Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coolidors are for pu$$ies. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=59267)

the jiggler 11-16-2012 08:30 PM

Coolidors are for pu$$ies.

Now that I've got your attention... let's pretend you are private eye, Mike Hammer, Tracer Bullet, Thomas Magnum, Rockford, whatever resonates. Let's say times are tight, clients are few and far between. You've got a beat up 20 count humi sitting on your desk next to the coffee ringed blotter. You buy one box at a time, fill it up, empty it, repeat, because that is the kind of guy you are. Samplers, fivers, coolidors, tupperdors, all of them are for pussies. The sticks in this humi get you through the day and are are shared with clients, friends, lovers, competitors, whoever walks through the door. The two times you've gotten your picture in the paper you had one between your teeth. You've changed guns. Twice. But never changed cigars. It's your trademark.

What's in your box?

sikk50 11-16-2012 08:33 PM

Re: Coolidors are for pu$$ies.

Hahaha, that was good!

Being a PI probably have a modest salary at best, I'd probably go with something from Padilla or Perdomo.

Robulous78 11-16-2012 08:35 PM

LoL interesting way to start a thread...

For me, I'd have to say some Rocky Patel Honduran blend... Damn good sticks for an even better price... I'd pit them against an OWR-M any day of the week...

Zane 11-16-2012 08:44 PM

For me it's either Oliva V's or LP's of some kind.

iaMkcK 11-16-2012 08:48 PM

Box after box of My Father's Flor De Las Antillas. Maybe a little switch up every now and then with some Tatuaje's or some Drew Estates.. But my go to: FDLA.

Fordman4ever 11-16-2012 08:55 PM

Cain Daytona or Oliva O.

the jiggler 11-16-2012 08:56 PM

Come on you bunch of sissies. Pick. A. Cigar. One. For your trademark. If whoever walks through the door glances askew at it, you punch em in the balls and send them packing. If the heiress seduces you on the desk, you burn one together for dessert. One cigar. One vitola.

Fordman4ever 11-16-2012 09:00 PM

Cain Daytona #4

jjirons69 11-16-2012 09:01 PM

PLPCs - cab at the time

jluck 11-16-2012 09:04 PM

La Gloria Cubana Rabito de Cochino

cmitch 11-16-2012 09:34 PM

Which humi? Small one has Liga Privadas and some varieties of sticks. Big one has LFD Double Ligeros, Work of Art maduros, Between the lines and some from another island. My trademark would have to be the T52 toro.

MrWolf55 11-16-2012 09:36 PM

Well if I was Thomas Magnum it would be a stolen 'canary island' cigar from Higgins' desk
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9...numpicigar.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One of the greatest shows ever written.

To answer your question, Padron Londres in natural wrappers. Delicious cigar that can be enjoyed almost anytime of day, and a great value. Plus, anyone can enjoy one, cigar smoker or not - perfect for passing out. Cool topic btw.

Ashcan Bill 11-16-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the jiggler (Post 1751144)

What's in your box?

JLPs and 158 grain semi-wadcutters.

Porch Dweller 11-16-2012 09:41 PM

Well, let's see. I'm a private dick so I'm not rolling in dough. But I want a cigar that's got enough class so that when the marks come in the door they don't think "why is this guy smoking cat fur rolled in dried llama dung." But not so good that I mind if it gets squashed when I'm pistol-whipping the location of the contessa's emerald necklace out of the two-bit wannabe jewel thief that lifted it from her cabana after the cotillion. I'd go with an AF Hemingway.

Ranger_B 11-16-2012 10:30 PM

La Casita Criolla!

TJarv 11-16-2012 10:44 PM

JJ Maduro

iaMkcK 11-16-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the jiggler (Post 1751160)
Come on you bunch of sissies. Pick. A. Cigar. One. For your trademark. If whoever walks through the door glances askew at it, you punch em in the balls and send them packing. If the heiress seduces you on the desk, you burn one together for dessert. One cigar. One vitola.

lol, I think I was pretty clear with my "Box after box of My Father's Flor De Las Antillas." :-p

LostAbbott 11-16-2012 11:32 PM

ERDM Choxi Supreme. Easy.

Catfish 11-17-2012 12:19 AM

Times being tight, clients few and far between... I'm going with a Don Lino Africa.

ziggy4112003 11-17-2012 12:32 AM

Illusione epernay le ferme, a cigar that shows a connoisseurs palate, and is buttery enough to seduce any fem fatal or damsel in distress. **** the only way I smoke these is al natural; do not judge and do not try and tell me you smoke these clothed because I call bullshit right away on the that one. Issues what I have none, stop looking at me that way pffft :hn: