Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   c & d 's best tobacco ? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36819)

Eli18 09-26-2010 12:12 AM

c & d 's best tobacco ?

i am going on a tour of the c and d tobacco factory in a couple of weeks and was goin to buy some tobacco that i have not tried yet.

BigFrank 09-26-2010 07:57 AM

Re: c & d 's best tobacco ?

If I'm not mistaken they offer 1oz samples of there tobaccos. I would just pick up a bunch of those to try out.

Emjaysmash 09-26-2010 07:59 AM

That is awesome! take pics if you can!

VirtualSmitty 09-26-2010 10:29 AM

Nice review. Enjoy your your visit.

NCRadioMan 09-26-2010 10:36 AM

I think I have mentioned it to you before but I really like Odessa, Tuggle Hall, Epiphony, Super Balkan and Star of the East.

MarkinAZ 10-04-2010 09:53 PM

I've only have tried one C&D blend which is the Havana Daydream. This is really a sweet smoking blend that puts you right into the zone:dr

As mentioned above, if you can secure an ounce of this in your sampler, it would be well worth it!

loki 10-04-2010 10:13 PM

crosseyed cricket or if you can find it, constipated cockroach

yachties23 10-04-2010 10:23 PM

JYD is pretty good, and Bayou Morning flake is a really good VaPer.

BigFrank 10-05-2010 02:46 PM

I've tried a few of there bulk blends but was rather unimpressed to be honest. Bayou Morning was ok for a va/per but there are better blends out there for a similar price.

Zeaward 10-08-2010 05:07 AM

Bayou Morning (original non-flake), Epiphany, Habana Daydream are among my favorite smokes. Although not a favorite of mine, Butternut Burley has been a highly rated C&D aromatic (or semi-aromatic) offering. I understand that their bestselling aromatic is Autumn Evening, which I have on order and should get it today.

Zanaspus 10-10-2010 12:43 PM

1 word;

Big & Burley :banger

The only weed I smoke daily.
Disclaimer: It packs a wallop!

BlackDog 10-10-2010 09:00 PM

C&D does burley blends better than anyone else, so definitely look that direction. Junkyard Dog, Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, Star of the East, Ephiphany. You'll enjoy your visit, Craig and Patty are good people.

Tobacmon 10-11-2010 03:24 AM

I was not impressed with the Burley Flake #3 but was told to jar it for a bit and retry it--Awaiting for that to happen--:)--Suggestions?

nate560 10-12-2010 07:10 PM

Not a big fan of most of there blends but there are a few I like.

Opening Night
Sunday Picnic
Briar Fox
Exhausted Rooster
Bayou Morning Flake

the MacDonald 10-13-2010 07:31 AM

I have hear a lot of positive things about their burleys, but for me it is Star of the East.

RevSmoke 10-13-2010 01:04 PM

#417P Night Train, #416 Plantation Evening, Bow-legged Bear, Back Porch (yours truly came up with the initial blend idea).

Great folks!

Enjoy the visit and tell them that I said hello.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Eli18 10-18-2010 08:06 PM

now i have a favorite Da Vinci

Slow Triathlete 10-19-2010 09:09 AM

Night Train is my favorite from them. I will caution you that it is not for beginner smokers. It packs a punch.

What part of NC are you from Eli? I'm over in Wilmington.

NCRadioMan 10-19-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Triathlete (Post 1028627)
Night Train is my favorite from them. I will caution you that it is not for beginner smokers. It packs a punch.

What part of NC are you from Eli? I'm over in Wilmington.

He is from my neck of the woods, Scott. Very rare. Westsieeeed represent! :r

He came in the shop a few times and I told him about CA.

hammondc 10-27-2010 08:06 PM

Oh yeah...C&D is good stuff. GREAT people too. Another vote from me for Autumn Evening. LOVE it. Also votes for some of their aromatics especially #210 Berry Good, #300 Apricots and Cream or #700 Dark Chocolate. The aromatics tend to burn hot and you ill get some tongue bite if you are not careful. However, I often smoke around some folks that hate cigar or cigarette smoke, and these three draw the people in--especially Apricots n Cream.

Also, Manhattan Afternoon and Bayou morning are excellet. They also sell the Two Friends brand-I really like the Heritage blend.

I used to live in Rock Hill, SC and made the trip to the store once.