Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Where did my post go? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41903)

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 10:08 AM

Where did my post go?

So what, no posting items for sale?

Devanmc 01-31-2011 10:11 AM

Re: Where did my post go?

that is correct. You must wait, as all of us have, to be allowed into the WTS and WTB section.

Zeuceone 01-31-2011 10:14 AM

Try introducing yourself for a start.

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 10:14 AM

Ahhhh... I must have missed that rule. Is it a so many post thing or what?

Devanmc 01-31-2011 10:18 AM

yes post count and time. walk on over to http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and introduce yourself. Lots of good info about the site aswell.

poker 01-31-2011 10:18 AM

Given time & participation in the community will eventually open up other rooms to you.

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 10:19 AM

Well let's see, I smoked cigars for about 10 years and I am looking to sell something. Not much into smoking cigars these days, it was really a hard habit to pass on as I really do enjoy them. I just figured I am better off with out them at this point in my life. Have nothing against them, I mean I hate to say all this when talking to a bunch of people who love cigars.

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devanmc (Post 1155639)
yes post count and time. walk on over to http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and introduce yourself. Lots of good info about the site aswell.

I'll check it out.

shilala 01-31-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visitor Q (Post 1155644)
Well let's see, I smoked cigars for about 10 years and I am looking to sell my large end table humidor that Bob Staebell made. Not much into smoking cigars these days, it was really a hard habit to pass on as I really do enjoy them. I just figured I am better off with out them at this point in my life. Have nothing against them, I mean I hate to say all this when talking to a bunch of people who love cigars.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. I'm sure no one will dump on you for it.
I'm sure you'd enjoy your stay if only for sharing your knowledge, and the friendship. :tu

neoflex 01-31-2011 10:25 AM

Is this something new you are feeling or has this been a decision you have been following for some time now? Reason I ask is because I think most cigar smokers hit a stage where we just don't feel it and take some time off. For me I hit this stage maybe once a year. I take a month or two off and than I am back in the saddle. It has been some time since I have been in this funk because my smoking has been limited the last year or so but I think it is safe to assume that it happens to most of us. I saw your previous post and it was a nice piece. Would just hate to see you unload it only to find out a couple months later your back in the groove and purchasing and smoking cigars again.

poker 01-31-2011 10:53 AM

I understand. Sorry to hear about you letting the hobby go.
Try to understand though why we have the wait time in place. We have had folks on numerous occasions join us not for any other reason but to unload something that folks may, or may not, ever receive. They have also joined for no reason other than to advertise their ebay listing trying to get more bids. Having a wait time/participation level requirement minimizes this from happening.

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoflex (Post 1155656)
Is this something new you are feeling or has this been a decision you have been following for some time now? Reason I ask is because I think most cigar smokers hit a stage where we just don't feel it and take some time off. For me I hit this stage maybe once a year. I take a month or two off and than I am back in the saddle. It has been some time since I have been in this funk because my smoking has been limited the last year or so but I think it is safe to assume that it happens to most of us. I saw your previous post and it was a nice piece. Would just hate to see you unload it only to find out a couple months later your back in the groove and purchasing and smoking cigars again.

It would be a lie to say I don’t enjoy smoking a good cigar and as you saw by the humidor I have, it was serious business. ; ) The reason I bought such a large humidor is because I got sick of trying to regulate those small desktop humidors, PITA.

I guess I have too many expensive hobbies and with cigars not getting any cheaper, this was the first to go. Maybe I will enjoy one on occasion, I just no longer feel the need to keep a 30 box stock. : )

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 1155700)
I understand. Sorry to hear about you letting the hobby go.
Try to understand though why we have the wait time in place. We have had folks on numerous occasions join us not for any other reason but to unload something that folks may, or may not, ever receive. They have also joined for no reason other than to advertise their ebay listing trying to get more bids. Having a wait time/participation level requirement minimizes this from happening.

I can respect that. What is the post count, like 50 or 100?

shilala 01-31-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visitor Q (Post 1155713)
I can respect that. What is the post count, like 50 or 100?

It's an ambiguous formula of time, posts, and participation. It's pretty ingenious, and it's a well kept secret. Everyone has gone through it, and I don't think anyone give you an answer. One day it just magically happens. :D

HK3- 01-31-2011 11:17 AM

Keeps the cowboys from acting crazy before their time. -(P

massphatness 01-31-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1155722)
It's an ambiguous formula of time, posts, and participation. It's pretty ingenious, and it's a well kept secret. Everyone has gone through it, and I don't think anyone give you an answer. One day it just magically happens. :D

Think of it like the formula to Coca-Cola or KFC -- except more closely guarded

Visitor Q 01-31-2011 11:38 AM

Ummmmm.... Well, alright then.

pnoon 01-31-2011 11:43 AM

It is what it is.
And for good reason.

:2
Posted via Mobile Device

Devanmc 01-31-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1155722)

I don't even know if its a specific anything. I think it might be these crazy admins watching us and deciding when we are trust worthy...
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve 01-31-2011 08:57 PM

:tf