Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Score!! Two for 1 tins!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10195)

JaKaacH 02-12-2009 10:26 PM

Score!! Two for 1 tins!!

While on a job in Council Bluffs Iowa earlier this week I noticed a smoke shop while at lunch. After work I decided to swing by to see if they might have a great cigar priced right or some old Oliva Master Blend 1's in the corner of the humidor...No such luck!!
BUT after looking through the humi and not finding much to intrest me I turned around and spotted some tins on a table with a big sign..Clearance 2 for 1 Pipe Tobacco.
I noticed two price tags on each tin, one for $8.95 and a lower one for $3.95, thinking the lower price was the new marked down price..No this deal gets better, just like the sign said 2 for 1.....2 tins for $3.95!!!
Sounds selfish but I wished they had a couple dozen more tins for that price...Take that Mr. SCHIP....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...IMG_1278-1.jpg

DrDubzz 02-12-2009 10:28 PM

Re: Score!! Two for 1 tins!!

awesome deal! I have some of the Larsen baccy, it's pretty good if you like raspberries

not had the others, but sweet find on the 965

subotaj 02-13-2009 04:23 PM

Signature is nice, the problem with Larsen baccy is that sometimes they are Too sweet for my taste.

DrDubzz 02-13-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subotaj (Post 233975)
Signature is nice, the problem with Larsen baccy is that sometimes they are Too sweet for my taste.

it's definitely sweet, but if you're in the mood for sweet, it's quite good

GWN 02-13-2009 04:48 PM

I recently paid $26 Canadian for a Dunhill tin up here. Yours is one helluva deal!

Curly Cut 02-13-2009 05:11 PM

jeff, that could be a helluva steal if those Dunhill tins are Murrays era. you could ebay them off (that's why i try to spot old dunhill tins when i'm out of town on business - i only like 1 of their blends).
have you had erinmore flake before? it's an aromatic, like a dark licorice flavor, i thought someone spilled nyquil in my tobacco. it does have a loyal following.

JaKaacH 02-13-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Cut (Post 234020)
jeff, that could be a helluva steal if those Dunhill tins are Murrays era. you could ebay them off (that's why i try to spot old dunhill tins when i'm out of town on business - i only like 1 of their blends).
have you had erinmore flake before? it's an aromatic, like a dark licorice flavor, i thought someone spilled nyquil in my tobacco. it does have a loyal following.

No I have not tried the Erinmore before. But I don't mind a black licorice flavor, unless it too strong.
OK I have to ask, how do you tell if the Dunhill tins are Murray's era. I see nothing on the tins relating to Murrays.

Curly Cut 02-13-2009 06:58 PM

first, it will say "made in the UK" on the outter rim of the top tin label - if it says EU, then it's made by Orlik.
flip the tin over, if it has a small rectangular distribution stamp from Lane, about 3/4" high x 1 1/4" wide, it's a good chance that it's made by Murrays (if it's a large round sticker, then it's Orlik).

i can't see your photo very well, but i don't see any "royal warrant" or funky "tails" type font on the word dunhill, which would probably make them from the 70s-late 80s and command a ton of money... but they aren't those.

a lot of dunhill tobacco fans prefer the Murrays era tins flavors over Orlik, and they command more money - sometimes, shockingly more.

we had a big discussion on this over on CS, i'll see if i can find it.
here's 1 topic, with photos linked in it.
another with some photos attached of the sticker i spoke about.
here's an interesting article about Dunhill tobaccos and who makes them.

sorry, i'm a dumbass. i have some photos of Murrays era stuff i sold a while back on IPC.

KazzTheMurse 02-15-2009 06:27 PM

Good Deal!

BPCR 02-27-2009 05:43 PM

great score ....:salute: