Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Have you corrupted anyone lately? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60582)

ashtonlady 02-08-2013 06:08 PM

Have you corrupted anyone lately?

I have been told by people that I send my home roasted beans to that I have corrupted them. Usially that means teaching them that coffee taste better when it doesnt come out of a can or when it is home roasted or both.
This week, I got to send a new Friend in New York a half of a pound of my beans and a blade grinder. Worked like a charm, he told me he is thinking about grinding his own beans. :)

AdamJoshua 02-08-2013 07:30 PM

Re: Have you corrupted anyone lately?

No but I'm willing to learn! :D

Seriously though SD BEERMAN (Larry) roasts his own beans (giggle) and I had a cup or two of his coffee and I'm going to seriously have to think about getting one of the small home bean roasters etc., I drink a lot of coffee and that was the 2nd best cup I've ever had.

Zane 02-08-2013 08:51 PM

I am not a huge coffee person. The g/f is and I am sometimes tempted doing this just for her.

iaMkcK 02-09-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashtonlady (Post 1792969)
I have been told by people that I send my home roasted beans to that I have corrupted them. Usially that means teaching them that coffee taste better when it doesnt come out of a can or when it is home roasted or both.
This week, I got to send a new Friend in New York a half of a pound of my beans and a blade grinder. Worked like a charm, he told me he is thinking about grinding his own beans. :)

Hey Laura, what's up with a care package? Maybe we can do a trade or something, I wouldn't mind trying your beans. I'm getting tired of Charbucks.

tsolomon 02-09-2013 06:17 AM

No, but I have been thinking about getting a Behmor 1600 so I can start. :2

Garbandz 02-23-2013 08:07 AM

Have totally corrupted my barber.Took her some coffee,she jokingly told me that now her hubby is a complete coffee snob.Both are on a new level now when it comes to coffee.

Took some of my "meshugass" blend to my friends at Hendrix Wire Wheel, a Big Healey shop of note in the U.S.,the guys enjoyed the boost while dropping a race motor into a 1955 100-4 currently in the shop..........

The Poet 02-23-2013 12:34 PM

I'm past the age where I corrupt people, honey, and leave it to wild kids like you. ;)

x man 04-07-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaMkcK (Post 1793080)
Hey Laura, what's up with a care package? Maybe we can do a trade or something, I wouldn't mind trying your beans. I'm getting tired of Charbucks.

I`m roasting this week, i can send you some.

Stevez 04-07-2013 06:58 AM

Gotta admit that I've flirted with trying this for a long time and had someone send me a 1/2 pound of their home roasted beans. They were great, but for some reason I've hesitated. I love my coffee and think it's about time to take the plunge. Thanks for sharing. Steve

Chainsaw13 04-07-2013 07:37 AM

Go for it Steve. If you can find the right hot air popper, it's a cheap investment for some of the best tasting coffee you'll ever have.

Stevez 04-10-2013 11:46 AM

Whoops! Look like I've started slipping down the slope! Thanks Laura for your help.

Thanks.

Steve

ashtonlady 04-10-2013 04:04 PM

This is more like a learning curve than a slope.

ashtonlady 04-11-2013 06:13 PM

Incoming

CoreyD 04-17-2013 10:30 AM

I got a few people into it. I myself was corrupted by Revsmoke a couple years ago and have been roasting since. Bought a Freshmore. I do however remember corrupting an old colleague. He started with a corn popper and in a few months had a behmore then started making some out of a rotisserie chicken oven and making chambers for them and selling them on ebay and he roasted lots. Then he made a wrong life decision and now Now he sits in jail ordering crappy coffee and using hot tap water to brew it without a coffee maker.

ashtonlady 04-27-2013 10:04 AM

How is the Roasting going Stevez?

Stevez 04-27-2013 02:02 PM

Hi Laura. So far I've only tried it once and it was very enjoyable. The beans (that you provided thank you!) roasted to a light brown and the brewed coffee was very good, but a bit too mild for me. I'll have to adjust. I've been reading quite a bit, especially on Sweet Maria's and placed my first order for some Columbian beans to roast. I also ordered a burr grinder that hasn't arrived yet (replacing an old blade grinder that wasn't working too well). I have been travelling a lot for work and just been busy, but I am looking forward to trying it in full ernest very shortly. Thanks for all the advice. Steve

mcjoe 04-27-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaMkcK (Post 1793080)

Sometimes i can't help to think that Charbucks is just for the upper class and men it is overrated.

buddhadaddy 04-29-2013 11:58 AM

I try to wreck everyone that will taste the home roast!

Here is a little help in the conversion!!

I do not work for these folks, I just like them and get all of my green beans from them. I asked for a discount for my cigar buddies and they gave me one, here you are.

I spoke with my friends over at Bodhi Leaf and they have graciously offered CA members a 10% discount on all green bean orders!

Simply enter the promo code CIGAR and you will receive the discount!

Go get some beans gents!

http://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/

T.G 04-29-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhadaddy (Post 1827792)
I try to wreck everyone that will taste the home roast!

Here is a little help in the conversion!!

I do not work for these folks, I just like them and get all of my green beans from them. I asked for a discount for my cigar buddies and they gave me one, here you are.

I spoke with my friends over at Bodhi Leaf and they have graciously offered CA members a 10% discount on all green bean orders!

Simply enter the promo code CIGAR and you will receive the discount!

Go get some beans gents!

http://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/

Thanks Doug! They already have better pricing and now this extra 10% :wo

I've been much happier with the product and service that I've received from Bodhi than some other popular vendors.

ashtonlady 04-29-2013 04:50 PM

My main supplier is Uncle BeanZ :) Thank you sir.