Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Junk customer service at cheap humidors (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26319)

cory 12-21-2009 04:23 PM

Junk customer service at cheap humidors

Hey all,first post here and my reason for signing up.Just wanted to let people know that the service i got from Cheap Humidors.com was sub par.I ordered this bad boy here http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-150SW.html ,received it today and was pretty excited since i had heard such great things about them.

Open it up and firstly notice the two front "legs" are smashed in and the stain is missing, and i think "wow thats gonna look super great....uh nowhere",so i open her up and notice one of the rectangular wooden "frames" for the humidifiers fell off,great craftsmanship.On top of all that i got charged 60$CAD C.O.D because they didnt send the item as a gift like they are supposed to.I call them up and i get this lady who offers me the choice of either having it picked up and a refund issued(im going to cuba sunday and coming back with three boxes so i sorta need a humidor) or giving me back some cash,15% to be exact.

I tried to haggle and get them to comprehend that i dont want a refund,i want a humidor that isnt damaged and i need it now so i can get it ready for when i get back.So my only real choice is a measly 15% refund and a humi that i have to re-stain and nail some small wood pieces .Who knows if whatever caused this damage caused some damage to the seal.

Anyways,long first post ,im just pissed and disapointed.Im not saying dont deal with Cheaphumidors.com ,just be weary.

bobarian 12-21-2009 04:35 PM

Re: Junk customer service at cheap humidors

So are you mad that a vendor did not falsify importation documents so you could avoid Canadian Taxes?
Or are you mad because they offered to pick up the humidor and refund your money?
Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor?

SmokinApe 12-21-2009 04:38 PM

Welcome aboard! You should post in the "New Inmate" forum and tell us a little about yourself...

krevo 12-21-2009 04:39 PM

Nothing against you and these situations can be frustrating, but I would never buy humidor from a company with the word "cheap" in the name. If the quality isn't somewhat lacking, there's a chance something else is.

NCRadioMan 12-21-2009 04:39 PM

Sounds like good customer service to me.

If you need a place to store smokes, use a clean cooler.

:2

captain53 12-21-2009 04:41 PM

Would not advise going around bosting you plan to make an illegal trip and bring back contraband products on a site you have never used before.

What is unacceptable about a full refund and buying another humidor somewhere else of your choice?

Bax 12-21-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 689616)

By far the best and cost effective solution if not the prettiest.

NCRadioMan 12-21-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 689620)
Would not advise going around bosting you plan to make an illegal trip and bring back contraband products on a site you have never used before.

He's in Canada, eh. :D

NCRadioMan 12-21-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krevo (Post 689615)
Nothing against you and these situations can be frustrating, but I would never buy humidor from a company with the word "cheap" in the name. If the quality isn't somewhat lacking, there's a chance something else is.

I've got three from them and couldn't be happier.

Tenor CS 12-21-2009 04:43 PM

Was this a regular or "imperfect" model? There are lots of guys on here who have had very positive experiences with them, me included.

Starscream 12-21-2009 04:45 PM

Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Welcome to Cigar Asylum, though.:tu

kgoings 12-21-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 689609)
So are you mad that a vendor did not falsify importation documents so you could avoid Canadian Taxes?
Or are you mad because they offered to pick up the humidor and refund your money?
Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor?

:tpd: Which one is it?

Whee 12-21-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenor CS (Post 689628)
Was this a regular or "imperfect" model? There are lots of guys on here who have had very positive experiences with them, me included.

I have one regular and one imperfect. Still don;t know what the imperfections was. Even bought three lighters off of them in the last week. No issues at all here.

maxnmisty435 12-21-2009 05:01 PM

I don't usually reply to these sort of things, but I Have had nothing but great dealings with www.cheaphumidors.com. It seems to me that you should be mad at the shipping company for the damage. The offering of anything would be above and beyond what they should have to do.

SmokinApe 12-21-2009 05:03 PM

I am feeling like a more detailed account of events is in order...

Whee 12-21-2009 05:15 PM

CheapHumidors is a member here. I believe Dave has chimed in before to address issues.

DMK 12-21-2009 05:18 PM

Did Canada Post deliver this or a courier?
Canada post is notorius for 'punting' packages....
File a claim through whoever delivered it.

bobarian 12-21-2009 05:22 PM

Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response. Dave seems like a good guy and has made the offer to pick up and issue a credit. A new humidor could be ordered and delivered by the time Cory returns from his trip. If not the boxes could be temporarily stored in zip lock bags or a cooler. Damaged feet could have happened when shipped and the tops falling off the humidification devices is pretty common. :2

Resipsa 12-21-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 689616)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 689627)
I've got three from them and couldn't be happier.

I've bought from them before, and have been very happy and satisfied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cory (Post 689594)
.I call them up and i get this lady who offers me the choice of either having it picked up and a refund issued(im going to cuba sunday and coming back with three boxes so i sorta need a humidor) or giving me back some cash,15% to be exact.

I tried to haggle and get them to comprehend that i dont want a refund,i want a humidor that isnt damaged and i need it now so i can get it ready for when i get back.

Sounds to me they made an effort to make good. Sound customer services practices.

Out of curiousity, why did you try to haggle (your words) since you don't want a refund (your words).

Out of further curiousity, you want a humidor that isn't damaged (your words) and you need it now (your words).

What would you have her do? Drive to your house and repair the humdior herself??:r

pnoon 12-21-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinApe (Post 689614)
Welcome aboard! You should post in the "New Inmate" forum and tell us a little about yourself...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 689680)
Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response.

To me, that speaks volumes.