Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tonights review (i have no clue what this is) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54492)

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 02:59 PM

Tonights review (i have no clue what this is)

Tonight's review is something i have no idea what it is i just found it at the bottom of my humi and thought it looks nice.

If anyone can identifies this please do.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/...1/photo6-7.jpg

I start smoking in a hour or so.

bobarian 03-22-2012 04:00 PM

Re: Tonights review (i have no clue what this is)

Looks like one of those rare smokes pulled from a unicorn's a$$. :sh

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 05:16 PM

Narr this was def created for twilight.

I still dont know what this is and dont much want to ever find out all in all construction was good the draw was good but the smoke output was tiny needless to say the best flavour i could get out of it was a thin cedar taste.

After 2 inches i had enough of it and left it whatever it was it was boring as all hell.

CigarNut 03-22-2012 08:16 PM

Grammer and punctuation could be your friends if you let them...

Just my :2

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1597313)

Boy your defiantly not the 9th person on here to point out the perfectly obvious.

CigarNut 03-22-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaver2145 (Post 1597326)
Boy your defiantly not the 9th person on here to point out the perfectly obvious.

I guess the perfectly obvious comments had no impact...

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1597339)
I guess the perfectly obvious comments had no impact...

Nope hasnt had a impact for the last 20 ish years and it wont have a impact for another 20 or so.

If im lucky.

mariogolbee 03-22-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1597313)

Did you just post this, misspell grammar, and forget a comma? I could be wrong, but that's what I see.

I also see BOTL making unnecessary comments to this guy in droves. Conformity is a very powerful phenomenon which we should try to be wary of. I think most of the members here are some of the greatest folks I know, period, but when someone starts to get picked on then many prominent members here seem to join in.

Michael, I'm not trying to point you out. I swear I'm not, but I've been watching this happen all day and it bothers me. I know some people will say, "You have to have a thick skin to be part of an online community." Tell that to the parents of kids who hang themselves, or whatever, after people f*ck with them online. Tell that to the (few, but still) folks who show up at someone's house after they badgered them online. I also know that this is not the degree of what's happening here, but it is more of a continuum than something that does or does not happen.

Please excuse my rant, but I see this happen time and time again. I know my BOTL are better than this.

Disclaimer: I do this stuff too at times and my grammar and punctuation often leave much to be desired. I love you all. Please don't be mad and stop looking at me like that. Cheers!

CigarNut 03-22-2012 09:22 PM

Not taking your comments personally Mario. I was not trying to attack the OP and did mean to come across that way. I was trying to offer advice. My posts are hardly perfect but I do make an effort.

To clarify my position: I would like to say that when one is bantering grammer and punctuation are not required.

I feel that when someone is taking the time to write a review, or anything that they want people to take the time to read and understand then I think they should take the time to make their post readable and understandable. Good grammer and punctuation go a long way toward that end.

The review posts in this thread do not fit my critieria of readable and understandable and I was trying to make a helpful suggestion.

The OP clearly does not care about making his posts understandable so it will not be worth my time and effort to read them in the future.

Others are alway free to do as they wish.

dwoodward 03-22-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1597375)
The OP clearly does not care about making his posts understandable so it will not be worth my time and effort to read them in the future.

You should play some games online, some people have god awful grammar, you think his is bad? I have seen beyond horrid stuff that somehow I am able to read and understand without problems, it's scary.

I'd be interested to know what cigar he smoked tho. Even if he didn't like it, any "unknown" cigar catches my eye.

CigarNut 03-22-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwoodward (Post 1597389)
You should play some games online, some people have god awful grammar, you think his is bad? I have seen beyond horrid stuff that somehow I am able to read and understand without problems, it's scary.

I'd be interested to know what cigar he smoked tho. Even if he didn't like it, any "unknown" cigar catches my eye.

:td
I get plenty of exposure to bad grammer I don't need to go hunt out any more...

mariogolbee 03-22-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

A: I feel that when someone is taking the time to write a review, or anything that they want people to take the time to read and understand then I think they should take the time to make their post readable and understandable. Good grammer and punctuation go a long way toward that end. The review posts in this thread do not fit my critieria of readable and understandable and I was trying to make a helpful suggestion.

B: The OP clearly does not care about making his posts understandable so it will not be worth my time and effort to read them in the future.

Where I marked "A" would have been sound and helpful advice to the OP.

Where I marked "B" seems very much to be true and a wise decision for you.

Again, it's not JUST you, Michael. If you follow this guy's posts for the day, there are A LOT of BOTL giving sarcastic "advice." Really, try it. When I see a person or two do this, "meh." When I see ten or more, "dogpile." I've seen it before and I'll see it again. I just couldn't stand by, in good conscious, and not say anything to get at least one person (in this case you) thinking.

mariogolbee 03-22-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1597392)
:td
I get plenty of exposure to bad grammer I don't need to go hunt out any more...

:r:r

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

As im subjecting your most superior self to such horrors of maybe quietly reading between the lines like everyone els on here im going to ask nicely for you to make use of the "block" function on here.

emopunker2004 03-22-2012 09:52 PM

I understand everything the OP says. But then again, I'm a Corrections Officer. His writing is like perfect english to me :r

oooo35980 03-22-2012 09:59 PM

I always just assumed English wasn't his first language... His posts aren't all that hard to decipher, except for the one about pastaferianism.

emopunker2004 03-22-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oooo35980 (Post 1597422)
I always just assumed English wasn't his first language... His posts aren't all that hard to decipher, except for the one about pastaferianism.

I believe he is in the UK so English is his first but it's English English :r

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emopunker2004 (Post 1597427)
I believe he is in the UK so English is his first but it's English English :r

Actuality a mix of scouse and Spanish would be my first language from where i grew up but as thats about as far away from normal English as cockney i wont be subjecting you guys to that...YET

Reaver2145 03-22-2012 10:44 PM

Hmm turned out to be a Alec Bradley JAM robusto.

sevans105 03-22-2012 11:40 PM

Ok ok ok.....these GRAMMER comments are killing me. Please, for future reference, if you critique someone's language skills please spell your own post correctly.

GRAMMAR not GRAMMER