Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54481)

icehog3 03-23-2012 09:39 AM

Re: Tim Tebow CHOOSES the Jets!

Denver's awesome defense, other teams' tired defenses, mental errors, bad officiating. Tebow had absolutely nothing to do with it. :r

Read the comments from HIS teammates last season, what THEY thought he brought to that team. I'll take those to heart over the opinions of fans of opposing teams. Haters gonna hate. :lr

yourchoice 03-23-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1597856)
Denver's awesome defense, other teams' tired defenses, mental errors, bad officiating. Tebow had absolutely nothing to do with it. :r

Read the comments from HIS teammates last season, what THEY thought he brought to that team. I'll take those to heart over the opinions of fans of opposing teams. Haters gonna hate. :lr

:tpd: If Tebow had little to do with their success when he started, how were they 7-1 when Tebow started, and 1-7 when he didn't?

Like Tom said, Haters gonna hate.

And, FWIW, the Gators are one of my least favorite college football teams...but this hater ain't hatin' on Tebow. The guy was probably the best college football player (not QB, player) I've seen play, is a great teammate and just seems to be "a winner". Time will tell if that's true, but he's off to a good start.

smitty81 03-23-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourchoice (Post 1597881)
:tpd: If Tebow had little to do with their success when he started, how were they 7-1 when Tebow started, and 1-7 when he didn't?

Like Tom said, Haters gonna hate.

And, FWIW, the Gators are one of my least favorite college football teams...but this hater ain't hatin' on Tebow. The guy was probably the best college football player (not QB, player) I've seen play, is a great teammate and just seems to be "a winner". Time will tell if that's true, but he's off to a good start.

Just goes to show everyone has their own opinions and they are entilted to them.

I feel Tommie Frazier was the greatest college football player ever on offense . YMMV

chippewastud79 03-23-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1597930)
Just goes to show everyone has their own opinions and they are entilted to them.

I feel Tommie Frazier was the greatest college football player ever on offense . YMMV

Your Nebraska bias wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would it? :rolleyes:

smitty81 03-23-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 1598042)
Your Nebraska bias wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would it? :rolleyes:

no sir. They have been compared by many. Google it.

chippewastud79 03-23-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1598083)
no sir. They have been compared by many. Google it.

Frazier, Tebow, Young, Elway, hell I'll throw in LeFevour based on college stats, there is a debate to who is the best. But chances are all of them trail many of the great RB's for greatest college player of all-time. Walker, Sanders, Jackson, Dorsett, Thorpe. Hell, Thorpe is a top 5 ATHLETE of all-time in my book. :2

chachee52 03-23-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1597856)

I'm a fan of football. I will give credit to those that I see fit on any team. I guess this is just one of those situations that when watching the games I'm not seeing what everyone else sees in him. He runs, I don't see him as a good QB.
Like I said in past posts, I do think that he's a great guy and is probably a good motivator, a good QB though? Nope......I don't see it.
Not to mention, he is the complete opposite personal character than most of the JETs players. He's a good guy!! HEHEHE (Just a little Pats fan humor)

icehog3 03-23-2012 08:24 PM

Great QB? Probably not. Heck of a fottball player, though. I don't see him as the seconf coming of Johnny Unitas, Todd, I just laugh at the people (not you) who don't give him one iota of credit for the Broncos turnaround and success, just say "Tim has a sucky arm". Well, Prince Fielder ain't much of a base stealer, but I'm glad to have him on the Tigers. ;)

longknocker 03-23-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1598441)
Great QB? Probably not. Heck of a fottball player, though. I don't see him as the seconf coming of Johnny Unitas, Todd, I just laugh at the people (not you) who don't give him one iota of credit for the Broncos turnaround and success, just say "Tim has a sucky arm". Well, Prince Fielder ain't much of a base stealer, but I'm glad to have him on the Tigers. ;)

Tebow Will Succeed Eventually, Wherever He Goes. A Class Act, IMO! :tu

chachee52 03-24-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1598441)

I am still not ready to say he's a great football player. Not sure if he's a "one year wonder" yet. Time will tell. I remember when Cordell Stewart first came on the scene and he did an unbelievable job the first year, then teams caught on.
Switch him to a fullback or something then we might have a different topic:rolleyes:

icehog3 03-24-2012 03:56 PM

I wasn't just basing my opinion on 1 year with the Broncos. He has a fairly decent college career playing football as well. ;) :r