Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fuente Curly Head (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69815)

badbriar 06-21-2015 08:22 AM

Fuente Curly Head

I never gave this cigar much attention, due to it being a short filler stick. After heading over to visit Tampa Sweethearts shop, learned that this little cigar has some of the same fillers as the high-end Fuente offerings. Some could contain the off-cuts from Opus, Anejo and many others, but there is no guarantee of what is used. Fast forward, among other goodies, I bought a couple of Deluxe Maduros 6.5 x 43 sticks and gave one a try. No problems with draw, but was absolutely the WORST cigar I've ever had. Initially, pretty tasty. Soon followed by an increasing bitterness with a more astringent taste coming from the wrapper. Suffered through a third and tossed it. Horrible! Maybe it needed some humidor rest. Not my thing!

icehog3 06-21-2015 09:58 AM

Re: Fuente Curly Head

Sounds nasty, Rob.

Perhaps you got the shavngs from Fuente's failed experiment combining the Anejo and the Opus....The Anus X. :D

The Poet 06-21-2015 10:03 AM

I smoked one once. I even finished it. Sometimes it pays to have a plebeian palate.

icehog3 06-21-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2041087)
I smoked one once. I even finished it. Sometimes it pays to have a plebeian palate.

Weren't those the bad guys on "Star Trek"? :confused:

The Poet 06-21-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2041089)
Weren't those the bad guys on "Star Trek"? :confused:

You may be confusing that with the Ferengi, who as a race had notoriously poor tastes. They also had a strongly acquisitive nature and funky-looking heads, which leads me to suspect that Donald Trump is one. :D

WhiteMamba 06-21-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 2041093)
You may be confusing that with the Ferengi, who as a race had notoriously poor tastes. They also had a strongly acquisitive nature and funky-looking heads, which leads me to suspect that Donald Trump is one. :D

His ears aren't big enough. :r

WhiteMamba 06-21-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2041085)
Sounds nasty, Rob.

Perhaps you got the shavngs from Fuente's failed experiment combining the Anejo and the Opus....The Anus X. :D

:r I bet there are still a few guys here who would smoke an anus X

badbriar 06-21-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2041085)
Sounds nasty, Rob.

Superb! Now, I want one! :hy

shilala 06-21-2015 09:32 PM

I bought one at Grove City one day because I needed a cigar BAD and their selection was really poor.
Worst "good" cigar I ever had. I couldn't smoke half of it.

Flynnster 06-21-2015 10:06 PM

This really surprised me guys, these are my go to cheap smokes. Never had one that I didn't like.

jjirons69 06-22-2015 08:08 AM

I smoked many boxes of these 6-8 years ago diddling around the yard or course. I always thought they were a decent $1.50 stick. Hadn't had one in a long time. I'd probably smoke it though, my goat palate dislikes few things. You should've seen some of the girls I dated back in the day...

pektel 06-22-2015 05:37 PM

I prefer the Tampa Sweethearts 500 maduro. Don't know how those compare to the curly head price wise, but I'm enjoying the 500 maduro as I type this.