Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Max Benjamin Mini Cigar Bar (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47721)

bvilchez 07-23-2011 12:55 PM

Max Benjamin Mini Cigar Bar

I've been looking at these lately but haven't pushed myself to pull the trigger just yet.

Any of you own 1 of these? Willing to tell me the pro/cons, durability of material, etc., of them?

Any and all input will be appreciated.

cort 07-23-2011 01:08 PM

Re: Max Benjamin Mini Cigar Bar

Curious to hear what everyone who has one thinks. Actually I really want to know how often they use them.

mariogolbee 07-23-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cort (Post 1347463)
Curious to hear what everyone who has one thinks. Actually I really want to know how often they use them.

I'm curious to know what the heck it is.

Edit: I see. From what I was able to gather, it's a backpack with glasses, a cylindrical humi, and an ice container. It looks pretty sweet. I don't think I'd buy one though, because I already have a cylindrical humi and several other shapes and sizes, a backpack, and glasses. All I would need is the appropriate sized mini ice chest and I'd be good to go. Of course, it wouldn't be nearly as fashionable.

In fact, my backpack for school always has a lighter, cutter, draw tool, portable ashtray, a full three-finger cigar case, and cold bottled waters in it. So, I probably wouldn't use this too often if I did have it. If you get one, I suggest getting a Molino portable ashtray since that seems to be lacking in the cigar bar.

DMK 07-23-2011 02:06 PM

Google is your friend....
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...3/product.html

mariogolbee 07-23-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMK (Post 1347480)

Thanks, Darryl. I googled it right after my original post. Now that you posted a link, nobody will ever have to wonder again.

CigarDoc 07-23-2011 02:15 PM

I have one and I use it alot. My wife got it for me for an anniversary present a few years back.I replaced the foam in the "humidor" with some beads, and I charge them back up a day or so before I know I'm going somewhere. I take it on all the roadtrips that me and the wife and kid go on. It's a great little bag. The "ice chest" keeps the ice from melting for a little while, but not more than a couple hours, but I don't use ice in my scotch anyhow. I put a small bottle of water (like the tiny kids size) in the ice chest, my choice bottle of scotch, a handful of sticks, and I'm prepared for a few days at the inlaws, a camping trip, a 2 day fishing tournament, or whatever. I can't tell you about the durability of it, because frankly, I take really good care of the bag. I got the khaki colored canvas one. It's super high quality. If you are looking for a cigar bar to go with a bit of pristige, this is a good choice.

Doc

DMK 07-23-2011 02:59 PM

I was hinting at it for Christmas.....:rolleyes:

mariogolbee 07-23-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMK (Post 1347515)

If only I can rig the system so that I become your secret Santa!

bvilchez 07-23-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMK (Post 1347515)

Which one were you looking at?
Posted via Mobile Device

markem 07-23-2011 03:44 PM

I've owned two. If they are something that can take the place of something that you are now using a lot, then it is probably worth it. One I won at auction at reauctioned it right away for the troops (at CS) and the other sat for a long while until I got rid of it. Never seemed to match my needs, although the concept is quite cool. I always seem to have a bigger cigar case with me, which led me to not using the ones I had.

bvilchez 07-23-2011 05:46 PM

Here's the link to the page.

Mini Cigar Bar

CigarNut 07-23-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvilchez (Post 1347457)
I've been looking at these lately but haven't pushed myself to pull the trigger just yet.

Any of you own 1 of these? Willing to tell me the pro/cons, durability of material, etc., of them?

Any and all input will be appreciated.

I think it's time for a GB :D

massphatness 07-23-2011 06:04 PM

Have one. Love the look of it, but I honestly do not use it that often. It's a great set up if you are want to take a bottle of liquor and a few sticks with you. It's not great as a herf-a-dor though.

bvilchez 07-23-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1347713)
I think it's time for a GB :D

There would have to be interest first and then I would work on it.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1347716)
Have one. Love the look of it, but I honestly do not use it that often. It's a great set up if you are want to take a bottle of liquor and a few sticks with you. It's not great as a herf-a-dor though.

Do you have the leather or the twill? If the leather is it sturdy enough?

massphatness 07-23-2011 06:35 PM

I have the leather, and it is well crafted and extremely durable.

With respect to group buys on these, Al (ahc4353) was a Max Benjamin rep for a time. He had run a couple buys, which is how I came by mine. Even at the GB price though, the leather ones are a tad expensive.

DPD6030 07-23-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1347716)

:tpd:, I have the camo twill one. I've used it a handful of times.

bvilchez 07-23-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1347752)
I have the leather, and it is well crafted and extremely durable.

With respect to group buys on these, Al (ahc4353) was a Max Benjamin rep for a time. He had run a couple buys, which is how I came by mine. Even at the GB price though, the leather ones are a tad expensive.

I'm going to hit up Al and check to see what he can do. Thanks Vin:tu

MrOneEyedBoh 07-23-2011 06:54 PM

someone did a group buy on these a bit back.

edit: I dont remember who it was

OLS 07-25-2011 06:51 AM

It's not a PURSE! It's a European Shoulder Bag Cigar Bar, dammit.

neathway 04-20-2019 03:29 AM

Not sure if anyone can help me but Id love to get one of these for my partner but finding it very hard to track one down ... any help would be much appreciated :):)-(P