Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Finally Broke 50 Degrees (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29593)

rhmalone 03-08-2010 04:58 PM

Finally Broke 50 Degrees

What a gorgeous pre-spring day! Not knowing how long this will last (for I fear we haven't seen the end of the white death just yet), I just had to maximize the evening today after work. I swung by the store picked up a bag of charcoal, and was bound and determined to grill some wonderful looking steaks I'd picked up the other day.

I love my little Webber, I really do. It was so nice to say hello again after the winter hibernation. She came to life like a real champ. While the coals were gaining heat, I decided to fill up a bowl of Tinder Box : Skilling, which seemed the perfect compliment to such a fine evening.

It was!

My daughter swung on the swing (first time in a long time) and filled the air with her laughter (such joy). The steaks grilled up perfect and while I sat there taking it all in I couldn't help but wish for the moment to never end.

Hmm, I wonder if I can do it all again tomorrow?

G G 03-08-2010 05:10 PM

Re: Finally Broke 50 Degrees

Sounds good. We are sposed to be in the 70s all week. Looking forward to it myself.:tu

captain53 03-08-2010 05:26 PM

We hit 71 but clouds and rain moving in for the rest of the week - weather sux in the ozarks!

Smokin Gator 03-08-2010 05:51 PM

Loving the weather right now... and can't wait for some serious heat.

boom 03-08-2010 05:54 PM

65 cool degrees here and lovin it!!!

kelmac07 03-08-2010 05:55 PM

Was 63 here in Virginia!! :tu

Razorhog 03-08-2010 05:58 PM

Was 75 here in the Mississippi delta, beautiful day. I already killed two mosquitoes!!

Curly Cut 03-09-2010 09:05 AM

we finally hit the 50s in the KC area yesterday and over the weekend. threat of rain, to do list, and then actual rain kinda ruined breaking out the new Weber grill...
when i finally sat down for a smoke, it was back in the low 40s with a strong wind, had to head back into the garage.

rhmalone 03-09-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Cut (Post 787634)
we finally hit the 50s in the KC area yesterday and over the weekend. threat of rain, to do list, and then actual rain kinda ruined breaking out the new Weber grill...
when i finally sat down for a smoke, it was back in the low 40s with a strong wind, had to head back into the garage.

Thank goodness for the garage though. I was out in mine the other night enjoying a cigar with a buddy when all of a sudden the power in the whole block blew. That put an abrupt end to the cigars as it was too cold to hang out for very long.

andrew 03-09-2010 10:27 PM

Tomorrow its supposed to be 71 degrees and stormy. A perfect day to sit on the back porch and have a bowl or two. Mighty fine.

rhmalone 03-10-2010 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew (Post 788540)
Tomorrow its supposed to be 71 degrees and stormy. A perfect day to sit on the back porch and have a bowl or two. Mighty fine.

Enjoy that! Sounds wonderful...

JohnnyKay5 03-10-2010 07:11 AM

high five to good weather

G G 03-10-2010 07:40 AM

75 here today. woohoo

elderboy02 03-10-2010 08:03 AM

It has been so nice in Cincinnati this week. :banger

WyGuy 03-14-2010 02:33 PM

Finally got some decent weather here back in Minnesota, 55 and sunny! Enjoying some of Boswell's Christmas Cookie out on the deck right now.

RevSmoke 03-14-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhmalone (Post 786826)
What a gorgeous pre-spring day! Not knowing how long this will last (for I fear we haven't seen the end of the white death just yet), I just had to maximize the evening today after work. I swung by the store picked up a bag of charcoal, and was bound and determined to grill some wonderful looking steaks I'd picked up the other day.

I love my little Webber, I really do. It was so nice to say hello again after the winter hibernation. She came to life like a real champ. While the coals were gaining heat, I decided to fill up a bowl of Tinder Box : Skilling, which seemed the perfect compliment to such a fine evening.

It was!

My daughter swung on the swing (first time in a long time) and filled the air with her laughter (such joy). The steaks grilled up perfect and while I sat there taking it all in I couldn't help but wish for the moment to never end.

Hmm, I wonder if I can do it all again tomorrow?

I've been grilling all winter, love my Weber as well. Now, I can understand why the daughter hadn't been on the swing, but does this mean you didn't eat steak, or brats, or burgers, or ribs, all winter? THose things always get grilled - never cooked in any other manner.

It is so great to cook out with the grill in the winter. One of the really nice things is that the neighbors cannot smell what you are grilling and so come over with puppy dog eyes that beg for some. :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

captain53 03-14-2010 03:50 PM

48 with light north wind and occasional misting rain in the Ozarks today and it SUX! Been this way since Friday.:bh:fl:c

rhmalone 03-14-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevSmoke (Post 794035)
I've been grilling all winter, love my Weber as well. Now, I can understand why the daughter hadn't been on the swing, but does this mean you didn't eat steak, or brats, or burgers, or ribs, all winter? THose things always get grilled - never cooked in any other manner.

It is so great to cook out with the grill in the winter. One of the really nice things is that the neighbors cannot smell what you are grilling and so come over with puppy dog eyes that beg for some. :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

For the most part... at least not grilled. I kept the cars tucked away must of the winter and when they're in there, there isn't really any room for anything else, including the grill :td