Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   opinion please (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68580)

cigarmarine 12-18-2014 07:41 AM

opinion please

opus x petite, reserve, or perfecto which two would you choose -(P

T.G 12-18-2014 07:48 AM

Re: opinion please

The Opus X Petite Lancero is a very strong, spicy, full flavored cigar. Smoke it too fast and it'll take you for a spin.

The Perfecto is more of a medium body cigar.

I don't know what the "Reserve" is.

It's always an interesting comparison to get the petite lancero and a larger cigar like the perfecto to see just how much difference can be made by the ring gauge difference.

cigarmarine 12-18-2014 08:27 AM

thank you brother i'll go with the petite and the perfecto :tu

Ogre 12-18-2014 10:17 AM

I would have to agree with Adam.

DaBear 12-18-2014 08:38 PM

Or better yet, if you can find em, any of the Angel's Share. :dr :dr :dr I normally can't place specific flavors in a cigar(just use general terms like earthy, spicy, etc) but I swear they taste like a banana cream pie. So good. We just got some in to the shop, so they should be out everywhere else.

WhiteMamba 12-18-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 2006577)
Or better yet, if you can find em, any of the Angel's Share. :dr :dr :dr I normally can't place specific flavors in a cigar(just use general terms like earthy, spicy, etc) but I swear they taste like a banana cream pie. So good. We just got some in to the shop, so they should be out everywhere else.

Do you ship?

cigarmarine 12-18-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteMamba (Post 2006588)
Do you ship?

yea what he said

DaBear 12-19-2014 10:49 AM

Yes we do. I'll PM you both the number and email.

Chainsaw13 12-19-2014 02:04 PM

Hey Lashun, Churchill's in Birmingham has the Opus X Angels Share in stock. I just smoked one after lunch. Very good, and surprisingly the prices at Churchill's weren't that bad.

HollywoodQue 12-19-2014 02:25 PM

I want a couple Bob...i love a good opus.....did you smoke it right away or did you throw it in the humi for a while

Chainsaw13 12-19-2014 02:49 PM

Smoked it right there, this afternoon in fact.

DaBear 12-19-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollywoodQue (Post 2006738)
I want a couple Bob...i love a good opus.....did you smoke it right away or did you throw it in the humi for a while

They're honestly better fresh. I tried to hide one away for a few months when they first came out and it had lost that sweetness I loved.

cigarmarine 12-19-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2006734)
Hey Lashun, Churchill's in Birmingham has the Opus X Angels Share in stock. I just smoked one after lunch. Very good, and surprisingly the prices at Churchill's weren't that bad.

Thanks I'll see if there open Sunday and grab one

cigarmarine 12-19-2014 04:24 PM

Hey bob never been to church hills can you smoke there

cigarmarine 12-19-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2006741)
Smoked it right there, this afternoon in fact.

Duh

Chainsaw13 12-19-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarmarine (Post 2006767)
Hey bob never been to church hills can you smoke there

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarmarine (Post 2006768)
Duh

Yep, place is pretty cool, albeit expensive for some things. But then it's in Birmingham. :D

JohnnyFlake 12-20-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 2006759)
They're honestly better fresh. I tried to hide one away for a few months when they first came out and it had lost that sweetness I loved.

For what it's worth, I have many Opus-X in my stash. I have not bought any in at least 3 years. Most of what I have are 5 yo and older. I have 9 left that are from 1997, the first year of the official public release. 5 of those are my favorite Petite Lancero.

DaBear is correct, in part. Opus-X are generally very good when young, the spiciness if sweeter and the other flavors are brighter. I've always suggested they be smoked within the first 6 months. Afterward, they should be allowed to rest for at least 2 1/2 to 3 years, at which time they become very interesting smokes. Usually, very spicy and full of deep flavors. After 5 years or so, they become more mellow all around, however, they are still very full of subtle flavor notes.

DaBear 12-20-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake (Post 2006938)
For what it's worth, I have many Opus-X in my stash. I have not bought any in at least 3 years. Most of what I have are 5 yo and older. I have 9 left that are from 1997, the first year of the official public release. 5 of those are my favorite Petite Lancero.

DaBear is correct, in part. Opus-X are generally very good when young, the spiciness if sweeter and the other flavors are brighter. I've always suggested they be smoked within the first 6 months. Afterward, they should be allowed to rest for at least 2 1/2 to 3 years, at which time they become very interesting smokes. Usually, very spicy and full of deep flavors. After 5 years or so, they become more mellow all around, however, they are still very full of subtle flavor notes.

I was mainly just speaking on the Angel's Shares. I've never been a big fan of regular Opus, especially when fresh(to me they need at least a few years of down time). That said, the last batch of A's we got were quite good, though I suspect they had been sitting in Fuente's warehouse for awhile as they still had the Destino al Siglo bands on em.

JohnnyFlake 12-20-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 2006945)
I was mainly just speaking on the Angel's Shares. I've never been a big fan of regular Opus, especially when fresh(to me they need at least a few years of down time). That said, the last batch of A's we got were quite good, though I suspect they had been sitting in Fuente's warehouse for awhile as they still had the Destino al Siglo bands on em.

That is interesting. I have never had an Angel's Share. Actually, I really don't know very much at all, about any Opus releases from the last 3 or 4 years.