Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sauza Tres Generaciones Cigars Tradicion by Drew Estate (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53672)

the jiggler 02-23-2012 09:20 AM

Sauza Tres Generaciones Cigars Tradicion by Drew Estate

Does anyone know if they are still making these? I can't seem to find any information on them besides a listing on cheapercigarsdotcom with no indication whether they are in stock out of stock etc. I'd like to get my hands on some if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Now if I can just get JD to work some Jägermeister into the product...

Thanks!

T.G 02-23-2012 09:31 AM

Re: Sauza Tres Generaciones Cigars Tradicion by Drew Estate

They were discontinued many years ago.

the jiggler 02-23-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1569368)
They were discontinued many years ago.

I guess that's what I get for showing up so late to the party. Thanks!

T.G 02-23-2012 09:38 AM

No problem bro. I don't think there was ever a replacement or substitute cigar either, at least not from Drew Estate.

DaBear 02-23-2012 09:58 AM

We have about 5 of these left at work. If you'd like I can pick em up for you tonight or tomorrow night and get em out your way. When we got our Xmas shipment in we got ANCIENT stuff in. Old label Olivas, La Aurora Preferidos with release dates of 05 and 03, VSGs from before they started putting cello on the sticks, and not to mention 2 boxes of these and a box of Kahluas as well.

DaBear 02-23-2012 10:22 AM

Actually, now that I think about it, we may have a bunch at our Durham store too. I can call over and see, if you'd like to get your hands on as many as possible.

shilala 02-23-2012 10:36 AM

I have a couple of the sampler/tubo packs that I've been hanging onto forever. I looked for a pic but I couldn't find one. I'll go take a couple pics cause they're infinately cool. Whether they're smokable or not, I have no clue. Never tried one.

shilala 02-23-2012 10:46 AM

Here's the Box. It says "Tres Generacionales" on the end. I'm pretty sure that's Spanish for "Sticky Wicket". No idea what that means, though.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/fe9b7417.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/084b567d.jpg

sevans105 02-23-2012 10:49 AM

Are those tubos milled out of wood???

shilala 02-23-2012 10:52 AM

No, the casket has a wooden plug in the end, which I guess makes it not a casket at all. The wood look is the cedar on the cigars inside the tubos.
I just had the cigar in the not a coffin out and it smells awesome. Not at all like lighter fluid. Oddly, I didn't notice if it was also cedar wrapped. It's a torpedo. The other ones are like a churchill and double churchill or something.

lenguamor 02-23-2012 11:00 AM

That's a beautiful presentation, Scott. I'm sure I wouldn't like the cigars, but that set is top-notch.

DaBear 02-23-2012 11:05 AM

They're actually not bad. Smoked one back in December. Was a nice change of pace. They're not sweet like most the infused DE sticks are, they just have a very light tequila taste the whole way through. Barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. Theres almost more of a lime taste the whole way through. Hard to describe. They smell nice while lit though, so thats always a plus.

lenguamor 02-23-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 1569475)
They're actually not bad. Smoked one back in December. Was a nice change of pace. They're not sweet like most the infused DE sticks are, they just have a very light tequila taste the whole way through. Barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. They smell nice while lit though, so thats always a plus.

That's cool; I don't mind a well-made infused cigar, as long as it doesn't have a distracting odor (lookin' at you, Kuba Kuba!).

I really like the Tabak Especiale Negras, and the Acid Roam is an interesting smoke once in a blue moon.

shilala 02-23-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguamor (Post 1569466)
That's a beautiful presentation, Scott. I'm sure I wouldn't like the cigars, but that set is top-notch.

They're super pretty. That's why I keep hanging onto them. I have an affinity for a nice presentation and these are certainly that. I knew I would never smoke them if I only had one, so I got two. :)

the jiggler 02-23-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 1569404)
We have about 5 of these left at work. If you'd like I can pick em up for you tonight or tomorrow night and get em out your way. When we got our Xmas shipment in we got ANCIENT stuff in. Old label Olivas, La Aurora Preferidos with release dates of 05 and 03, VSGs from before they started putting cello on the sticks, and not to mention 2 boxes of these and a box of Kahluas as well.

I'd love to get my hands on five. Please let me know how much and the best way to get you the funds and I will take them off your hands.

I'm so glad I found this board. You guys are the best.

the jiggler 02-23-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1569432)
I have a couple of the sampler/tubo packs that I've been hanging onto forever. I looked for a pic but I couldn't find one. I'll go take a couple pics cause they're infinately cool. Whether they're smokable or not, I have no clue. Never tried one.

Please let me know if you are interested in getting rid of one. I'd like to get one just for posterity's sake. Thanks!

DaBear 02-23-2012 01:17 PM

PM sent

the jiggler 02-28-2012 02:53 PM

DaBear is Dabomb :banger:banger:banger

Digs 02-28-2012 07:28 PM

I have a 2 of them I have had for a while, almost smoked one the other night..

austin3trio 02-28-2012 07:45 PM

Those sound yummy. But my husband would stick me back in the creepy box if bought any.