Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Atlantic Cigar security breach (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72742)

Tio Gato 03-20-2017 05:09 PM

Atlantic Cigar security breach

Today I received a letter from Atlantic Cigar. Customer identification and credit card info has been stolen or breached.:na
Just a heads up for those who purchase from them.

Weelok 03-20-2017 05:23 PM

Re: Atlantic Cigar security breach

I didn't get a warning email from them. It would not surprise me of a data breach but to be safe I would treat the email you got as a Phishing attempt and not respond to it he email. Changing passwords and other options are smart but I am pretty certain the credit information is encrypted on Atlantic but I could be wrong. Better safe then sorry.

Brlesq 03-20-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 2119529)
I didn't get a warning email from them. It would not surprise me of a data breach but to be safe I would treat the email you got as a Phishing attempt and not respond to it he email. Changing passwords and other options are smart but I am pretty certain the credit information is encrypted on Atlantic but I could be wrong. Better safe then sorry.

It was not an email; it was a good old fashioned letter. I got one too. Data breach for sure. I never keep my credit card on file, and I never use a real birthdate ('cuz I will always be 39!:)), so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the most they get from my file is name and address (which is what you can get out of the phone book anyway).

Weelok 03-20-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tio Gato (Post 2119525)
Today I received a letter from Atlantic Cigar. Customer identification and credit card info has been stolen or breached.:na
Just a heads up for those who purchase from them.

Oh, wait, letter!!!! Wow, that is official. I assumed email and no emailed warnings but I will check the mail. Sounds like a new CC number will be necessary.

Tio Gato 03-20-2017 05:29 PM

Thanks Dave. This was an actual letter. They're providing a year of credit monitoring, etc.
Just to be safe I'm gonna call my credit card provider and ask their advice.

Weelok 03-20-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tio Gato (Post 2119534)
Thanks Dave. This was an actual letter. They're providing a year of credit monitoring, etc.
Just to be safe I'm gonna call my credit card provider and ask their advice.

I can't see how to change my password on Atlantics website. Bleh. Ok, credit watch going up and a new CC probably. Bleh but I have credit monitoring already as I lack faith in non-cigar smokers hahahaha. I will let the CC company know as well.

Thanks for the warning!!!!!!

Brlesq 03-20-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 2119538)
I can't see how to change my password on Atlantics website.

Go to Manage my Account

sigsauer 03-20-2017 08:41 PM

yup I got one too

T.G 03-20-2017 09:43 PM

I got a rock.

icehog3 03-20-2017 11:40 PM

I knew I never ordered from Atlantic for a reason! ;) ;s

Wharf Rat 03-21-2017 03:31 AM

It was their credit card processing service, Aptos, that was hacked - not their website. It never hurts to change passwords, but that's not where the problem occurred.

https://www.databreaches.net/aptos-m...retail-stores/

tsolomon 03-21-2017 06:40 AM

I got the letter yesterday, but haven't purchased anything from them in several years.