) My pet peeve are the right lane passers on the freeway, flying along until they get to merging traffic, then they force their way over to the middle lane. Or the ones who insist on staying in the left lane right alongside me, with no traffic in front of either of us. Just recently I had someone doing just that. I speed up, so do they, I slow down, so do they until finally they get away from me and take off like a maniac down the road, only to get pulled over by the police about 2 miles down the road. Ahhh haaaaaa!!!!

Tio Gato 06-04-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1284491)
Good on you Jeff!! I do the same thing with a$$holes who want to play NASCAR on the roads.

Good for you Jeff. I leave near a NASCAR track. It seems half the population has a #8 sticker on their cars and trucks. Apparently they think speed limits and stop signs are only suggestions.:fl

Gophernut 06-04-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark (Post 1284496)
Sorry! I had to get an install done. :sh;) My pet peeve are the right lane passers on the freeway, flying along until they get to merging traffic, then they force their way over to the middle lane. Or the ones who insist on staying in the left lane right alongside me, with no traffic in front of either of us. Just recently I had someone doing just that. I speed up, so do they, I slow down, so do they until finally they get away from me and take off like a maniac down the road, only to get pulled over by the police about 2 miles down the road. Ahhh haaaaaa!!!!

Gotta love karma!

Stephen 06-04-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark (Post 1284496)
My pet peeve are the right lane passers on the freeway

And mine are the people who putt along 10-20 MPH under the speed limit in the left lane. If you're going to drive slow, stay in the right lane.

Zeuceone 06-04-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1284558)
And mine are the people who putt along 10-20 MPH under the speed limit in the left lane. If you're going to drive slow, stay in the right lane.

Slow traffic move over. It'll take a few seconds to move over and you can both be on your merry way.

Drez 06-04-2011 01:55 PM

my pet peeve is people who drive like @ssholes. i give alot of warnings if your going a little quick at 4 A.M. but when your hauling @ss with traffic out or driving like a moron out of fast and the furious i will slam you.

good job calling the number and letting them know. god knows it was only a matter of time before he crashed into someone.

shark 06-04-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

I've been noticing that with higher gas prices now, there have been a a lot of times where people seem to be running some sort of rolling road block on the freeways. 70 MPH limit, and all three lanes are occupied by people doing only 50 to 55, with a huge gap of about a quarter mile in front of them. And they like to try to keep people from passing, too. If a gap forms, they speed up to close it off. Then you have a traffic jam forming behind this, with people jockeying around trying to get around it, or trying to get to the right to exit.

loki 06-04-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

i only pass on the right if i have to...if you cant figure out what my flashing lights and honking horn means then you shouldn't be driving

justonemorestick 06-04-2011 03:47 PM

Lane split?

Zeuceone 06-04-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loki (Post 1284799)
i only pass on the right if i have to...if you cant figure out what my flashing lights and honking horn means then you shouldn't be driving

So you are not drafting me??

loki 06-04-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeuceone (Post 1284826)
So you are not drafting me??

depends on what you're driving

Kreth 06-04-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

And mine are the people who putt along 10-20 MPH under the speed limit in the left lane with their right turn signal on.

Fixed that for you. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

thebayratt 06-04-2011 05:53 PM

I got one of thoser stickers on all of my work trucks.
I am the delivery manager and in the 9years I have been at the job, have never gotten a complaint on any of my trucks....

We drive billboards, not trucks, so itd be pretty stupid to drive like a fool.

replicant_argent 06-04-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

And if you are going to drive fast, stay in the right lane. Unless you are passing.

That is what the left lane is for.

TBone 06-04-2011 07:42 PM

:tpd:
Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 1284932)
And if you are going to drive fast, stay in the right lane. Unless you are passing.

Genetic Defect 06-04-2011 08:21 PM

I thought it was normal to drive like one in NY:confused:

Stephen 06-04-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 1284932)

Exactly. Some people are just in love with that left lane for some reason. I drive in it as little as possible, you know, to let people with lead feet pass, and to let officers of the law easily catch up to said people with lead feet.

Genetic Defect 06-04-2011 08:47 PM

I have a carbon fiber foot