Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What to do with Sh*%ty cigars (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52791)

44stampede 01-21-2012 01:52 AM

What to do with Sh*%ty cigars

Just a informal poll of what to do with the crappy cigars you ended up with.

I have to get rid of quite a few...

I understand the troops need some but I am in Singapore. Not that I am opposed to sending some but it makes it a little tougher.

Not sure if this is allowed but I bought a bunch of cigars from Thompson and now know I paid too much for crappy cigars. I am not blaming the company (I understand as a business man that we need to make a profit) but it won't stop me from saying that I would disregard most of the reviews and buy from somewhere else.

Everything I bought from them before I knew anything "on sale" has turned out to be garbage. Even if it wasn't that cheap on sale! Again, it's my own fault but I just want to warn the rest of you.

That is all :)

Cheers

Bill86 01-21-2012 01:59 AM

Re: What to do with Sh*%ty cigars

I only had maybe 10-12...just tossed them in the trash. Same thing with a crappy lit cigar or something that is disappointing, pitch it.

Remo 01-21-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill86 (Post 1536610)
I only had maybe 10-12...just tossed them in the trash. Same thing with a crappy lit cigar or something that is disappointing, pitch it.

I am going with Bomb Frank :gary

maninblack 01-21-2012 09:40 AM

I would never send the troops some crappy cigars. Cheaper cigars maybe, but not some nasty dog rockets. They are over there serving our country and sacrificing for all of us. Just toss the suckers in the trash.

kelmac07 01-21-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maninblack (Post 1536747)
I would never send the troops some crappy cigars. Cheaper cigars maybe, but not some nasty dog rockets. They are over there serving our country and sacrificing for all of us. Just toss the suckers in the trash.

:tpd:

pnoon 01-21-2012 09:43 AM

If they are Thompson brand, pitch 'em.

If not, search for them here on CA. You never know, someone may like them. Then you could send them to someone who would enjoy them.

jluck 01-21-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

I was told to not worry about quality when sending to the troops, they are happy to get anything and worst case they can pitch them. I have some I don't care for that I was going to pitch but I figured what the heck there's still some room in the box. I am sending them some good stuff too.

Blak Smyth 01-21-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

I disagree, I think any cigars should go to the troops. I would far rather have a dog rocket than nothing if I was over there. And many troops are not cigar smokers and just want something to relax them for a few minutes. I know before I was smoking all the time I was fine smoking anything, it all tasted fine to me. I don't know maybe I'm wrong I just think anything (even dog rockets) is better than nothing to our troops. I say send them.

If you are uncomfortable sending them to our troops then send then to Frank (he has an empty Humi) or Remo (he deserves them):r

crazyirishman 01-21-2012 11:15 AM

I agree with Shane on this one.

Even if the troop in question is a cigar smoker who's used to smoking Padrons or OpusX, the fact that someone had the thought to send them anything and then go through the "trouble" of sending them even turd sticks would bring a smile to their faces. I'm hard pressed to believe that any service member has opened up an unsolicited gift from someone Stateside that they've never met as a measure of support and been disappointed.

But that's just me.

Remo 01-21-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1536809)

If you are uncomfortable sending them to our troops then send then to ME and my ZOMBIES as we are already dead and can't taste anyways!:r

Fixed

sikk50 01-21-2012 11:36 AM

My vote would go for troops, but given your location that doesn't sound like an option

maninblack 01-21-2012 11:39 AM

Sorry I just don't feel comfortable sending the troops some crappy sticks just because I wanna get rid of them. I feel they deserve more than that. Just my two cents.

crazyirishman 01-21-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maninblack (Post 1536827)
Sorry I just don't feel comfortable sending the troops some crappy sticks just because I wanna get rid of them. I feel they deserve more than that. Just my two cents.

I'm sure they appreciate that :)

maninblack 01-21-2012 11:55 AM

If I wanna get rid of crappy sticks I'll just send them your way.

lenguamor 01-21-2012 01:05 PM

Bad cigars compost nicely; just remove the bands first.

44stampede 01-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maninblack (Post 1536842)
If I wanna get rid of crappy sticks I'll just send them your way.

Not sure if you're intentionally being rude or what but don't appreciate it.

44stampede 01-21-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1536752)
If they are Thompson brand, pitch 'em.

If not, search for them here on CA. You never know, someone may like them. Then you could send them to someone who would enjoy them.

These are Gurkhas that I am talking about and I guess I exaggerated the crappiness. They certainly are not the worst thing I have smoked but I don't like them.

I would just chuck them if they were unsmokable.

jluck 01-21-2012 01:15 PM

If you were in this country I would take em. I say just let them age, give it a year nothin to loose.

Emjaysmash 01-21-2012 01:17 PM

If they arev Gurkahs, send them to the troops. Or maybe sell them? There are people who enjoy Gurkhas. Hell, I'd take em.

maninblack 01-21-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44stampede (Post 1536909)
Not sure if you're intentionally being rude or what but don't appreciate it.

It wasn't aimed at you and it was meant as a joke.