Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Atlanta Smoke shops/BOTL? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42988)

druturn 02-27-2011 03:43 PM

Atlanta Smoke shops/BOTL?

Hey fellas, I am heading out to Atlanta on Tuesday and am staying till Sunday for a conference. Anyone have any suggestions for a cigar shop I should hit up while there? Any BOTL down for a smoke?

awsmith4 02-27-2011 03:53 PM

Re: Atlanta Smoke shops/BOTL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by druturn (Post 1186927)
Hey fellas, I am heading out to Atlanta on Tuesday and am staying till Sunday for a conference. Anyone have any suggestions for a cigar shop I should hit up while there? Any BOTL down for a smoke?

Where are you staying?

druturn 02-27-2011 04:55 PM

At the Atlanta Hilton.

awsmith4 02-27-2011 05:57 PM

I'll have to check my calendar to see if I can herf, but as far as B&Ms city of Atlanta is sparse. As far as places to smoke its not. If you can make it to Buckhead there are a few great shops. In the city there is Highland cigar which is a pretty cool bar and about 5 mins from your hotel

Highland Cigar Co
245 North Highland Avenue NE # 140
Atlanta, GA 30307

I will look in the morning but I should be able to herf down there at some point this week

GodOfFire 02-27-2011 06:01 PM

I would highly recommend "Tobbacco World" largest walk in this side of the Mississippi I believe. North about 15 mins probably.

Unfortunately this is a bad week for me. Tons of Shops in the area though. I have lived here about a year I have been told there are more shops per Capita in ATL than any other city. I'm not certain if that is accurate but there are alot.

Albert we need to get together...

thebayratt 02-27-2011 07:16 PM

Buckhead Cigars.
They are in a hotel lobby. Forgot the hotel name though.

3400 Around Lenox Road Northeast

Matt-N-Ga 02-27-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebayratt (Post 1187115)
Buckhead Cigars.
They are in a hotel lobby. Forgot the hotel name though.

3400 Around Lenox Road Northeast

Buckhead Ciga Club is actually inside of Dantannas Sports Bar. Mike and Borum at Buckhead Cigar are great guys, if you can make it there, it's one of the best shops around.

Tobacco world will be about 30 minutes away without traffic, an hour or so with. A bit closer, in Smyrna, is one of my favorite shops, WiseAsh Cigars. It's on Cobb Pkway.

I'd suggest going to TheCigarNetwork.com to find local places and reviews. Awsmith4 and I both live north, very close to Tobacco World. If there is something I can help with, just shoot me a message.

thebayratt 02-27-2011 07:49 PM

THATS RITE!! ......Sportsbar.... duh~
Mike is a cool guy!

I have never been there, but we spent a little time here n there with Mike @ IPCPR last year and have bought a good number of smokes from him.

bvilchez 02-27-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 1187020)
I'll have to check my calendar to see if I can herf, but as far as B&Ms city of Atlanta is sparse. As far as places to smoke its not. If you can make it to Buckhead there are a few great shops. In the city there is Highland cigar which is a pretty cool bar and about 5 mins from your hotel

Highland Cigar Co
245 North Highland Avenue NE # 140
Atlanta, GA 30307

I will look in the morning but I should be able to herf down there at some point this week

I heard nothing but good things about this place while I was out in GA last summer. Didn't get a chance to go but I hear it's a great place to relax and kick back.

cmitch 02-27-2011 07:55 PM

Our local store, Truly Cigars has a sister store in Marietta, GA, right on the edge of Atlanta. They have a bar and a lounge. Tracy Jones is the proprietor.

Superbad 02-27-2011 07:56 PM

Whodeeni is also in Atlanta.

whodeeni 02-27-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbad (Post 1187170)
Whodeeni is also in Atlanta.

Is that right? Send me a PM w/ your number bro and we'll work something
out. I'll see if I can round a couple local brothers up to herf w/ us as well!

But Matt (Matt-N-Ga) isn't invited!:r

druturn 02-28-2011 01:23 AM

PM sent! Thanks for the replies and advice gentlemen! Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you GA BOTL!

itsme_timd 02-28-2011 08:49 AM

I think most of the guys here having given you the same info I would...

Highland is a great place, no cutting fee if you take your own as their focus is more on the bar area - GREAT Scotch selection, decent beer, bourbon and rum selection. It's in an area called Inman Park and there are a lot of eateries, etc. within walking distance. I love this area of Atlanta.

Buckhead is great, Mike and Borum are a trip. Plus you can order a 32 oz. Cowboy Cut ribeye and have it served to you in the B&M. :D My home shop is Wise Ash (C4 Club rep-ree-zent!) like Matt and Albert. Truly is a great shop and Tracy recently expanded into a much, much bigger location.

If you're staying at the downtown Hilton on Courtland make sure to check out Trader Vic's in the Hilton. Kind of a Mecca for rum nerds and one of the few remaining TV's. It's rumored (and disputed) that "Trader Vic" invented the Mai Tai... whether he did or not they make a great one here - and the food is excellent but a bit spendy.

Whoodeni already PM'd me about a herf so we'll see what we can do for ya, hope you enjoy The ATL!