Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Starbucks "VIA" Ready Brew (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22250)

ade06 09-28-2009 02:23 PM

Starbucks "VIA" Ready Brew

Starbucks starts selling the VIA Ready Brew (instant coffee) in a few days. Any comments? If it's priced right, it's got to be better than the crap they brew in my office.

GreekGodX 09-28-2009 02:40 PM

Re: Starbucks "VIA" Ready Brew

I will have to give this a try. I buy imported Nescafe from Greece, that is instant to make frappe. Maybe this will be close in taste so I can save a boatload of money. None of the other instant coffee has the same taste. :2

N2Advnture 09-29-2009 04:34 AM

They gave me a sample this morning. Comes in two versions, regular and bold.

I'll give it a try today but I'm not hopeful :)

Resipsa 09-29-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade06 (Post 571666)
Starbucks starts selling the VIA Ready Brew (instant coffee) in a few days. Any comments? If it's priced right, it's got to be better than the crap they brew in my office.

no it doesn't:r

Mister Moo 09-29-2009 05:44 AM

Funny. I like a yardgar but instant coffee never works for me - I'd rawther drink black tea. Please let me know if the new Starbucks instant is great.

ade06 10-13-2009 03:08 PM

So I took the Starbucks' blind test twice on the VIA and failed both times. They claim that the VIA tastes the same as their house brew, but I could tell that they were different. I just couldn't guess which one was which. The test was conducted without sugar or cream, so honestly... I didn't care for either.

germantown rob 10-14-2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade06 (Post 598141)
The test was conducted without sugar or cream, so honestly... I didn't care for either.

:r:r:r That is funny!

Mister Moo 10-14-2009 05:21 AM

I had some last week - it wasn't awful or anything like that. It was like an instant and a half, but it was instant. I'd still prefer black tea.

mosesbotbol 10-14-2009 07:04 AM

They are too expensive to consider buying for me. Well, they can't release them and then raise the price, so it will take the consumer demand to determine the price in the future.

They did an excellent job making this product. Yes, one can tell the difference, but that is to say how good the product is. It's way better than Nescafe or Sanka, but not exactly fresh brewed... If the product was half the price, I could see this being a hit; especially for iced coffee, cooking, or with milk...

kenstogie 10-19-2009 10:49 AM

I had a sample about two weeks ago and my thoughts were,
-It's better that the usual instant stuff but not as good as fresh brewed. It's good to have a package or two in the desk drawer in case of of emergencies but it's not going to take the the place of a french press either.