Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54194)

688sonarmen 03-10-2012 09:31 AM

La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love

I've smoked a few LFD's in the past and liked them enough. But recently I've been absolutely loving each one I have smoked, slowly pushing my Tat's, Oliva, DPG, and even A.F's further back in my humi to make room for all the new additions. Anyone else really dig Litto Gomez and LFD?

Theo Cincy 03-10-2012 10:45 AM

Re: La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love

Absolutely. From small batch to 2000 cameroon's. I have started a pretty good collection of the more recent limited ed. Lines... I am right there with you. I am lighting a small batch #4 here shortly to watch the uk game.

688sonarmen 03-10-2012 11:03 AM

Never had the 2000's, how are they? BTW Go Cats!

shilala 03-10-2012 11:15 AM

I absolutely love the LG line, not so much the LFD. I do love the Coronados, though. I've got tons from the last few years.
Litto is genius and his LG stuff is absolutely brilliant, beyond words.
I just keep quiet about his stuff, it just drives prices up. ;)

Remo 03-10-2012 11:16 AM

Not a huge fan of the LFD...but have heard/read great things about the Litto Gomez...they are on my radar :tu

688sonarmen 03-10-2012 11:19 AM

The LG line is awesome Mike, pricey but worth it for sure!

Remo 03-10-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen (Post 1587459)
The LG line is awesome Mike, pricey but worth it for sure!

:tu bud

maninblack 03-10-2012 11:30 AM

Freaking love the LG's!! The small batches kick ass!

kelmac07 03-10-2012 11:35 AM

Love me some LFD and Litto gomez stuff. The only one I wasn't really impressed with (and I only had one, so I am chalking it up to I got a bad stick), was the LG Small Batch #3. I really dig the LG Chisels, LFD Maduro Chisels and the LFD Factory Press. :dr :dr

kuzi16 03-10-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen (Post 1587436)
Never had the 2000's, how are they? BTW Go Cats!

the 2000 series is amazing. im not sure why they arent promoted more by LFD.

notes of wood, spice, sweetness, and even a bit of sassafras. bot what really struck me as exceptional about that cigar is the balance.

that being said, i am an LFD whore. there isnt a single blend that i have had from them that i was not impressed with. My favorites being Air Bender Chisel, Cameroon Cabinet no.1, and DL Maduro chisel.

or is it the LG lancero, 2000 el Toro, and Factory press IV?

damn...difficult choices.

688sonarmen 03-10-2012 12:23 PM

So far my favorite is the Colorado Oscuro, from what I read it looks like a maduro but it is not. The process is kept hush hush but similar to "an over ripe banana" I was not overly impressed by the Small Batch #3 either Mac, the guy at the B&M acted like they were originally packaged in the covenant of the arch.

shilala 03-10-2012 12:51 PM

If you guys had ever had the opportunity to try a Small Batch #1, you'd still be talking about it. I managed to get ahold of 3 along the way, all 3 were in the top 10 smokes I've ever had. Just insanely delicious, complex, and they changed up every 15 minutes.
They're what made a Litto Ho out of me.
The '09 LG Oriental Oscuros are to die for, as well as the Coronado Maduros.
If I were stuck on a desert Island, I'd hope I floated in on a barge of Small Batch #1's. I'd never need another cigar, ever.

sevans105 03-10-2012 01:46 PM

Just getting into the LFD love....not much experience with Litto, but really digging the LFD's. Got a monstrosity of a Digger that I got from a brother here that will die A fiery death tonight (steak for dinner-gotta be prepared for something like that)

ApexAZ 03-10-2012 02:36 PM

I need to try some Little Gomez now.

shilala 03-10-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans105 (Post 1587589)
Just getting into the LFD love....not much experience with Litto, but really digging the LFD's. Got a monstrosity of a Digger that I got from a brother here that will die A fiery death tonight (steak for dinner-gotta be prepared for something like that)

If you like the LFD line, you'll LOVE the LG line.
The LFD's are all one-dimensional, but solid. Some are crazy strong with ligero. I have a box of double ligero A's that are like a foot long and take 3 days to smoke. They're nice, but they just don't change up.
The old icepicks morph a bit, coronados do, mysterios do, but that's about it so far as LFD's go. That's not to say it's a bad thing, I just like a lot more of a carnival atmosphere from a cigar. :)
Regardless, they're all solid. I wish they weren't so crazy expensive, but they're worth every dime.
I suppose when I stack an LG, dollar for dollar against tats, viaje, Liga privada, and all the other expensive rage sticks, there really is no comparison. They cost the same but give up a lot more.

sevans105 03-10-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1587623)
If you like the LFD line, you'll LOVE the LG line.
The LFD's are all one-dimensional, but solid. Some are crazy strong with ligero. I have a box of double ligero A's that are like a foot long and take 3 days to smoke. They're nice, but they just don't change up.
The old icepicks morph a bit, coronados do, mysterios do, but that's about it so far as LFD's go. That's not to say it's a bad thing, I just like a lot more of a carnival atmosphere from a cigar. :)
Regardless, they're all solid. I wish they weren't so crazy expensive, but they're worth every dime.
I suppose when I stack an LG, dollar for dollar against tats, viaje, Liga privada, and all the other expensive rage sticks, there really is no comparison. They cost the same but give up a lot more.

So, you'd put an LG up against those other brands? The changes are what I LOVE about certain cigars....those are my absolute favorites.....which is why I love the Viaje 50\50 ..black more than red...and the LP 9 is in my top 10.

I've read a lot of your reviews and the ones you have liked have always been ones I've enjoyed as well. I'll pick up some LG 5'ers. Any you guys think I should be sure to try?

Crownedone 03-10-2012 05:29 PM

LFD's Much love from me. Litto is the king! air bender chisel is my favorite. The double ligero's can have you reaching for the bottle of pink if your not careful.

Theo Cincy 03-10-2012 06:10 PM

Just had the air bender maduro.......amazing smoke in my opinion. From what I understand it is limited run cigar.

688sonarmen 03-10-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Cincy (Post 1587728)
Just had the air bender maduro.......amazing smoke in my opinion. From what I understand it is limited run cigar.

I think those are the ones that come in the big barn humidor deal.

Islayphile 03-10-2012 08:36 PM

I'm a huge fan of the LFD, LGD and the Coronado lines.

Coronado maduros are amazing