Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heading to London (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64643)

MrClean 12-19-2013 12:11 PM

Heading to London

The last week of January. It's for work and we'll be working nights most of the time we're there so I'm not sure how much 'fun' will be had. I'm pretty excited, never been out of the states before. Haven't booked hotel room yet so not sure what part of town I'll be staying. I know there are two sites we have to perform testing at so we'll be somewhere between them and probably close to the 'tube'.
The best part, my daughter goes to France and London the summer after she graduates from high school (2015), she thought she was going to be the first of our family to travel overseas....... :tg
Already looking for cigar shops, but kind of pointless until I know where we're staying. :tu

stearns 12-19-2013 12:15 PM

Re: Heading to London

I love London, been there a couple different times. just be ready to spend a lot of money, especially if you're looking at cigar shops (it's been a while, but I think it was around $15 for your normal PC sized smoke). Buy duty free in the airport when you land for smoking while you're there if you wanna save a couple bucks :tu

MrClean 12-19-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stearns (Post 1911775)
I love London, been there a couple different times. just be ready to spend a lot of money, especially if you're looking at cigar shops (it's been a while, but I think it was around $15 for your normal PC sized smoke). Buy duty free in the airport when you land for smoking while you're there if you wanna save a couple bucks :tu

Good idea, thanks Ben!

AdamJoshua 12-19-2013 12:21 PM

Mitchell (UK) might have a shop around you, the pictures are pretty cool and he's a good guy, he was at SoCal last year and a very generous, good humored person.

EDITED BY icehog3:

Sorry, had to remove Adam's link as it is contrary to CA policy.

Google is your friend, though. :)

big pete 12-19-2013 12:24 PM

LCDH in Teddington, JJ Fox, Davidoff Store (two stores over from JJ Fox). Really cool shops but you'll have sticker shock

MrClean 12-19-2013 12:39 PM

Thanks Adam! :tu

Remo 12-19-2013 12:56 PM

Have a good time Jeff!!

Don Fernando 12-25-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClean (Post 1911773)
Already looking for cigar shops, but kind of pointless until I know where we're staying. :tu

JJ Fox

but …… BRING YOUR OWN STICKS!!!

Cigars are sick expensive in the UK and with sick expensive I mean f*ckin' sick expensive.

For example:
Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill: £ 12.50, that is $ 20.44

MrClean 12-25-2013 10:38 AM

Thanks Pete and Ferdie! I kinda thought the prices would be crazy high. I should be booking the hotel pretty soon so I'll have a better idea where we're staying.

Conch Republican 12-25-2013 07:06 PM

Scones with clotted cream and jam....amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I always carry my own sticks when traveling, BUT, if you have the scratch...you should be able to pick up some regionals

Don Fernando 12-26-2013 01:47 AM

better come to Amsterdam, sticks are much better priced, laid back atmosphere.

MrClean 12-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fernando (Post 1914257)
better come to Amsterdam, sticks are much better priced, laid back atmosphere.

I'd love a trip to Amsterdam, but I might never leave. :r

Don Fernando 12-26-2013 08:34 AM

the more the merrier :)

MrClean 01-21-2014 08:46 PM

Flying out Saturday afternoon. Not overly excited about a 7.5 hour flight but I am excited about getting out of the country.
I'll be at the Hilton London Canary Wharf hotel, it's on South Quay, Marsh Wall. Didn't really mean anything to me :lr. It's close the sites we'll be working at. Gonna take my own sticks and if I happen to find a shop, cool, if not I'll still have my own :tu

AdamJoshua 01-21-2014 09:19 PM

Have a great trip Jeff, hopefully lots of pics of awesome cigar places there!

CamoFlogged 01-21-2014 09:23 PM

Have fun. I will be there in a few weeks myself. As already stated, good plan bringing your own sticks. SOooo expensive over there but the shops Pete mentioned are very nice so at least try to visit. Maybe you will come back with an accent.

big pete 01-21-2014 09:34 PM

Have fun! Even though the sticks are pricey, pick up a few just because you're there. They all had some nice aged stuff (picked up some UK regionals and '02 CoLas when I was there a year ago)

Veatorious 01-21-2014 10:08 PM

Have fun bud!

jledou 01-22-2014 01:55 AM

Enjoy Jeff! Find a way to sleep for a couple hours and your flight will be easier.

Felixcigar 01-27-2014 01:38 PM

May be a little late on this one, but don't miss the Imperial War Museum and Churchill's underground bunker. And remember, look right when crossing those streets!