Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kiss My Ash Radio (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49375)

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 10:18 AM

Kiss My Ash Radio

Anyone listen to this show? I see it's fairly new.

And by the looks of the pictures on their Facebook page, they don't smoke cigars during the show....kind of dumb. I can understand why, but still.

Is it worth a listen and checking out?

gbum 09-20-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Kiss My Ash Radio

try once... and thats all

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 10:32 AM

Not any good?

neoflex 09-20-2011 11:18 AM

It's getting better but still not great in my opinion. A lot of droning on. Being it is Abe from Smoke Inn they do get great guests. They could use to ditch Lady M as she adds no worthwhile content to the show in my opinion. I think they just wanted a pretty face associated with the show and even that's a stretch. They probably don't smoke during the show because they are live from a local radio station studio. It is starting to get better and they will be moving to another station soon so they can do a two hour show which I am not sure if that will help or hurt the show. You can download the shows on Itunes now. I still prefer to listen to the Blowing Smoke podcast for cigar related listening but even they were a little hit and miss at the beginning so I think with time they will get much better.

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 11:22 AM

I'll give it a listen. At least it's nicely produced being in a station. Some of the podcasts out there are just complete crap with their quality, such a turn off.

Blak Smyth 09-20-2011 11:37 AM

I was wondering about a good cigar podcast. I wish some of the brothers on here would do one! The CA podcast could be great!

irratebass 09-20-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1414911)
I was wondering about a good cigar podcast. I wish some of the brothers on here would do one! The CA podcast could be great!

X2

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 11:54 AM

I listen to Blowin Smoke Podcast, Stogie Fresh 5, and The Cigar Authority.

And then there's Dogwatch, don't bother with that one.

neoflex 09-20-2011 11:57 AM

Dog Watch is an older one and I gave them another shot about a year ago but they have yet to improved their audio so I wrote it off. When I listened years ago the content was pretty good but the audio often times made it unlistenable.

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 12:03 PM

Yeah, their production is complete crap. And there's too much dead air and too much "uhs, ums, hmms" and whatever else.

Plus the little debate they had saying there's no such thing as a "pretty good" cigar. What a crock of shipoopy. Let people enjoy cigars however they want and let them say whatever they want. Not everyone is an @$$ kisser and will agree with whatever they say.

Jasonw560 09-20-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1414911)

With some good equipment, a good podcast from home is possible. You just have to know how to do it. I would think you do a couple, listen back, and tweak them a little before you air them.

I DL'ed KMA, and will DL the other ones. Need a good pro-cigar podcast to pass the time at work.

Blak Smyth 09-20-2011 01:06 PM

I'm looking for a good 1.5 hours a day to listen to on my drive in and home.
It would seriously be amazing if some of the people on CA had one. So much knoweldge here!

irratebass 09-20-2011 01:17 PM

someone post links to some of these mentioned, and waht do you use? Winamp? Ipod what?

I've never actually listened to a podcast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1414974)
I'm looking for a good 1.5 hours a day to listen to on my drive in and home.
It would seriously be amazing if some of the people on CA had one. So much knoweldge here!

I would actually like to hear some of the guys on here talk about cigars (Eric, Mac, Elderboy, Bob, Bill to name a few off the top of my head)

jledou 09-20-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom (Post 1414922)
I listen to Blowin Smoke Podcast, Stogie Fresh 5, and The Cigar Authority.

And then there's Dogwatch, don't bother with that one.

I listen to them all ... each have their own merits and some may fit better others for some people.

They are all good entertainment while enjoying a cigar and you can't beat the price. :2

xlc12rf 09-20-2011 03:21 PM

For what it's worth, AJ (rightAJ here, I believe) and I are about two weeks away from recording episode 1 of Leaf and Yeast.

www.leafandyeast.com (under heavy construction)

weak_link 09-20-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 1414987)
someone post links to some of these mentioned, and waht do you use? Winamp? Ipod what?

I've never actually listened to a podcast.

I would actually like to hear some of the guys on here talk about cigars (Eric, Mac, Elderboy, Bob, Bill to name a few off the top of my head)

Dog Watch Radio

stogie fresh podcast

Cigar authority podcast

WittyUserName 09-20-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weak_link (Post 1415167)

BAHAHAHA I have never seen that before. It is GREAT!!

RightAJ 09-20-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlc12rf (Post 1415133)
For what it's worth, AJ (rightAJ here, I believe) and I are about two weeks away from recording episode 1 of Leaf and Yeast.

www.leafandyeast.com (under heavy construction)

:banger

aj

thechrisdotcom 09-27-2011 08:38 AM

I've listened to a few episodes, it's alright. They're changing stations and will be a 2 hour show now. Not sure about the new place, but I know the studio they're in now(or were in), they don't smoke cigars during the show.

thechrisdotcom 09-27-2011 08:39 AM

I think the 2 hour show will make it more entertaining to have more time for more content.