Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Room Note Tobaccos? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68727)

blugill 01-05-2015 06:37 AM

Room Note Tobaccos?

Just on the leading edge of learning to smoke a pipe after many years of cigars.
Not giving up cigars just adding this to the enjoyment of the leaf.
I never smoke cigars inside but I understand there are some pipe tobaccos that can be smoked inside without the lingering smoke smells or they are pleasant smells.

Am I wrong in this understanding and if not what brands can be easily enjoyed in a living room for example?

Subvet642 01-05-2015 07:04 AM

Re: Room Note Tobaccos?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugill (Post 2010192)
Just on the leading edge of learning to smoke a pipe after many years of cigars.
Not giving up cigars just adding this to the enjoyment of the leaf.
I never smoke cigars inside but I understand there are some pipe tobaccos that can be smoked inside without the lingering smoke smells or they are pleasant smells.

Am I wrong in this understanding and if not what brands can be easily enjoyed in a living room for example?

They're called aromatics and there are thousands of them. Some of them can be pretty light in the taste department if you're used to cigars, like I am. There are also "crossovers"; English blends with some flavoring components, like G.L. Pease Barbary Coast, which has a pleasant room note. A regular aromatic that I like is Comoy's Cask Nš2 Portwood: good clean tobacco flavors with hints of chocolate, vanilla and port wine, very nice room note. I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will check in with more suggestions and info.

The.Sheepdog 01-05-2015 07:32 AM

If you have a woman in the house you might as well get over smoking indoors. Out on the porch she loves my pipes blends. But said if I tried it in my office or anywhere in the house mayhem would ensue.

Chics just dont get what's important to us guys. Now if it is your house and single you can have a GF live in or stay sometimes and tell her she has no rights then you can smoke indoors like a king!

"make me a sammich!" So much for dreams anyway.

RevSmoke 01-05-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 2010195)
They're called aromatics and there are thousands of them. Some of them can be pretty light in the taste department if you're used to cigars, like I am. There are also "crossovers"; English blends with some flavoring components, like G.L. Pease Barbary Coast, which has a pleasant room note. A regular aromatic that I like is Comoy's Cask Nš2 Portwood: good clean tobacco flavors with hints of chocolate, vanilla and port wine, very nice room note. I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will check in with more suggestions and info.

Do not expect that just because it smells good in the air while being smoked means that your wife will like the smell after it settles into the furniture. They do indeed smell very nice to those nearby while being smoked, but...

Now, if that's OK, I will suggest Two Friends Celtic Mist. I have found it to be the most enjoyable to the smoker while giving a very pleasant room note.

The.Sheepdog 01-05-2015 01:13 PM

Furiously scribbling notes on 2 friends Celtic Mist! On the try list!

Subvet642 01-06-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog (Post 2010200)
If you have a woman in the house you might as well get over smoking indoors. Out on the porch she loves my pipes blends. But said if I tried it in my office or anywhere in the house mayhem would ensue.

Chics just dont get what's important to us guys. Now if it is your house and single you can have a GF live in or stay sometimes and tell her she has no rights then you can smoke indoors like a king!

"make me a sammich!" So much for dreams anyway.

My wife loves the smell of tobacco, so I smoke wherever the hell I want. :banger

badbriar 01-06-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 2010412)
My wife loves the smell of tobacco, so I smoke wherever the hell I want. :banger

UH-HUH...
My wife said same thing, then the other estrogen laced banshee in the house got involved - my daughter. She got my wife to banish me to the porch!
MY porch now! :D

The.Sheepdog 01-06-2015 07:44 AM

Then add menopause to the equation! This is the real reason Tyrannosaurus Rex is extinct!

Subvet642 01-06-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2010423)
UH-HUH...
My wife said same thing, then the other estrogen laced banshee in the house got involved - my daughter. She got my wife to banish me to the porch!
MY porch now! :D

I've been doin' it for almost 20 years now. Besides, it's just me, her and the cats. Hell, she lets me smoke in her room. I think the smell has good associations for her; her father smoked a pipe when she was a girl.

Slow Triathlete 02-11-2015 01:21 PM

Some blends that I get the most compliments on room note:

C & D - Autumn Evening
pipes & cigars - Scotty's Blends - Trout Stream
SG - Firedance Flake
Lane Limited - Irish Cream

Subvet642 02-12-2015 12:28 AM

The wife told me yesterday that she likes the smell of Nightcap. :sh

RevSmoke 02-12-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 2017679)
The wife told me yesterday that she likes the smell of Nightcap. :sh

You have a wife that you should hug! :tu

Slow Triathlete 02-12-2015 02:18 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, I haven't smoked it in a while but I used to get complimented on Stanwell's Melange and Larsen's Signature Vintage Mixture.

Subvet642 02-12-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevSmoke (Post 2017701)
You have a wife that you should hug! :tu

She's a strange girl.