Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Xikar EX lighter (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54848)

Big Maduro 04-05-2012 11:06 PM

Xikar EX lighter

I broke down and bought a Xikar EX lighter. This is a very nice lighter. It has a large wheel on the bottom that makes flame adjustment very easy. Lights every time, the flame holds up pretty well under a little wind, but that's what my dual torch is for. Very nice lighter for the money with lifetime guarantee.

joeobx 04-05-2012 11:16 PM

Re: Xikar EX lighter

Xikar :banger

kickerb 04-06-2012 08:50 AM

yup, i own one too. i like the classy feeling i get from using a softflame. not sure why lol!

keith_mahoney 04-10-2012 01:52 PM

I have one also and really like it. I was only using my torch when it was windy and using matches at home out of the wind. So I picked up the EX and really like it.

It's probably just my technique but my smokes always taste more harsh when lit with a torch vs. soft flame.

Big Maduro 04-10-2012 10:26 PM

It's possible your scorching if you toast. I love this lighter.

cjhalbrooks 04-11-2012 09:28 PM

i just grabbed one on CBID cannot wait.

Stinky 04-11-2012 09:40 PM

XiKar does the right thing . . . they offer a lifetime guarantee. I like this. It's something we've done all along. Should we also use that in our marketing too?

Pseudosacred 04-11-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinky (Post 1613572)
XiKar does the right thing . . . they offer a lifetime guarantee. I like this. It's something we've done all along. Should we also use that in our marketing too?

Warranty's are one of my biggest determining factor, when buying something that I'll be using/abusing daily.

So.........................yes ;)

keith_mahoney 04-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinky (Post 1613572)

Most definitely. I love my Stinky but had no idea it had a warranty.
Would this cover it rusting out due to my own ineptitude to bring it in from the lanai before leaving for work on a rainy day?

Although for the price these things are it'd just be more convenient to buy a new one in a couple of years when I can no longer use this one.

levrac68 04-13-2012 07:01 AM

I Have the single flame xtx. Its compact, well constructed and works great. No complaints here.

kuzi16 04-13-2012 09:20 AM

The EX is my everyday lighter. it toasts well, lasts a long time, its easy to adjust, and its made by Xikar so i know that in the rare event there are any issues i can get it fixed for free.

Im a total Xikar whore.