Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do I need a new B&M? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46063)

ysr_racer 05-29-2011 09:37 PM

Do I need a new B&M?

My local B&M is killing me.

A couple of weeks ago I went in for a mild-med cigar. They sold me a few EP Carrillo Short Run's.

This week they sold me Oliva Serie V.

Are these mild-med cigars to you guys, cause they're kicking my butt.

chippewastud79 05-29-2011 09:45 PM

Re: Do I need a new B&M?

Do some reading here to find some cigars that may fit your tastes better. Sometimes people have more nicotine tollerance than others, likely the case here. Mild-med to some may be full to others, I find both to be medium personally. :tu

SvilleKid 05-29-2011 10:04 PM

Don't know about the EP's. The V's are on the strong side of medium. I'm good with the V's....... IF I've been smoking on a semi-regular basis. If its been a couple of weeks, the V's can get my head swirling a little bit. But my V lanceros are one of my favorites, so I usually smoke them to the nub, regardless!!

Since the guys at the B & M probably smoke on a daily basis, they would have a higher nicotine tolerance, and would be used to stronger cigars. Thus, they smoke medium to stronger sticks and don't get the same hit from them that an occasional smoker would.

CoreyD 05-29-2011 10:08 PM

alot of Cusano's that I gift and romeo Y juliet are easy smoking for my medium-mild friends

Bill86 05-29-2011 10:15 PM

IMHO if someone asked for Mild-medium I would assume they meant the lower end of medium.

IMHO The Oliva V's are a MEDIUM. Not high or low end, but medium, certainly not near mild or even mild - medium. The Short runs were probably the same MEDIUM.

They should be recommending you RyJ RR's/EPC New wave Connecticut or other Connecticut's, Oliva G's.

I agree with Cliff 100%, when I worked at a B&M I smoked 2-5 cigars a day. I had no problems doing My fathers back to back with Tatuajes and Illusione HL Candelas...with more My Fathers.

Basically the people who work their usually have quite a tolerance for nicotine.

T.G 05-29-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysr_racer (Post 1278779)
A couple of weeks ago I went in for a mild-med cigar. They sold me a few EP Carrillo Short Run's.

That cigar is a solid medium. If you are looking for milder, go for the EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut.

As previously stated, look around here for mild cigar suggestions. Maybe ask the guys at the B&M for "Mild" cigars and maybe they'll give you the mild-medium you are looking for. If that doesn't work, ask them for "airballs" (not to be confused with LFD Airbenders).

ysr_racer 05-29-2011 10:26 PM

Thanks,

I did some googling and it looks like Oliva Connecticut Reserve or EPC New Wave Connecticut may be more my style.

Jbailey 05-29-2011 10:31 PM

I would suggest the Oliva CE lonsdale.

awsmith4 05-29-2011 11:09 PM

Cabaiguan, not the Guapo (though it is a fantastic smoke) but just the base Cabaiguan line. They are mild in body but lots of flavor.

Jbailey 05-29-2011 11:17 PM

I agree with Albert. The cabaiguan corona extra is a great smoke.

ysr_racer 05-29-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 1278873)
Cabaiguan, not the Guapo (though it is a fantastic smoke) but just the base Cabaiguan line. They are mild in body but lots of flavor.

Thanks. What's it called?

awsmith4 05-29-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysr_racer (Post 1278893)
Thanks. What's it called?

Cab Ah Guan its made by Tatuaje (tatoo a hey)

Those are not official phonetic pronunciations :D

http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/sm...line=Cabaiguan

CigarNut 05-30-2011 12:31 AM

You don't need a new B&M -- you just need to put a little less faith in the inexperienced help and more faith in yourself. Anyone with experience at a B&M should be able to help you but most often you run into staff who don't know anything about cigars.

Buy some samplers, experiment and take notes. You'll figure out what sticks you like and which you don't and from there you can build a profile of the kinds of cigars that you like.