Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49374)

scoot 09-20-2011 09:46 AM

Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero

It looks like the regular production has hit B&Ms. I picked up a box and got kicked a few freebies at my local. I never really sought them out in any of the previous releases, but now that they will be more readily available I jumped on them. Has anyone else spotted these? I'm going to try and smoke one tonight.

ade06 09-20-2011 09:47 AM

Re: Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoot (Post 1414803)
It looks like the regular production has hit B&Ms. I picked up a box and got kicked a few freebies at my local. I never really sought them out in any of the previous releases, but now that they will be more readily available I jumped on them. Has anyone else spotted these? I'm going to try and smoke one tonight.

I smoked one Sunday night and I liked it! It was much better than the black tubos.

kickerb 09-20-2011 09:48 AM

I had one last week and really enjoyed it! Mine was a loose draw and burned way too fast, but the flavor was top-notch!

Ogre 09-20-2011 10:05 AM

It is a good little stick. I have not seen it yet, but hope it has a fair price.

scoot 09-20-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 1414820)
It is a good little stick. I have not seen it yet, but hope it has a fair price.

I grabbed the box+3 free for 205 and change including tax. I think that the msrp on singles is around 8.50. These can definitely be had at msrp from reputable shops.

thechrisdotcom 09-20-2011 10:49 AM

I find the lanceros from Tat to be a quick smoke. I smoked a Tat Sodo Blend(made for a local B&M) and it wasn't a full length lancero, but it burned really quick. Kind of kept me away from smoking anything lancero size from Tat cuz it sounds like they burn too quickly.

It was a great cigar, just would have liked it to last longer.

Beagleone 09-20-2011 10:50 AM

These have been out for awhile now. I've loaded up at first, but since they will be regular production, I won't worry too much about them. Very tasty and powerful, it is very much like the CG and robustos, and definitely better than the tubos.

Has anyone gotten to try the new Tat exclusive for TAA?

Brutus2600 09-20-2011 10:51 AM

Got a box of the regular release when they were released a couple months ago, one of my favorite Tatuaje sticks for sure! $205 w/ tax is a good price, I believe I paid $190 shipped for mine (no taxes) so sounds right along the lines of MSRP and not an inflated price.

Zanaspus 09-20-2011 11:05 AM

I had one last week. :dr:dr:dr

neoflex 09-20-2011 11:11 AM

Like Beagle said they have been out for a couple months now. I would know as these are one of my favorites right now and I am a downright ho for them.:D :r Best black release since the original jar release in my opinion. So much so that after being gifted one of the pre-releases I immediately started hunting them down. I am just glad they are now a regular production stick.

scoot 09-20-2011 01:21 PM

It seems I'm behind the times a bit.

CRIMPS 09-20-2011 04:34 PM

I have been thinking about trying a few of these. Not sure about buying a box at this point, though. I hear good things and prefer this size...

Beagleone 09-20-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRIMPS (Post 1415225)
I have been thinking about trying a few of these. Not sure about buying a box at this point, though. I hear good things and prefer this size...

:hy

Oh that was the wrong thing to say with the herf coming up.... -(P

688sonarmen 09-20-2011 07:20 PM

After burning through a fiver of the initial release (O.R whatever you want to call it) I am waiting on a box to ship once back-order shows up.

ckay 09-21-2011 09:33 PM

Take em out of the box. The box smells like laquer.

neoflex 09-22-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckay (Post 1416671)
Take em out of the box. The box smells like laquer.

It's not laquer your smelling. The box was made from MDF and sleeved with a Spanish cedar liner. The smell your getting is from the MDF and should have no ill effect on your sticks. I smelled a box at a shop where they removed the sticks from the foil and the MDF actually ended up soaking up the tobacco smell and the box no longer smelled like the MDF. If your storing for long term I would keep the sticks in the foil.
To be honest when I first got my box I removed the sticks too until I found out where that unique smell was coming from.

STEVE S 09-22-2011 07:56 AM

I really like this tasty little cigar, so I purchased a box.

hscmit 09-22-2011 08:13 AM

great stick and pretty easy to pick up right now

Brooks W 09-22-2011 10:03 AM

Has anyone else thought there is a significant difference between the OR (from Tobacco Grove) and the sticks that were released right after that, and what we are seeing now? I swear the flavors are not even CLOSE to the ORs...just more muted to me?

Or am I crazy?

neoflex 09-22-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooks W (Post 1417019)
Has anyone else thought there is a significant difference between the OR (from Tobacco Grove) and the sticks that were released right after that, and what we are seeing now? I swear the flavors are not even CLOSE to the ORs...just more muted to me?

Or am I crazy?

I will have to smoke one of each back to back to check and see. Have you smoked them back to back? I'm wondering if the ones shipping now are slightly muted from having a little more age on them from when everyone was first smoking the ORs. Just a guess.