Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good morning Post and sports update (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7301)

Stogieman 09-05-2023 03:35 AM

Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Tuesday. We had a great weekend overall: smoked some top shelf cigars; visited a couple of breweries and a winery; relaxed out back with Beth and fired up the BBQ everyday. Congrats to the Yankees for sweeping the Astros in Houston, now they're home starting tonight against the Tigers. Congrats to Kyle Larsen for taking the checkered flag in Sunday's NASCAR race and advancing in the Playoffs. Unfortunately, Army football lost in the last few minutes in Saturday's game against ULM, hopefully they bounce back this Saturday versus Delaware State at home. Have a great week all and enjoy....... :tu

Stogieman 09-06-2023 03:48 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's already "Hump Day". I see that the Yankees won another one and Stanton hit his 400th homer. Weather wise here in the Hudson Valley, we have a heat advisory for the next two days followed on with thunder storms throughout the weekend:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...03949329999995

Enjoy everyone, stay hydrated and remember to be safe out there...... :)

Stogieman 09-07-2023 03:49 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have another hot one here in the Hudson Valley. Congrats to the Yankees on another win last night, this makes five in a row. Not sure if the Bronx Bombers will make the Wild Card but they are giving their best. Enjoy all..... :cf1

Stogieman 09-08-2023 03:48 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of regulars were out along with a few ole' faces we haven't seen in a while. The Yankees got their butts whipped last night, hopefully the bounce back tonight. The NASCAR drivers are racing in Kansas this weekend and the NFL has begun the regular season with Detroit beating the Kansas City Chiefs last night 21 - 20. Enjoy everyone and hopefully Army football beats Delaware State at home tomorrow....... :D

Stogieman 09-11-2023 02:58 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's another early morning here at West Point preparing to remember 9/11. There will be a number of VIP in attendance this morning: 50 congressional delegates, local and state dignitaries, 50 members of the Cadet Glee Club, the West Point Band, first responders from the scene at 9/11, etc. Congrats to the Army football team for winning 57 - 0 Saturday, way to bounce back from last week. There were a few upsets yesterday in the NFL, that happens on opening Sunday every year. Enjoy your week all and remember to be safe out there....... :)

Stogieman 09-12-2023 03:58 AM

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and I'm teleworking this morning as I'm taking Beth to a doctor's appointment later on today. I see that Aaron Rogers maybe out for the season only after 3 plays last night in the Jets vs. Bills game. Sucks for the Jets as he was high hopes for them to do well this season. Enjoy your day everyone....... :tu

icehog3 09-12-2023 08:12 AM

I didn't want to see Rodgers get hurt. Humiliated, absolutely, but not hurt.

Brian D. 09-12-2023 09:13 AM

Good morning SALUTATIONS part 2! Injuries like what happened to Aaron Rodgers is why I don't play fantasy football, or wager on horse races. In the past, some of my picks have ended up at the glue factory. Hopefully that wouldn't be the fate of Aaron Rodgers though. :r

icehog3 09-12-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2249103)
In the past, some of my picks have ended up at the glue factory. Hopefully that wouldn't be the fate of Aaron Rodgers though. :r

Speak for yourself. -(P

Stogieman 09-13-2023 03:55 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". I see that the Yankees won last night over the Red Sox in Boston, these two teams will be back at it again tonight starting at 1910 (7:10 PM). I got the grass cut yesterday afternoon, thank goodness as they are calling for heavy rains again today. Enjoy all and be careful out there....... :cf1

RevSmoke 09-13-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stogieman (Post 2249092)
Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and I'm teleworking this morning as I'm taking Beth to a doctor's appointment later on today. I see that Aaron Rogers maybe out for the season only after 3 plays last night in the Jets vs. Bills game. Sucks for the Jets as he was high hopes for them to do well this season. Enjoy your day everyone....... :tu

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2249102)
I didn't want to see Rodgers get hurt. Humiliated, absolutely, but not hurt.

As a life-long Packer fan, I was so relieved when we traded him to the Jets. I was curious to see how he would fare there, and if another coach or strategy would work with him. I was tired of getting into the "red zone" in play-off games and having to settle for a field goal - and it being everybody's fault except his. Sorry, I don't like kool-aid.

I cannot say that I wasn't hoping to see him fail in New York, just so I could say, "I told you so!"

But it was sad to see him go down that way.
He is in my prayers.

I am curious to see what happens with Chicago and Green Bay this year.
Were the Bears over-confident? There may be something too that! They were the authors of their own loss?
Is Love and this very young squad in Green Bay better than people expected? That is what I am personally hoping for.

This was just the 1st game of a long 17 game season. Where it will all shake out is anybody's guess. All it takes is one rolled ankle and a team's season could change drastically.
And yet, a rookie could step in and with the help of a great defense, create a winning season.

My prayer is two-fold for the season - with an addendum.
1st, keep all those playing, safe and injury free.
2nd, grant exciting games and stupendous plays.
Addendum, it would be nice if the Packers win.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Stogieman 09-14-2023 03:51 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. Yesterday's Yankees vs. Red Sox game got rained out until today which means a double header 1335 (1:35 PM). Let's go fellas, you got this! Enjoy everyone, hope to see some of the local S/BOTL tonight....... :ss

Stogieman 09-15-2023 03:46 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the place was hoppin' and we were all smoking top shelf cigars. Congrats to the Eagles on their win last night over the Vikings and to the Yankees for splitting their double header yesterday as well. Tonight, a number of us are heading over to the West Point Oktoberfest for a few cold beers, tasty German food and to smoke some cigars as well. Enjoy your all and I hope you get to smoke a favourite or two or....... :chr

Stogieman 09-18-2023 03:38 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. One good thing is that I'm only working today and tomorrow as Beth and I are heading to Lancaster, PA Wednesday to celebrate out 20th wedding anniversary which is the 20th. We had a great weekend with friends and family at the Oktoberfest and then on Saturday at a few breweries in the area. Have a great week everyone and enjoy....... :tu

icehog3 09-18-2023 08:39 AM

Happy Anniversary in advance, Charlie and Beth.

Stogieman 09-19-2023 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2249238)
Happy Anniversary in advance, Charlie and Beth.

Thank you Tom....... :)

Stogieman 09-19-2023 03:51 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's a brisk Tuesday morning. The weather according to NOAA looks great for the next four to five days with the temps in the low 70s and sunny:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...03949329999995

I just checked and the temps in Lancaster, PA will be in the mid to upper 70s for the next four days which is perfect as well. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy....... :pi

Stogieman 09-23-2023 04:09 PM

Good afternoon everyone, everyone your Saturday evening….. 👍

Stogieman 09-25-2023 03:24 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday after five relaxing days off. Beth and I had a great time in Intercourse, PA, definitely going back in the near future. We have a busy week ahead, enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there...... :tu

Brian D. 09-25-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stogieman (Post 2249405)
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday after five relaxing days off. Beth and I had a great time in Intercourse, PA, definitely going back in the near future. We have a busy week ahead, enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there...... :tu

Dare I say...PHRASING!? :D Sorry about that, couldn't help myself.

If there was ever a place name that tops "the lovely Sharon Woods", it's definitely Intercourse, Pa.