Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   groin strain (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46649)

gettysburgfreak 06-19-2011 05:34 PM

groin strain

Has anyone else had experience with groin pain? Been having pain in my lower abdomen, side of my groin, and in another certain area. Went to the walk in health clinic today since doctors arent open and the lady said she didnt find a hernia but possibly strained some muscles.

For those of you that have had similar issues what did you do for comfort? Rest, advil, ice? How long did it take to feel better?

Coach Deg 06-19-2011 05:40 PM

Re: groin strain

Yes, rest, Advil, and ice. If not a hernia, lower back strains can cause groin pain. So the lower back feels ok, but it causing groin pain.

Drez 06-19-2011 05:47 PM

Try and get some rest and i hope you feel better brother.

hscmit 06-20-2011 08:55 AM

sucks

take it easy and if that doesnt work go to the doctor

Sled Dog 06-20-2011 09:07 AM

Suffered through a groin strain pitching back in the college days. Ice, rest, advil, and stretching.

justonemorestick 06-21-2011 09:04 AM

Wrap it in a six pack and rest. Leave the bedroom gymnastics to the professionals for a couple of days.

357 06-21-2011 09:17 AM

I've pulled my groin playing basketball. It was instant pain like a knife being stabbed into my upper-inner thigh. Sometimes after it would feel fine, but if I moved my leg toward the outside, it would fee like I was re-injuring it. All you can do with a pull like mine is rest it. It took a good month to six weeks to go away. Ever since that I take extra time to stretch that area before I play.

Not sure about the kinda sore type groin issues. My dad had something like that. 3 trips and they didn't find the hernia until the 4th try. Nothing but time seems to help.

BlindedByScience 06-21-2011 09:27 AM

....you know, I read that title three times and would have sworn it said "Groin Stain" and though...."....oh boy, this will be good....."

Seriously, I've pulled the muscles in my groin while lifting something at a weird angle. I should have known better. Take a nice warm bath and get some Advil in your system.

Good luck - N.F.H.

Gophernut 06-21-2011 10:21 AM

I have had both a groin strain and a hernia. They both kinda feel the same. The groin strain was something that I could feel while walking around and the hernia only with certain activities. It did take them about 3 tries to find the hernia so just because one didn't doesn't mean you don't have one. If the rest, ice and advil don't help in a week or so, I would certainly get checked out again.

gettysburgfreak 06-21-2011 10:34 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, it feels a little better but definitely still feels annoying. Will probably get it looked at next week if its still bugging me.

gettysburgfreak 06-21-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gophernut (Post 1305717)
I have had both a groin strain and a hernia. They both kinda feel the same. The groin strain was something that I could feel while walking around and the hernia only with certain activities. It did take them about 3 tries to find the hernia so just because one didn't doesn't mean you don't have one. If the rest, ice and advil don't help in a week or so, I would certainly get checked out again.

Did you have to have surgery?

Loon 06-21-2011 06:55 PM

Just stop jerkin' off. You should be fine.
:=: