Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Devil Site" Bites Again! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33109)

Dukeuni 06-16-2010 08:55 PM

"Devil Site" Bites Again!

It has been FOREVER since I have been on Cigar Bid. When I first started out with cigars I purchased a LOT of cigars from the site. It has been probably 2 years since I have purchased anything from them. My tastes in N/C's went to higher end sticks (which the auctions seem to go way to high for), and CC's.

I just happened to check-out the bidding today, and BAM, hit with a winning bid. Really did not think I was going to win these with my low-ball offer.

Box of La Riqueza by Tatuaje #1 (lonsdale)- Box of 25
MSRP: $225 I believe
New Havana (Great Retailer btw): $202.50
CB Winning Bid: $112.00

I think this may be one of my best deals on CB. Just see how the sticks come now I guess...

So- If you have not been on CB for awhile, may want to check it out!

ckay 06-16-2010 09:23 PM

Re: "Devil Site" Bites Again!

Don't say that...I am 30 days clean. But yes, like you I have ventured off to stuffing a humi with high end NCs and CCs to age. When I am done stocking up, I will go back to cbid for some ROTT smokes.

SmokinCozy 06-16-2010 09:49 PM

I guess I am in the same situation. I just started checking them out again. I did see that auction before it ended and thought that was a SWEET price but assumed it wasn't worth a bid and would go above MSRP in the last minutes.

quantim0 06-17-2010 05:30 AM

I got a box of tat Havana victorias for about $110 for the box a while ago. You just need to know what you want to pay and if goes above that price, forget it. My rule is about 50% of full price for normal sticks, but I'll go a little highernfor higher end stuff.

heavyd 06-17-2010 05:44 AM

Nice pickup on the La Ricky's! Once C-bid tacks on their $3 insurance charge and the $7 shipping, you will still get the box for less than $5 per stick - can't beat that!:)

I think it's time to revisit my old friend The Devil :D

whodeeni 06-17-2010 09:07 AM

sure beats the monster doesn't it dave!:r

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 889976)
Nice pickup on the La Ricky's! Once C-bid tacks on their $3 insurance charge and the $7 shipping, you will still get the box for less than $5 per stick - can't beat that!:)

I think it's time to revisit my old friend The Devil :D

Brutus2600 06-17-2010 09:32 AM

Between cigar monster, jr cigar's daily auction, and CI's MMAO...I've just avoided cbid because I know if I go there all hope is lost :p I've spent more in the last two months than I have my entire smoking career I think. Hah!

heavyd 06-17-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodeeni (Post 890225)
sure beats the monster doesn't it dave!:r

Oh lordy, you had to mention that place, didn't you Excel!? :bh

I removed the Monster from my favorites menu twice already this month...it just keeps re-appearing somehow :hm :D

Brutus2600 06-17-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 890263)
I removed the Monster from my favorites menu twice already this month...it just keeps re-appearing somehow :hm :D

I have the iPhone app :( With push notifications....*sigh* :rolleyes:

whodeeni 06-17-2010 09:42 AM

*LMAO* :r

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 890263)
Oh lordy, you had to mention that place, didn't you Excel!? :bh

hockeymaniac 06-17-2010 11:38 AM

CBID is definitely a test of will power. I"ve been CBID clean for a while now.

Mindflux 06-17-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeymaniac (Post 890366)
CBID is definitely a test of will power. I"ve been CBID clean for a while now.

I always found people driving the price up too high a pretty good reason to keep off cbid.

Kreth 06-17-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindflux (Post 890368)
I always found people driving the price up too high a pretty good reason to keep off cbid.

Happens a lot, but if you know your prices and are patient, you can usually find some good deals. I have a lot of luck with the Quickies lots, and sniping can be a really effective way to score.
Posted via Mobile Device

dannysguitar 06-17-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 890426)
Happens a lot, but if you know your prices and are patient, you can usually find some good deals. I have a lot of luck with the Quickies lots, and sniping can be a really effective way to score.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stop tellin' everyone our secret man! lol

Dunkel 06-17-2010 01:41 PM

I get boxes of whatever I like for at least $20 off everytime. Paying catalog prices is for rich folks. LOL

maninblack 06-17-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunkel (Post 890567)
I get boxes of whatever I like for at least $20 off everytime. Paying catalog prices is for rich folks. LOL

:tpd:

wolfandwhisky 06-17-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunkel (Post 890567)

I'll put bids in for 40% off - if I get it, awesome savings. If I don't, there will be others.

NTA_Ben 06-18-2010 02:18 AM

I just got the 10er of Diesels (great stick) and a fiver of Torano Noventa toros. Great deals. I got the Toranos for $15!

hockeymaniac 06-18-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky (Post 891126)
I'll put bids in for 40% off - if I get it, awesome savings. If I don't, there will be others.

Whenever I bid I just bid the amount I'm willing to spend which is usually $20 or more less than I can get the item for. If I win great if not it will show up again.

kelmac07 06-18-2010 10:50 AM

Going through withdrawals here. :r :r