Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Apple iOS 11 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73333)

pnoon 09-21-2017 09:05 AM

Apple iOS 11

Anyone installed Apple iOS 11 yet?
Reactions?

av8tor152d 09-21-2017 09:27 AM

Re: Apple iOS 11

I will give it a couple weeks before I do, give them time to find the bugs and release the non-beta version lol

pnoon 09-21-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by av8tor152d (Post 2133272)
I will give it a couple weeks before I do, give them time to find the bugs and release the non-beta version lol

That's what I was thinking, too.

I was just wondering if anyone went ahead with the install and had some feedback.

cthulnado 09-21-2017 09:36 AM

I've been on the Beta for the past month or so and I love it.

On my iPhone 7 Plus - I really like the new control panel and the battery life is excellent. The new app store is really nice, especially now that it is being updated.

On my iPad Pro 12.7" - Dock is amazing, multitasking amazing, side by side amazing... just all around fantastic.

Its a great update with some small tweaks and new features.

kelmac07 09-21-2017 09:54 AM

Downloading as we speak. (7+)

bonjing 09-21-2017 09:55 AM

Just updated on i5 I like the new texting features/effects. That's all I noticed on my phone.

CigarNut 09-21-2017 10:09 AM

I updated shortly after it was released. Much better on my iPad Pro than it is on my iPhone 7+. Not that the iPhone version. Is bad, but the iPad version is more feature-rich.

One thing to note: the icons to disable Bluetooth and WiFi in the Control Panel work differently on iOS 11. They disconnect any devices, but do not actually turn the services off. This is by design (“a feature”) and not an accident.

Also, any 32bit apps you may have will stop working.

Anyway, no problems so far.

Beagleone 09-21-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2133283)
One thing to note: the icons to disable Bluetooth and WiFi in the Control Panel work differently on iOS 11. They disconnect any devices, but do not actually turn the services off. This is by design (“a feature”) and not an accident.

Thanks, I was wondering about that last night after I updated my 6+. SO far, no problems, but it is still early. Going to pla around with it more tonight.

Weelok 09-21-2017 11:31 AM

Just finished installing, learning it now

Weelok 09-21-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2133283)

Ah, thanks! So settings it is to turn them off to save power. Interesting but great to know.

I like the new keyboard so you can pull down the shift key alternates to swipe them per se instead of hitting the shift key. Better feel but this will take some getting used to as well as the keyboard looks a bit cluttered. I do like the idea though, just have to form some new habits.

jledou 09-21-2017 11:48 AM

I upgraded an iPad this morning but have not had a chance to play with it much. It does look interesting.

Wharf Rat 09-21-2017 04:26 PM

I put it on my iPad yesterday. So far, pretty neat! I think I will like the new keyboard but, don't try it out first when putting in a password...

AdamJoshua 09-21-2017 05:57 PM

I am hoping they change the WiFi and BluT functionality on the control panel, I took tend to kill those things to conserve battery life if I need to and it was very convenient there.

I had the missing Visual Voicemail thing happen but was able to fix it easily enough, only took trying 4 different things.

The "old man text" seems to affect more of the system now, things are VERY LARGE, oh if it were only that easy.

I haven't messed around with the new texting features yet. Did see you can mess around with screen shots you take on your device before saving them.

I like the "share password" for your home networks, if someone else is trying to connect to a network you are on (at home only?) you can hit a button and share the password with them, no more hunting for it and putting it in wrong 3 times.

There is also the "DND while driving feature" which is pretty cool.

G G 09-21-2017 07:07 PM

I have been running it since the public beta 2 on my iphone 7 plus and ipad air 2. I love it so far. Especially the ipad because it’s much more like a macbook now.

aaron72 09-24-2017 09:55 AM

There are reports of it breaking email connectivity with Exchange and Office 365, so for those of you that use those email services or support iPhones on the IT side, be aware.

pnoon 09-24-2017 10:17 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
Wife and I have an iPhone 6 and brand new iPads.
I may pull the trigger here shortly.

Weelok 09-24-2017 10:57 AM

Perhaps it’s my imagination but my phone battery isn’t lasting quite as long as pre iOS 11?

bonjing 09-24-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 2133512)
Perhaps it’s my imagination but my phone battery isn’t lasting quite as long as pre iOS 11?

Just like other things, stop playing with it so much :r

CigarNut 09-24-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 2133512)

After the install you should go through your apps and update the location-services settings. I noticed the some of the settings needed to be adjusted.

Beagleone 09-25-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2133533)
After the install you should go through your apps and update the location-services settings. I noticed the some of the settings needed to be adjusted.

Good call, need to check those settings again.

FB Messenger had a freak out on Friday night; it was just crashing all of the time whenever I tried to got on it to send out messages. Delete/reinstall didn't work the first three times, but I finally got it reinstalled the next day. Apple released the update last night.

So far I am liking iOS11, but I do need to upgrade my 6plus soon.