Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Flavored VS non flavored. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74118)

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 06:00 PM

Flavored VS non flavored.

I just had my first cigar with no flavor... I don't see the allure... Maybe because it was really cheap. What's the difference? Is a flavor tipped cigar considered flavored? I want to like it but it's weird. Is it "bad" to only like flavored cigars? I need some suggestions on cigars because I don't know much at all but know I like flavor and I don't mean just the natural tabacco lol. Thanks in advanced.

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 06:33 PM

Re: Flavored VS non flavored.

I'm at the third now... I can kind of see why people do like them. I think I prefer flavored cigars though. Any suggestion on flavored cigars? Any suggestion for cigars that AREN'T flavored that flavored cigar smokers would like?

Remo 05-11-2018 06:34 PM

What non flavored are you smoking now?

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2151600)
What non flavored are you smoking now?

Man... I don't even want to say because of how cheap they were... Pure Meyhem by East Coast Rollers...

Remo 05-11-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEZn00ts (Post 2151601)
Man... I don't even want to say because of how cheap they were... Pure Meyhem by East Coast Rollers...

Well, that maybe the problem. Look at the cheap smoke thread here, lots of decent smokes for decent prices, that might help get you into the non favored. Around here people say “smoke what you like” but most of us are the non flavored type. But there are so many good smokes out there that will make you forget all about flavored. Keep at it.

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2151602)
Well, that maybe the problem. Look at the cheap smoke thread here, lots of decent smokes for decent prices, that might help get you into the non favored. Around here people say “smoke what you like” but most of us are the non flavored type. But there are so many good smokes out there that will make you forget all about flavored. Keep at it.

I figured. I got another pack of non flavored cigars coming through, lets see what happens. I actually kind of liked the cigar halfway through. Nice earthy, mellow flavor.

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 07:02 PM

I can't seem to find the cheap smoke thread... i'm pretty useless when it comes to searching forums.

nutcracker 05-11-2018 07:06 PM

Mostly flavouring is added to give something to less than stellar tobacco. In the end (with few exceptions) they won’t keep your interest for too long. Find a good cigar lounge and hang out with some smokers. We’ll hook you up!

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2151605)
Mostly flavouring is added to give something to less than stellar tobacco. In the end (with few exceptions) they won’t keep your interest for too long. Find a good cigar lounge and hang out with some smokers. We’ll hook you up!

Good ****, good ****. I was thinking about that too. Need to find a nice place to be able to get away and chill.

icehog3 05-11-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEZn00ts (Post 2151604)
I can't seem to find the cheap smoke thread... i'm pretty useless when it comes to searching forums.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cheap

T.G 05-11-2018 09:41 PM

Also depends on what type/brand of flavored cigars you are smoking. Some of them are over the top flavoring. Some are more subtle. If you are used to the syrupy flavors, then yeah, it might take some time to transition. Assuming you even want to, it's your cigar after all.

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2151618)
Also depends on what type/brand of flavored cigars you are smoking. Some of them are over the top flavoring. Some are more subtle. If you are used to the syrupy flavors, then yeah, it might take some time to transition. Assuming you even want to, it's your cigar after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2151615)

Thanks brothers... I live in the hood and ended up walking into a situation where some kids need some help... I seen a few kids walking home with their mother who was drunk tonight, horribly drunk and walked them home. went into there house and it was a disaster... My life has been changed for the better. I have some mentoring to do... Life is crazy maaaaaan!

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2151618)

o me, flavor is flavor. It seems to me that I need more artificial (if you would call it that) flavor then regular cigars but lets see what happens after I get these Juan Y Ramons.

hwgoesit 05-11-2018 10:29 PM

I like tobacco flavor.
Preferably Cuban tobacco flavored

DEZn00ts 05-11-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwgoesit (Post 2151623)
I like tobacco flavor.
Preferably Cuban tobacco flavored

I'm pretty sure I would like Cuban flavor too. lmfao!:tu:tu

kelmac07 05-11-2018 11:26 PM

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

A lot of people start out smoking "flavored" sticks as "gateway" cigars. Once you develop a palate for "regular" sticks...you'll be hooked. :2

T.G 05-12-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEZn00ts (Post 2151622)
o me, flavor is flavor. It seems to me that I need more artificial (if you would call it that) flavor then regular cigars but lets see what happens after I get these Juan Y Ramons.

Some flavored / infused cigars do use artificial flavors, some do not, I would only call those artificial when they are flavored with such.

I don't know the Juan y Ramon line, but in looking it up, it is listed as a mild cigar. If you are searching for a more intense cigar without added flavors, I would recommend looking for stronger cigars, those described as "medium-full" to "full".

For a starting point that might help with suggestions, stating what cigars are you currently enjoying and what their flavor profiles are like might be of assistance.

Subvet642 05-12-2018 06:19 AM

An inexpensive stick I've been enjoying lately is Baccarat, The Game. You can find fivers at Famous for around $20 or less. They have lightly sweetened caps but the tobacco is non-flavored and I think they're tasty. Also, you can't go too far wrong with Arturo Fuente.

Also, welcome aboard! :salute:

DEZn00ts 05-12-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2151628)
Some flavored / infused cigars do use artificial flavors, some do not, I would only call those artificial when they are flavored with such.

I don't know the Juan y Ramon line, but in looking it up, it is listed as a mild cigar. If you are searching for a more intense cigar without added flavors, I would recommend looking for stronger cigars, those described as "medium-full" to "full".

For a starting point that might help with suggestions, stating what cigars are you currently enjoying and what their flavor profiles are like might be of assistance.

Well I started with what a LOT of people started with. ACID cigars. I had my wife buy me some C Note cigarellos from them and they were great, stepped up to the Blondies and the Blondie Moduro... I had an amazing time smoking the regular Blondie and I like the Maduro a lot as well too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 2151640)
An inexpensive stick I've been enjoying lately is Baccarat, The Game. You can find fivers at Famous for around $20 or less. They have lightly sweetened caps but the tobacco is non-flavored and I think they're tasty. Also, you can't go too far wrong with Arturo Fuente.

I appreciate the welcoming. I'm already going to put them into my wish list. I suspect that it's ok if the tobacco isn't sweetened it's alright as I do like the notes that some tobacco brings, as long as it isn't garbage lol.:r

DEZn00ts 05-12-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 2151640)

Do you prefer Maduro or regular? For the Baccarats. They look great and have great reviews. Also, are all Arturo Fuentes sweet tipped?