Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New and Improved (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8060)

Curly Cut 01-14-2009 01:19 PM

New and Improved

How can something "new" be "improved" if it's "new"?

Intro:
New site, so I decided to change my name. A fresh start, clean slate, whatever (not a scary avatar).
Some of you may know me as IHT. I'm here for the pipe discussions. I still smoke cigars every so often, but 95% of the time, it's pipes. 50% of the time, it's 100% Va/Pers. 50% of the 95%, it's 100% VAs. 2% of the 100%, I get tongue bite.

Started smokin pipes in the late 90s. Switched to cigars around '02, while still smokin pipes 5% of the time. In '05, I went back to 100% pipes 95% of the time, while getting tongue bit 2% of the time.

Hello.

DrDubzz 01-14-2009 01:35 PM

Re: New and Improved

Im Ho Tep Welcome!

I was thinking to myself the other day that I hadn't noticed if you had joined over here

glad you're here

BigFrank 01-14-2009 01:50 PM

Welcome IHT, glad to have more experienced pipe smokers aboard.

Slow Triathlete 01-14-2009 01:50 PM

Welcome............again.

Finally another Old Fart that can help us out!!

ultramag 01-14-2009 02:10 PM

Welcome Greg! I'm surprised Spongy didn't join. Either way, it'll be good to have ya around. :tu

Curly Cut 01-14-2009 02:14 PM

I got sick of you bastages bombarding me with PMs to join.
Spongy is waiting for the next BBQ herf so he can spend 2 weeks within arms reach of a toilet and baby wipes, Chad.

Root 01-14-2009 03:33 PM

Al-righty you skeeter want-a-be.;)

Mister Moo 01-14-2009 04:47 PM

IHT is back to International Herald Tribune, then? Fine.

Welcome, Old Curly Fart

Nick 01-14-2009 06:59 PM

Welcome here Greg, you didn't seem to happy with ****.com. This site is real nice.

Curly Cut 01-14-2009 08:47 PM

a couple reasons, Nick. I kept being invited by a handful of ppl over here in the pipe forum. old-CS has gone down the pooper now, worse than i thought it would. i still post on a # of other forums, but the reason i post on pipe forums now is to help newer smokers out, share whatever knowledge i have, and still learn a thing or two along the way. some of the other places i post at, there's hardly anyone new that needs to learn anything. we all just kinda sit there, staring at each other through the smoke.

Dan, name change cuz i didn't want to scare anyone. y'know, those animated gif's can really haunt some ppls dreams.

thx for having me and the invites, guys. i hope to contribute something worth a darn.

woops 01-14-2009 09:47 PM

Man! That's one scary amoeba thingy! It's like it has one off centered eye starring at me! I almost pissed my pants. Creepy!

I hope it doesn't light up.:D

Hi Greg! :)

Curly Cut 01-14-2009 09:52 PM

hey darien. hope all is well up there.
we were just talkin about a herf in KC soon.

woops 01-14-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Cut (Post 170439)
hey darien. hope all is well up there.
we were just talkin about a herf in KC soon.

As I was making the previous post, I was thinking how good it would be to see everyone again. I wish I had more leeway to make the out of town (out of KC area) herfs. I look forward to it.

EvanS 01-14-2009 10:15 PM

Welcome to CA Greg. I STILL can't believe that I never met Spongy at the BBQ HERF.

Curly Cut 01-15-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanS (Post 170470)
Welcome to CA Greg. I STILL can't believe that I never met Spongy at the BBQ HERF.

i can't either, you slept in his house and he drove you to the herf.

ultramag 01-15-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanS (Post 170470)

I heard he was avoiding you. :r

Mister Moo 01-15-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woops (Post 170428)
Man! That's one scary amoeba thingy! It's like it has one off centered eye starring at me! I almost pissed my pants. Creepy!

I hope it doesn't light up...

The curlycut avatar turned my guts to Jello when I first saw it. Totally NSFNS (not safe for non-smokers). I hope he doesn't start whipping out those extra-scary fish emoticons next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . . . . . . . . .
. . ... . ><>
. ><> ...... ... ><> ... .. .
. ><> ..

EvanS 01-15-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultramag (Post 171496)
I heard he was avoiding you. :r

Gee, where did he learn that, Ultranonanswerer? :sad

Curly Cut 01-15-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woops (Post 170452)
As I was making the previous post, I was thinking how good it would be to see everyone again. I wish I had more leeway to make the out of town (out of KC area) herfs. I look forward to it.

i'm thinkin the next one will be down the street from me again, in Bonner Springs - SidePockets, where you had that pipeful of Penzance.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...8/IMG_0976.jpg

Nick 01-15-2009 03:20 PM

I live in one of the most metropolitan areas in the US and i have never heard of a herf around here.

what does herf stand for anyway, i never could figure it out.