Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Just Picked up today (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42434)

Swif 02-12-2011 11:15 PM

Just Picked up today

I just picked up Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Maduro Sampler.

These will be in the Humi until those special moments come up. I hope I can hold out.

I am told that they are very good. :dr

NCRadioMan 02-12-2011 11:27 PM

Re: Just Picked up today

Everyday is special. Life is too short to smoke crap cigars. Fire one up and enjoy!

They are great cigars.

Adriftpanda 02-12-2011 11:55 PM

You picked a winner.

Volusianator 02-13-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 1170894)
Everyday is special. Life is too short to smoke crap cigars. Fire one up and enjoy!

They are great cigars.

Agreed, I have plenty of cigars in my humidor, most likely enough to keep me smoking for several years without purchasing more. I think I have one special cigar in there right now, a BBMF maduro. A very good friend of mine gave me one last summer that I smoked, I then came across another, so more than likely, my "special cigar" will go to someone here one day when I feel they need a little pick me up.

Smoke those Padrons, they're not HTF, their made every day, you can always get more. They were made to be smoked.

icehog3 02-13-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 1170894)

They are great cigars.

Yup....a great cigar can make the occasion special! Just smoke one! :tu

Tyler 02-13-2011 12:29 AM

They are great cigars! I can see though why you would want to save it for a special occasion. I can only speak for myself but I can't really afford paying over $5 a cigar as an everyday smoke. Most of my cigars I paid anywhere between $1.50-$3 a stick on auction sites or for really good discounted rates. I cherish those cigars that cost $10+ and save them for special occasions. I recently was given a Arturo Fuente Anejo that I am saving for my engagement this year or wedding next year. If I was in your situation I would save the cigars too. I was lucky enough to have a friend buy me a box of 1964's a couple of years ago. They became a weekly treat for me and I would meet my other friend up at the shop to smoke. I finished off the last two with my dad while having a deep important discussion one night. He isn't a cigar smoker but said he really enjoyed the cigar. I am not calling you a poor smoker like me I am just saying I understand you wanting to save it for special occasions. I know they are made everyday but I can't afford one everyday haha. Just my :2 and no disrespect to any of the guys on here.

cigarlvr 02-13-2011 06:14 AM

Great pickup

shilala 02-13-2011 06:36 AM

I'm going to have a 1964 Monarca maduro this morning while I'm in the car.
It's going to be a celebration thanking the Good Lord for letting me suck air for another day. I can't think of a better reason to celebrate, I might not get another chance tomorrow. :tu

hscmit 02-13-2011 09:39 AM

very good smoke

Swif 02-13-2011 09:51 AM

How do this compare to a VSG or a Casa Fuente House cigars?

I'm thinking of picking up a single to try and save the sample set.

T.G 02-13-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swif (Post 1171172)
How do this compare to a VSG or a Casa Fuente House cigars?

I'm thinking of picking up a single to try and save the sample set.

No comparison is really possible.

The PAM64 is a totally different cigar than the Ashton VSG which is a totally different cigar than the Casa Fuente.

All very good cigars in their own rights, but nothing alike.

HollywoodQue 02-13-2011 10:04 AM

:np

Sweet pickup still...enjoy

EricF 02-14-2011 08:39 PM

Nice pick-up David!

Smoke 1 to try and save the rest. They are great ROTT!