Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What are you snuffing? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7338)

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 07:37 PM

What are you snuffing?

I know I can't be the only nasal snuff user here.

I'm enjoying Samuel Gawith Banana tonight. It is fantastic!

MCS

j-easy 01-02-2009 07:51 PM

Re: What are you snuffing?

ive heard about it and always wanted to try it, is there a good online site that sells it?

replicant_argent 01-02-2009 07:56 PM

Banana? Who's a thunk....

A little Bespoke Christmas Joy today.. A cellar of about 8 or 10 snuffs here.

replicant_argent 01-02-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-easy (Post 146893)
ive heard about it and always wanted to try it, is there a good online site that sells it?

http://www.marscigars.com/

Their CC acceptance had a glitch for a few months, but they have a great selection, great pricing, and good service.

j-easy 01-02-2009 08:06 PM

what type would you recommend for the first time?
thanks

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-easy (Post 146915)
what type would you recommend for the first time?
thanks

A lot of folks recommend the mentholated snuffs for first timers. I figure a cigar smoker would like something more natural. Send me your address and I'll send you some samples to try.

MCS

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 146905)
http://www.marscigars.com/

Their CC acceptance had a glitch for a few months, but they have a great selection, great pricing, and good service.

Yep! Mike at Mars is very good. I have an order of Toque coming from over seas then noticed he sold it too!

MCS

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 146902)
Banana? Who's a thunk....

A little Bespoke Christmas Joy today.. A cellar of about 8 or 10 snuffs here.

I love all the Bespoke stuff. Gin & Tonic is my favorite.

MCS

j-easy 01-02-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 146919)
A lot of folks recommend the mentholated snuffs for first timers. I figure a cigar smoker would like something more natural. Send me your address and I'll send you some samples to try.

MCS

pm sent, thank you

Starscream 01-02-2009 09:12 PM

Not familiar with nasal snuff. I looked up a how to site and it desscribed it as similar to snorting cocaine. Is this similar or way off base? Never used nasal snuff but very interested.

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 146990)
Not familiar with nasal snuff. I looked up a how to site and it desscribed it as similar to snorting cocaine. Is this similar or way off base? Never used nasal snuff but very interested.

It actually is very similar to cocaine snorting. However, nasal snuff came before cocaine so, cocaine snorting is like snuffing! Nasal snuff gives you an immediate nicotine rush like nothing else. There are a wide range of flavors much like pipe tobacco. It's also really enjoyable for me to have some snuff before smoking a cigar. It enhances the experience.

MCS

Starscream 01-02-2009 09:21 PM

Does it coat your lungs or just coat the inside of your nostrils? Snuff use before a cigar would probably change the whole flavor profile. Cool.

MajorCaptSilly 01-02-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 146996)
Does it coat your lungs or just coat the inside of your nostrils? Snuff use before a cigar would probably change the whole flavor profile. Cool.

You have to snort pretty hard to even get it in your throat. The lungs are safe!

MCS

Starscream 01-02-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 147001)
You have to snort pretty hard to even get it in your throat. The lungs are safe!

MCS

:tu

Well there's another slope I'll have to test out:mad:

:D

Starscream 01-02-2009 09:29 PM

American snuff is nasal also? Or is it oral?

MajorCaptSilly 01-03-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 147005)
American snuff is nasal also? Or is it oral?

Andy,

Most of the stuff you see at the gas station, etc is oral snuff. You can find some American nasal snuff at a few drugstores, supermarkets, etc but not very often anymore. Mars Cigars mentioned earlier in the thread carries about 15 different brands of the nasal snuff. American snuff is drier and usually more potent than the European stuff.

MCS

Starscream 01-03-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 147774)
Andy,

Most of the stuff you see at the gas station, etc is oral snuff. You can find some American nasal snuff at a few drugstores, supermarkets, etc but not very often anymore. Mars Cigars mentioned earlier in the thread carries about 15 different brands of the nasal snuff. American snuff is drier and usually more potent than the European stuff.

MCS

The American snuff at MarsCigars is what I was looking at. Thanks.

Ace$nyper 01-03-2009 02:12 PM

Never even heard of this, cool to learn :)

shvictor 01-03-2009 02:15 PM

I usually snuff gold paint, but thats just me. :D

Starscream 01-03-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shvictor (Post 147925)
I usually snuff gold paint, but thats just me. :D

How's that workin' out for you?

Emjaysmash 01-03-2009 02:41 PM

I have a tin of W.E. Garrets American Scotch Snuff and Dean's S.P.
I picked up The American Scotch as a n00b (I still am a snuff n00b) and now I love it. Awesome kick, and great flavor!

hurricane6 01-03-2009 03:10 PM

great, more stuff out there to keep me addicted to nicotine! I guess a new nicotine slope for me to try. last year was the snus slope-crashed and burned!

RHNewfie 01-03-2009 06:37 PM

This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.

Emjaysmash 01-03-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHNewfie (Post 148239)
This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.

Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps :D

Starscream 01-03-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 148246)
Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps :D

Good description. This link may also help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2246532_use-...paign=yssp_art

MajorCaptSilly 01-04-2009 03:57 PM

Had some Samuel Gawith Cob Dark for the 1st time today. Very soapy flavor. Not my favorite but will try it again.

MCS

MajorCaptSilly 01-15-2009 08:20 PM

Been on a Toque Espresso binge for tha last couple days mixed with and occasional sniff of McChrystal's Original & Genuine for a menthol kick.

MCS

PartagasIV 01-15-2009 09:43 PM

How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?

Emjaysmash 01-15-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartagasIV (Post 172853)
How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?

Some take it 30-40 times a day. Ive never packed a lip so i dunno how it compares.

shilala 01-16-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.

adampc22 01-16-2009 03:27 AM

i use meny meny snuffs i remeber makeing a post on cs ages ago asking if enybody used snuff not one person replyd lol arwell never mind lol gawith apricot is my fav

MajorCaptSilly 01-16-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Depending on what sort of nasal snuff you're using, you will get quite the rush at the beginning. It usually only lasts a few minutes. The flavor can stay with you for hours. I haven't dipped since I was I was in high school so, I don't remember the nicotine effects of that.

MCS

MajorCaptSilly 01-16-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 173012)
When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.

I think you might of got a can of American snuff. Some of the American snuff is quite a bit stronger than the European brands.

MCS

Starscream 01-16-2009 08:29 AM

Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.

Emjaysmash 01-16-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 173293)
Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.

Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!

DBall 01-16-2009 09:57 AM

paint, glue... oh, wait... er... um... "snuffing"? Nevermind...:lv

Starscream 01-16-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 173303)
Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!

Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx

adampc22 01-16-2009 12:15 PM

snuff is tax free were i am its the only tobacco to be cigars and cigs and tobacoo have 360% tax but snuff is tax free its the only tobacco item i can get cheaper than u american guys lol

Emjaysmash 01-16-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 173606)
Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx

That looks awesome. Now you can really say, "Hey, this smells like Christmas!!"

adampc22 01-18-2009 02:54 AM

THIS JUST IN A HAVE A NEW FAV SNUFF lol a few of u will no that a take alot of snuff i am talking to u mj and andrew i have a new fav snuff J&H WILSONS MEDICATED No99 its bloody awsome TRY IT

shilala 01-18-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 173042)
I think you might of got a can of American snuff. Some of the American snuff is quite a bit stronger than the European brands.

MCS

Someone broke a can near the gym one time and they called the fire department. Seriously. It was between classes and everyone was sneezing and it had their eyes watering and all the good stuff that goes with it.
If I remember right, it was a pretty righteous speed buzz, which was why us little junkies were hitting it. :hn

Emjaysmash 01-18-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adampc22 (Post 176757)
THIS JUST IN A HAVE A NEW FAV SNUFF lol a few of u will no that a take alot of snuff i am talking to u mj and andrew i have a new fav snuff J&H WILSONS MEDICATED No99 its bloody awsome TRY IT

Lmao. Thanks for the announcement Adam. I'll try to find myself some.

Starscream 01-31-2009 10:07 PM

Made my purchase today:

GH Whiskey
Bespoke Gin and Tonic
Bespoke Christmas Joy
Dutch Windmill Mentholin
Dutch Windmill Chocolate Creme

Also got a pipe, a cigar sampler, and a tin of Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader.
I wanted to try some Toque brands, but Marscigars was out of stock.

weasel 02-01-2009 04:28 AM

At the moment I'm working my way through a tin of "Crumbs of Comfort".

It's made by Wilsons of Sharrow, and has a spearmint, rather than methol flavour.

kzm007 02-01-2009 04:38 AM

I'm not one to ask favors, but I've never tried this and don't want to pay shipping on something I don't like. Would someone be interested in selling me a small sample?

On a thread-related note, I've heard the area between your thumb and finger, that flap of skin, called a snuffbox; I assume you set the pinch there, and raise it to your nose to snort it?

Fascinating stuff, tobacco. Pipes, cigars, cigarettes, chew, rope, snuff, snus...very versatile.

Kegan

Mugen910 02-02-2009 11:41 AM

toque chocolate/grapefruit/original...thanks Erik!

Starscream 02-02-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 210164)
toque chocolate/grapefruit/original...thanks Erik!

So what do you think about snuff, Bao?

Starscream 02-04-2009 08:46 PM

Still waiting on my shipment to arrive.:( I'm anxious to try this stuff out.

Starscream 02-05-2009 01:51 PM

Bespoke Gin and Tonic.
Was a rush the first attempt. Then I figured out not to inhale so hard. Not bad.
Doesn't remind me of Christmas, though.

Mugen910 02-05-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 210758)
So what do you think about snuff, Bao?

Chit..sorry andy...didn't realize you asked me a question here...I like it since it was free from Erik (BigE610) but Adampc says that there is much better stuff out there. I am curious as to what or how much better this stuff is and the change in quality.